Any chance the server shutdown could be extended?

8 hours ago, Vergil said:

Technically none of the 3 games had servers up for 10 years. Just saying ?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/188-uncharted-2-among-thieves/2-first-treasure

First achievers 12th september 2009 ... until 3th september 2019 ... ok ... not 10 years .... for 9 days i allow myself to round it :P 

Hope you allow me too ? ^^ ;) 

17 hours ago, GTA_Darren said:

For some reason I have feeling it is possible people can still play MP after the server closure date. Just like Batman: Arkham Origins and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood since it is p2p connection. I guess we will find out after 9/3/2019.

P2P connection doesn't determine a game's online connection being permanent. Other components make up the game server, Uncharted 2 in particular would have an RSA encrypted authentication server, so while your connection to people once you get past the authentication server is peer to peer, nobody will be able to crack that encryption when those servers shut down. I believe that the games you mention were more likely a case of the devs forgetting that they could shut them down, many games that were certainly peer to peer unfortunately do have other things stopping them working without support from the developers. Warhawk was also peer to peer but shut down in January.

Anyway, to the OP of the thread, the game was given a 90 day warning, you only have yourself to blame for not getting onto the games earlier, but I won't knock you while you're down... I think Uncharted 2 is doable in time, the online takes 60 hours approx and there would be no shortage of people wanting to boost it at this point. To the people who mention PS All Stars, Twisted Metal and Warhawk being extended, the reason they got extended is because Kotaku exposed Sony for specifying that on the game box it said that if the servers for Warhawk were to shut down they would give a 90 day warning, without such exposure to that issue they would have likely gone through with their plans to shut the games in October. The reason all three games stayed up in that time is because they were all ran from the same location and likely required all of them to be maintained to keep the online functional.

Edited by Sergen

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

P2P connection doesn't determine a game's online connection being permanent. Other components make up the game server, Uncharted 2 in particular would have an RSA encrypted authentication server, so while your connection to people once you get past the authentication server is peer to peer, nobody will be able to crack that encryption when those servers shut down. I believe that the games you mention were more likely a case of the devs forgetting that they could shut them down, many games that were certainly peer to peer unfortunately do have other things stopping them working without support from the developers. Warhawk was also peer to peer but shut down in January.

Came here to say this. This "P2P" thing is a false myth at this point, many games that were supposed to be P2P were permanently shut down and that's it.

The only game that will always be available after server shutdown is probably Sacred 2 on PS3 and few others.

I am sorry people are like this, OP. You are simply asking a question but there's some just butthurt people out there with raging boners at the thought of telling you "HAHA, LOSER, NOT A CHANCE!!!!godie".

I am also hoping for an extension even if I suspect we might not get the chance. I send ND an e-mail praising them in great detail, because, in life, you have to try. As for the frustrated replies you've been getting on this post, do your best to ignore them. Elitism like that has no place anywhere, and we should help snuff it out. Meanwhile, you do as much as you can and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's reply.  I asked if it was "wishful thinking" because I know it isn't realistic that they are extended and, yes, I did have many years to complete those DLCs so I truly only have myself to blame.  That and my tendency to dislike MP trophies because I am garbage in MP regardless of the game.  Not enough time for me to git gud at it compare to other people. 

I put in some time in to U2 MP when I first played it and have a decent foundation on some of the medal achievements. I wasn't able to start right when they announced the closure in June because my wife and I had a baby shortly before that and my time has been focused in a different spot lately.  Now that we are back at work and in a rhythm, I have some more time to get online and hoping to at least get U2 done and will always look at my trophy list of U3 and wonder what could have been.  At least I've learned my lesson and will be going for those other MP trophies on PS3 games that I need to finish ASAP before other server shutdowns happen.  I'm looking at you GTA IV.

8 hours ago, Vladu24 said:

I am sorry people are like this, OP. You are simply asking a question but there's some just butthurt people out there with raging boners at the thought of telling you "HAHA, LOSER, NOT A CHANCE!!!!godie".

I am also hoping for an extension even if I suspect we might not get the chance. I send ND an e-mail praising them in great detail, because, in life, you have to try. As for the frustrated replies you've been getting on this post, do your best to ignore them. Elitism like that has no place anywhere, and we should help snuff it out. Meanwhile, you do as much as you can and hope for the best.

Come on, don't cry. People can't handle even words today. ¿You want a short answer?: NO. There won't be an extended "grace" time for the servers of these games. You have three options: 1.- Cry about it and get only the stuff you need to access the platinum later. 2.- Hop on the "whacko" wagon and tackle as much stuff as you need (just like in the eating food contests). 3.- Don't do anything about it and let time run his course.

• Like 1

On 14.08.2019 at 1:21 PM, Vladu24 said:

Do you feel alright? OP wanted answers, OP got answers, no one is whining or insulting him, only you are, it's all in your head. Extending the deadline just isn't profitable for ND. And where were you when the announcement was made?

• Like 2

I don't know what's more pathetic, people crying that they won't have time to do the multiplayer, or the people who have finished everything telling others to "get over it".

I knew from the start that I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell to do the multiplayer. It's just a shame that I wasn't around to play the Uncharted multiplayer back in 2009 - 2011. Sounded like a lot of fun to play based on what I've heard from some of you guys.

Do what you can and move on. That's all anybody can do at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, Varhur said:

Do you feel alright? OP wanted answers, OP got answers, no one is whining or insulting him, only you are, it's all in your head. Extending the deadline just isn't profitable for ND. And where were you when the announcement was made?

And to think I was out there helping you with your co-op while you were trashing me on the forums. It's ok, I'd still help you if I could, the world needs some actual quality people to do work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vladu24 said:

And to think I was out there helping you with your co-op while you were trashing me on the forums. It's ok, I'd still help you if I could, the world needs some actual quality people to do work.

And how does that relate to stuff you said? Who's yelling at OP? No one. Who's walking in with the "raging boner"? No one. I don't see the aggression you're talking about or you just take negative answers as death threats.

And no, you didn't help me with co-op, i don't even have you on my friend list.

Edited by Varhur