Ways to boost this game

patrickogorman19

On 2/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, Gioz85_ita said:

yes man, lvl 50 it's a nightmare because the exp you need is extremely high and it's really boring to repeat over and over the same 2-3 race which give you best Xp amount in gt league.
best race give you around 8200 exp points in 11-12 minutes.

Which race gives you 8200xp? I am doing "Premium Sports Lounge Race 1" by using Porsche group N400. With clean race this gets me 7590xp per race , about 12min.

27 minutes ago, vujos said:

Which race gives you 8200xp? I am doing "Premium Sports Lounge Race 1" by using Porsche group N400. With clean race this gets me 7590xp per race , about 12min.

I don't know if it's still the best method, but search for "Blue Moon KTM X-Bow" and there is several guides for it. It was about 9k in 12 minutes if done cleanly if remember correctly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

I don't know if it's still the best method, but search for "Blue Moon KTM X-Bow" and there is several guides for it. It was about 9k in 12 minutes if done cleanly if remember correctly. 

Nice! Just looked up the video, its more XP because group of KTM X-Bow car is N300 and its super light and fast for that category which makes cornering breeze. Race lasts about the same as with Porsche 12 min, but with X Bow you get extra 650 xp per race, that's big difference in long run as you need to run this race hundreds of times to reach lvl 50.

Will definitely give it a try tonight. 

Thanks!

Did they nerf some of the events? I tried the Blue Moon and Red Bull ring ones, which used to give 6000+ exp, and now I'm getting only 5k.

That's some dirty cheap behavior from Poliphony if that's the case, getting to level 50 is already incredibly annoying as is, nerfing events is just stupid.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, vujos said:

Nice! Just looked up the video, its more XP because group of KTM X-Bow car is N300 and its super light and fast for that category which makes cornering breeze. Race lasts about the same as with Porsche 12 min, but with X Bow you get extra 650 xp per race, that's big difference in long run as you need to run this race hundreds of times to reach lvl 50.

Will definitely give it a try tonight. 

Thanks!

i prefer the mazda RX 500 which is easier to handle and i'm faster (can do first turn at 180-190 Km/h, second turn at 270-285Km/h depending on slipstream, last turn at 220-228Km/h average lap around 47-48" and best around 46.5").
it's possible to downgrade RX500 to a N200 class (or using the old Alpine, which it's slower) and restart the race to change IA car (if there is LaFerrari or mclaren F1 i can't win but against bugatti and lambo i find it doable) but the exp/time it's worst than N300 and it's easy to fail if IA cars crash into you.

19 hours ago, lloydisthebest88 said:

Did they nerf some of the events? I tried the Blue Moon and Red Bull ring ones, which used to give 6000+ exp, and now I'm getting only 5k.

That's some dirty cheap behavior from Poliphony if that's the case, getting to level 50 is already incredibly annoying as is, nerfing events is just stupid.

sicuro che prima ottenessi più esperienza? sinceramente la sto facendo parecchio e non ricordo quanto pagasse prima rispetto ad ora ma indicativamente mi sembra necessario sempre lo stesso folle tempo da buttar via.

______

it's possible to start a custom race with the old alpine on the first oval track against 1 Gr1 car and go for rubberbanding the DS4, but if the IA push your car into pitstop or into a spinning trick and a lap it's too long (for example 10 minutes) at the end of the session you obtain only milage points (no credits and no exp), btw exp/time it's really low.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, Gioz85_ita said:

i prefer the mazda RX 500 which is easier to handle and i'm faster (can do first turn at 180-190 Km/h, second turn at 270-285Km/h depending on slipstream, last turn at 220-228Km/h average lap around 47-48" and best around 46.5").
it's possible to downgrade RX500 to a N200 class (or using the old Alpine, which it's slower) and restart the race to change IA car (if there is LaFerrari or mclaren F1 i can't win but against bugatti and lambo i find it doable) but the exp/time it's worst than N300 and it's easy to fail if IA cars crash into you.

Thanks for suggestion. The times and speed in corners are about the same as with KTM, but I can bet Mazda is easier to handle than KTM.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, Gioz85_ita said:

sicuro che prima ottenessi più esperienza? sinceramente la sto facendo parecchio e non ricordo quanto pagasse prima rispetto ad ora ma indicativamente mi sembra necessario sempre lo stesso folle tempo da buttar via.

Seguendo esattamente questo video ricevo poco più di 5k, mentre nel video sono più di 7k...

Edited by lloydisthebest88

On 11/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, lloydisthebest88 said:

Seguendo esattamente questo video ricevo poco più di 5k, mentre nel video sono più di 7k...

hai ragione.

as llolydisthebest88 wrote, previously exp reward was higher.

Edited by Gioz85_ita

Guys how do you estimate the situation regarding the player base?

I haven‘t started yet with GT Sport but I‘m a little afraid the Multiplayer trophies might be way harder by now compared to the last two years...

In Dirt Rally(2016) for example in the daily events it‘s clearly visible that the average player is A LOT better than in Dirt Rally 2.0(2018).

Is it maybe already too late for chasing this plat at that point or do you think there is still a fair number of non-pro/average people playing?

Don‘t get me wrong, I always welcome a challenge, but I know from experience that especially in racing games, mostly the hardcore gamers remain over the years and i still wish to have a fair chance and not race against „aliens“ most of the time :D

Edited by Ghost-TeamX
  • Like 1

it's doable if you are good at racing games, there are many "normal players" and not only "aliens" and every week new players start to play.
BUT it's important to practice a lot, you can read my suggestions some posts above.

the real problem it's the level 50 trophy, it's really long to reach.

On 18.03.2020 at 0:02 AM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Guys how do you estimate the situation regarding the player base?

I haven‘t started yet with GT Sport but I‘m a little afraid the Multiplayer trophies might be way harder by now compared to the last two years...

In Dirt Rally(2016) for example in the daily events it‘s clearly visible that the average player is A LOT better than in Dirt Rally 2.0(2018).

Is it maybe already too late for chasing this plat at that point or do you think there is still a fair number of non-pro/average people playing?

Don‘t get me wrong, I always welcome a challenge, but I know from experience that especially in racing games, mostly the hardcore gamers remain over the years and i still wish to have a fair chance and not race against „aliens“ most of the time :D

I played few matches still far far away from reaching my first win. I’m will try not to give up. 

3 hours ago, Lijon88 said:

I played few matches still far far away from reaching my first win. I’m will try not to give up. 

just play over and over, learn tracks and you'll win ;)

race A and B are plenty of normal players and serial killer, just try to race avoiding wrestlers because if you play a crash test simulator can be very hard to be fast.

i won more races in GT sport than the total sum of iracing, assetto corsa and assetto corsa competizione, and i'm only a slow amateur.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lijon88 said:

It will not earn your any friends, but overall Driver (DR) and Sportsmanship (SR) are correlated, the faster a player is, the cleaner he is. If you learn the game to have a organically high DR but sandbag a little in the SR department, you will win very often if you escape the traditional first corner pileup.

I had a win rating of about 33% when I completed the 91 wins trophy because I didn't take the high road when I saw a dirt driver and often had my scrapes with one, tanking my "natural" A~B DR and SR. I even won one 10 lap race in Magiore starting for 19th, overtaking everyone in the first 6 laps when I was paired with E rating drivers. 

• 1 month later...

Enjoying racing as I always do, I would say I'm above average in races but I just can't put together a super qualifying time which is killing me. Whenever I improve my time, I seem to end up lower down the grid.

Had 30 races and only one win, which was then taken away by a 20-second penalty for somebody smashing me at the first chicane in Monza! Grrrr. One fastest lap.

Plenty of races where I'm starting 7th - 12th and finishing 2nd or 3rd. I really need to sort qualifying.

It is a good game. But I'm not sure the 91 wins, 322 races, 65 poles is a feat I'm going to get near. 

I usually race Manual transmission and TCS medium. I would have thought that would improve my chances, but I seem to be going quicker with Auto and TCS 4 or 5. What gives?

Cheers @FiodorKing

I'll try it at zero with MT again. Current Race A I'm finishing 2nd and 3rd from 7th-12th regularly. Could've won one of the four races I had yesterday but got bumped by another driver. I definitely have the speed. That was with TSC 3 and MT after I switched from back from AT. Definitely quicker.

Seems to be all about learning the tracks exhaustively and getting everything right. Qualifying really needs to be better, best start I've managed is 3rd which was when the weekly races first changed.

• Like 1

This isn't rocket science. I'm a driver around A-B tier and just dropped myself to D tier in order to make the platinum an easy task. I set one good qualifying lap and can just easily farm those off. If I'm deep enough into D tier, I'll just go for the win and most likely take the fastest lap along the way. As soon as I'm very close to/ in C tier, I'll just fall back at the beginning of the race and finish as one of the 3 last ones. I think it's even more impactful to lose when being on pole, as you lose ~15 positions which makes the process even quicker. So if I'm in mid D tier, I'll go for up to 2 wins, until I drop down again for 2-4 races and then I repeat the whole thing over and over again. It just get's very boring, so i don't grind for that platinum very actively. I just commit to it maybe 2-3 days a week. 

• Like 1

On 29/04/2020 at 10:20 AM, pnepnepne said:

Cheers @FiodorKing

I'll try it at zero with MT again. Current Race A I'm finishing 2nd and 3rd from 7th-12th regularly. Could've won one of the four races I had yesterday but got bumped by another driver. I definitely have the speed. That was with TSC 3 and MT after I switched from back from AT. Definitely quicker.

Seems to be all about learning the tracks exhaustively and getting everything right. Qualifying really needs to be better, best start I've managed is 3rd which was when the weekly races first changed.

If your main issue is qualifying time (and also get some pole position), you should have a look at the current leaderboard for the event, look best time, and there you can watch the race done with best time !

That way you can learn the best way to take turns ... when to break or not ... it will help you to be faster ;)

Got pole positions / wins trophy before having the 3XX races done .... with automatic gear and without changing any default set up !

(I did like Filipp-s ... when i go up to C-rank, i just give up race / go to last position to be back to D races and being able to easily win again ... not very fair but ... at least i finally got it and now i can play the normal way for the 3XX races)

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

Cheers guys!

I am 85 races in and got my first win. That sounds like I'm useless, but there are a lot of 2nds and 3rds in there, my win came from 7th on the grid and a last corner overtake.

I am not overly fussed as there are so many other grind trophies on this game that at least its counting towards those anyway.

I'm level B and sportmanship S, so I'm pretty happy with my form considering the opposition. 

Will now focus really hard on the Qualifying aspect. No poles yet. I find the Gr.3 cars much easier to drive than Gr.4 or slower. Current three races, the Gr.3 race is the longest race, just going to have to cope with that as more chance of winning for me than the equal car race 1 or Gr.4 race 2.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a controller player, and recently I found it easy to get podium and win a race on 6 axis turning and L2/R2 Throttle.

Originally, I am playing with Analog turning control and find it hard to mimic the racing line of top 10 player.

But after changing the controller setting, it is a quite improvement on the lap timing.

According to the website, kudosprime, my daily race A timing can rank about 200 of my region, which is enough for me, DR B/ SR B, to get a podium.

Moreover, several youtube channel, such as Mistah_MCA or GT Sport Hot Laps, provide thoroughly analyzation on daily race.

I am sure their guideline can be useful for achieving better timing.

Currently, I can win about 10 races of race A and B per week, so I guess these trophies are no longer unreachable.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, SuperArrowRabbit said:

I am a controller player, and recently I found it easy to get podium and win a race on 6 axis turning and L2/R2 Throttle.

Originally, I am playing with Analog turning control and find it hard to mimic the racing line of top 10 player.

But after changing the controller setting, it is a quite improvement on the lap timing.

According to the website, kudosprime, my daily race A timing can rank about 200 of my region, which is enough for me, DR B/ SR B, to get a podium.

Moreover, several youtube channel, such as Mistah_MCA or GT Sport Hot Laps, provide thoroughly analyzation on daily race.

I am sure their guideline can be useful for achieving better timing.

Currently, I can win about 10 races of race A and B per week, so I guess these trophies are no longer unreachable.

i think everything can work, if you are comfortable with that setup of controler just make practice, learning tracks and optimal racing lines and you'll end up with your platinum.

some weeks ago i saw on YT a race on Rfactor 2 with Jenson Button(2009 F1 world champion) on a sim-rig vs Jacques Villeneuve(1997 F1 world champion) on a small screen laptop using an xbox controller and the faster was Gilles' son:

Edited by Gioz85_ita

• 10 months later...

My idea would be to intentionally slow your internet  connection on th PS4 with the MTU Trick. In GTA Online if you wanted to get a solo lobby or only certain people to join u could lower your MTU  to 800 f.e. (MTU ranges from 0-1500).If your friend uses the same MTU to slow his connection it might work.I cant promise nothing, I could try it with someone I recently started GT Sport.or someone could try it with their buddy.Let me know :)