Ways to boost this game

patrickogorman19

On 4/9/2021 at 5:01 AM, HamiTosh said:

My idea would be to intentionally slow your internet  connection on th PS4 with the MTU Trick. In GTA Online if you wanted to get a solo lobby or only certain people to join u could lower your MTU  to 800 f.e. (MTU ranges from 0-1500).If your friend uses the same MTU to slow his connection it might work.I cant promise nothing, I could try it with someone I recently started GT Sport.or someone could try it with their buddy.Let me know :)

Did you ever end up trying this?

I know about the MTU trick and how it works for some games, but whenever I've tried it with other games, it hasn't worked. It'll either still find randoms, or refuse to connect with anyone (including my alt)

10 hours ago, hore said:

I know about the MTU trick and how it works for some games, but whenever I've tried it with other games, it hasn't worked. It'll either still find randoms, or refuse to connect with anyone (including my alt)

Not really working.

GT Sport matchmaking is totally random and doesn't categorize you at all on connection speed/quality. I find myself many time paired up with one or two signal players, me being the only full signal one, or I'm the only one signal guy, with the full team being on full signal.

The only categorization I know of is by DR, but like any other, this too is not accurate at all, because I always was paired with better racers than myself or on the brighter side, worse than myself.

Being a D racer, I was paired many time with up to A players, and being a B-C player I was paired many times with only D players. It's really random and depends on how many players are currently online as well...

That's the reason I tank my DR to be always a decent D racer, so I get a higher chance to get into lobbies with more inexperienced players, until I get my trophy.

The fastest method to get your DR way low is to qualify in the lead or as up as possible and purposefully finish last or as close as possible to last.

Do whatever it takes, just please don't punt and drive other racers down the track. Don't be a toxic player and ruin other player's race. The kind racer's of course, if a jerk just tries to drive you off, crash him as fast as possible. ?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, hore said:

i got matched with my buddy several times, without needing to change anything in the settings, just need to have similira ratings and u match up,

we traded wins with each other playing wingman and stopping ppl from crashing us. definitely possible to boost this game, look for someone from your region and try urself ;)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It might be possible for people to now boost the online wins if people organize a dedicated group all in the same region with least 5 players that all had 2 PS4/PS5's with 2 copies of the game. The servers now apparently put mix rank drivers (S, A, B, C, D, E) in the same lobby. Have all of the main accounts and alt accounds have the same DR and Sportsmanship rating (or very close to the same), and all enter the daily race 2 or 3 minutes right before the daily race is about to start all at the same time. Rank C or D would probably work best. 

This method will work easiest in the Asia/Oceania region, and for the North/Central/South American region. It will be hardest for the European region because they have the most players out of the 3 regions.

Edited by x7251
  • Like 2

I played a few games on my alt accounts and they got in the same lobby every time. If you can't find a group of 5 in the same region, I still recommend using 2 PS4/PS5's. It will eliminate another player in the lobby, and help increase your chances of getting a pole position and winning.

Edited by x7251
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 5:12 AM, x7251 said:

I played a few games on my alt accounts and they got in the same lobby every time. If you can't find a group of 5 in the same region, I still recommend using 2 PS4/PS5's. It will eliminate another player in the lobby, and help increase your chances of getting a pole position and winning.

how many alts were you using out of interest ? 

31 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

how many alts were you using out of interest ? 

Just 2. I was able to match up every time with my alts based in the USA, and for my Asian alts. If someone were fortunate enough to have 3 PS4/PS5's it would make it even easier. 

2 hours ago, x7251 said:

Just 2. I was able to match up every time with my alts based in the USA, and for my Asian alts. If someone were fortunate enough to have 3 PS4/PS5's it would make it even easier. 

I have 8 ps4 to play with and 3 copies of the game at this point. I’ll try that out. Might have a play around with it as I think indeed to revisit this very soon. 

1 hour ago, JWill_55 said:

I have 8 ps4 to play with and 3 copies of the game at this point. I’ll try that out. Might have a play around with it as I think indeed to revisit this very soon. 

There isn't much time left. I noticed that your PSN region is for Australia. The servers for GT Sport are nearly dead for the Asia/Oceania region. You might not even have to use all of those PS4's. Most of the lobbies I got into when I was playing with my 2 Asia alts only had like 2-4 other people besides myself. I even got an entire lobby with just myself and my alt. Although it was around 3 AM in Japan and 5 AM in Australia when I was playing. Peak hours will have more players.

• Like 1