Enough is Enough

DEI2EK

If game sharing is aganiat their tos why do they allow it? I'm not doing anything that they aren't allowing me to do.also I don't give a rats ass about their tos it conflicts with my idea of property rights kthx

Also wouldn't the people giving me access to their games be the violators? And I don't see how it's any different morally from lending a physical copy of a game to a friend. 

Edited by Deathtotyrants76
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Velvet said:

Pardon the interruption fellow youngins - real quick - might be a good idea to not publicly acknowledge that you are breaking Sony's ToS by doing this. 

That is all.

Please continue the entertainment. 

Thank you for coming to Velvet's TED talk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Can you imagine stackable Rata title on PS5 with at least 4 regions?
PSV+PS4+PS5 - EU/US/AS/JP = 12 plats in ~2h.

I think I read somewhere that Sony will stop accepting new games for PS Vita (digital) some time in 2020, so around the time the PS5 is likely to be released.

I'm not sure if that is something they usually do, because PS3 got the occasional digital release long after its sell by date.

So who knows, you may be right and we would be looking at even more stacks after the PS5 gets here. The question will then be if that will lead to a new movement within this trophy mad community. Maybe a new site wil spring up that will only allow you to be on its leaderboards with 1 stack per game or whatever.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

SO.

Steam achievement hunters first went through this around three years ago. Spam games and such became pretty common. It's harder for PSN folks cause a lot of our scoring is based on 100% and platinums vs. just flat achievement numbers.

My advice? Embrace it or ignore it. But don't get after other people for which they pick. Turning this into an endless bitchfight isn't going to solve anything and, really, you could be using that time to earn higher quality trophies.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Deathtotyrants76 said:

Lol if any thing should be banned it's how every thread on here is let's complain about how other people spend their time and money. Some of you people need to get a life and mind your own fucking business

Well said. Are these threads meant to change something? They haven’t changed anything in the past. 

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

When will something be done about this?

11 golds + a plat for some small indie game every week, plus stacks. 

This seriously devalues the trophy system and the value of a gold trophy to the point where if i see anyone with lots of gold i just roll my eyes

Rata games has destroyed trophy integrity 

The other day I accidentally slammed my cock in a car door. It hurt, but was still less painful than playing a Rat game.

• Like 3

Why don’t people try to see this problem from a different perspective? I also don’t like these lists, but I don’t think platinums get devalued because of this. For me, it’s exactly the opposite.

For example, people now “accidentally” pop these 20 minutes platinums as their 100th platinum. Do you know what my 100th was? Persona 4 Golden! And I am not trying to brag or to say that I am better than anyone else, but I feel even prouder now of my 100th! It took me more than 150 hours and a lot of work and stress to achieve! Nowadays, platinums have become so easy that it feels so good to earn a platinum that truly takes some effort! What do you feel when you earn a platinum that only took you some minutes or even just a couple of hours? Nothing. It’s just fun to see a lot of trophies popping in a short amount of time, but there’s no sense of accomplishment whatsoever.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PsYcHoNxVa said:

I like ratalaika games. It’s the ridiculous stacking that’s lame.

I remember playing Gravity Duck on my iPad.

I enjoyed them as a break between longer games.  A palate cleanser if you will.  That said, I don't like that you no longer have to beat the game for the platinum, just like the first couple levels.  Personally, that feels a little silly, but I won't knock people for doing it.  Likewise, region stacking isn't for me, but if people want to do it, I hope they're having fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I do wonder what Sony think about all these stacks

Apparently it was Sony who told Limited Run Games not to create new lists for their physical releases unless absolutely necessary. so someone over there must've cared at some point

Totally different thing though. Ratalaika get a PS4 and vita list for each region, that’s fine. They are the same game but different CUS codes and technically different games in the backend. More than likely, Limited Run games will share the same CUS code as the digital version, so having multiple lists would mean registering it as a new game even though it’s not a new game in the same region as the digital version. If that makes sense?

For example

A Ratalaika game may have a PS4 with CUSA001 and Vita CUSA002 In EU and CUSA003/CUSA004 in America. 4 games in the backend and therefore, it can have four lists.

Limited Run simply put the digital version on a disk, so it’ll be CUSA005 on both the disc and digital. So, having another list would mean having two games with the same content on the same platform in the same region, but different backend codes. It would also mean any DLC and saves for one ‘version’ would be incompatible with the other as well, so DLC for a disc version wouldn’t work with the digital game. Look at the Witcher 3, GOTY edition came out with a new CUS code, so a new list but saves were incompatible and dlc wouldn’t work (not that it mattered as all the dlc was included in it).

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

I'm not going to comment on the TC as these threads are worse than the games, but in response to DD (which was a great game), those top times are hacked.

If  you look at the fastest achiever, he has all the bosses out of order, and has completed 100 levels and has 100 keys before even purchasing anything from the store. Also has all bosses beaten at the same time.

DD2 is longer than DD, and while they aren't 10 hours, I think you're looking at 5ish anyway.

1 hour ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I think I read somewhere that Sony will stop accepting new games for PS Vita (digital) some time in 2020, so around the time the PS5 is likely to be released.

I'm not sure if that is something they usually do, because PS3 got the occasional digital release long after its sell by date.

So who knows, you may be right and we would be looking at even more stacks after the PS5 gets here. The question will then be if that will lead to a new movement within this trophy mad community. Maybe a new site wil spring up that will only allow you to be on its leaderboards with 1 stack per game or whatever.

Great job Sony. Vita is like their bastard child that they just can't kill off fast enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Image result for adventure atari 2600 meme

Such problems today....

So you support the participation trophies that are being given out for these games? shameful.

As somebody who played games when you actually had to work for the rewards, I think these Rata participation plats are ridiculous. You kids these days think you deserve everything when you haven't earned it.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, people buying Ratalika or other easy games doesn’t affect your trophy list in the slightest.

There are multiple fast Platinum games (30 mins-2 hours) every month now! Check out IBADDRIVERI YouTube channel to see how many get shat out on the store on a monthly basis.

Nobody cares what trophies you have other than yourself.

Rata could literally sell a game about watching paint dry and these suckers would bend over and take it because they get their effortless five minute plats they can stack ten of. If these games only had ten bronze trophies nobody would give it a second look. Why Sony allows this garbage is beyond me. At the very least people should have to at least beat the game and do some extra stuff.

4 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

So you support the participation trophies that are being given out for these games? shameful.

As somebody who played games when you actually had to work for the rewards, I think these Rata participation plats are ridiculous. You kids these days think you deserve everything when you haven't earned it.

Image result for atari 2600 adventure grail

^^^That's the ONLY trophy I got when I was a kid...and I was happy with it...

The trophy-whorism of, NOT the kids but, the 30-somethings still living in mommy and daddy's basement from the past decade+ have created this Participation Trophy era of gaming. The kids are just being brought along for the ride and ONLY know gaming as it is in today's current standards.

Not only do I not support the trophy-stacking, I don't support the ENTIRE trophy systems in toto and feel, along with many other recent infestations of greed via micro-transactions, server closure and day one DLC packages, that it will be the eventual downfall and death of a hobby that I've enjoyed for the 40+ years of the entire lifespan of the industry. I've made this opinion known many times often before to be HEAVILY criticized for my anti-social critical bellowing....

So now you get a meme and a single line of head-shaking text...

Enjoy :)

I notice a lot of people seem to complain how back in the PS3 days you did get some easy Plats but nowhere near the amount we get on the PS4.

The face is trophies got more popular over time and developers (especially indie) are thinking easy Plats= ?

It all started with crappy Steam games literally giving you 1000s of achievements just starting the game.