Enough is Enough

DEI2EK

I have a quick question : don't these super simple stacks actually increase the value of trophies?...i mean, wouldn't it stand to follow that people who play supposed hard a$$, super rare, high quality, and time consuming games appear even more special now?...or am I missing something?....

On 8/17/2019 at 4:08 AM, jackmadrox said:

But I do have a suspicion that this may turn into a cash grabbing scheme. Will there be more and more easy plat games coming out just to prey on trophy hunters? Maybe. And it'll work too. Players will buy games they don't even like, just to get that easy plat.

This is not a hypothetical. It’s already happening. 

9 hours ago, machaesthetic said:

-snip-

I couldn’t agree more. 

I found out for myself how it feels to stack and play meaningless games. Two years ago I said to hell with it because I wasn’t going to get any real serious value out of it. 

The only time I see myself doing region stacks is for something like Demon’s Souls. The game is fun, addicting and satisfying, so what’s wrong with playing it again? 

When 75 percent of your trophies are common and you’re just stacking six times for certain games, I have to wonder if you are playing to enjoy the games or you’re just inflating your trophy count. 

Most of it is crap that less than 1 percent of gamers give a damn about, cheap throwaway shovelware and hastily made indie games that are just there to make a quick buck off of the few people who will bother buying them for the trophies.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 18.08.2019 at 6:43 AM, STARLOVE said:

Even though I have grown impartial to this topic, I have to say: The people who claim that "it's just trophies dude" while buying like 50 stacks of easy plats and spending money on it are probably the biggest losers I have ever come across in any gaming community. The thick irony here is enough to make a grown man cry. 

It's like your tenth post about how you despise people who buy games for easy platinum. I know it's your opinion you are free to have, but evaluating other people lives just because they're buying games like this is just as pathetic as buying them in your conviction.

It's not like they pay $50 for single game. Average ratalaika title on sale costs $5 for two games (Vita and PS4), so it's not a fortune. Moreover, nobody normal would brag about having six stacks of these games, and THIS would be a loser, not somebody who do it for his/her own satisfaction.

Currently I see a trend on PSNProfiles that people who have smaller amount of platinums and have a lower average trophy rarity believe they're winners of life. I'm not surprised several people abandoned this site because of this kind of behavior.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

It's like your tenth post about how you despise people who buy games for easy platinum. I know it's your opinion you are free to have, but evaluating other people lives just because they're buying games like this is just as pathetic as buying them in your conviction.

It's not like they pay $50 for single game. Average ratalaika title on sale costs $5 for two games (Vita and PS4), so it's not a fortune. Moreover, nobody normal would brag about having six stacks of these games, and THIS would be a loser, not somebody who do it for his/her own satisfaction.

Currently I see a trend on PSNProfiles that people who have smaller amount of platinums and have a lower average trophy rarity believe they're winners of life. I'm not surprised several people abandoned this site because of this kind of behavior.

1. I have almost certainly never claimed I despise people for buying easy platinum games, I despise the system in itself. 
2. I don't evaluate people their lives because they are buying these games. I am calling out a subsection of their lives by pointing out the blatant irony on some of these people. This does not encompass their whole lives. 
3. I don't know why you are arguing that these games don't cost that much, has nothing to do with the point I made, not relevant in the slighest. 
4. I called them losers for their ironic stance, e.g buying all these stacks while claiming that it's just trophies after all. 
5. Nice dramatisation of things. But if people do leave a gaming website because some people don't like that they buy garbage games for more virtual points, then I personally won't lose any sleep over it. 

This is why I almost left this website. Because people their inability to read and present an argument that actually reflects the initial one. Just kidding by the way. But please, stop doing that. 

Edited by STARLOVE

What if this is just the first phase, where Ratalaika builds up a healthy catalog of lucrative titles to bolster their revenue? Wouldn't that put the developer in a position to offer better, larger scale games with full trophy lists?

/optimistic speculation

l6tlgKr.gif

4 hours ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

Ratalaika - "Helping trophy/achievement hunters to create and maintain shit gaming profiles since 2013."

Not all their games are garbage though. For someone like me that grew up with the zx spectrum, C64 and NES, some of the games they make are pure nostalgia. People see the retro graphics and immediately think crap.

Now games like slyde and I am Mayo have totally devalued the system.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2019 at 2:37 AM, damon8r351 said:

LOL, So I was thinking. Statistically at least one of you said that these types of games are making trophies meaningless. I don't even need to look to know, it's as sure a bet as saying at least one of you are completely unable to sleep without a fan blowing somewhere in your bedroom. And don't deny it, at least one of you can't sleep without a fan blowing somewhere. Yes you do. YES YOU DO. 

No, seriously. Which one of you is it who can't sleep without a fan blowing in their room? Fess up.

Me ?

On 8/24/2019 at 9:20 AM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

That's $15 for six stacks. Buying it once doesn't cover the other two regions. I had to pay for Sound Shapes FOUR times because in addition to the regular NA/EU PS3/Vita/PS4 stacks, you have to pay the corresponding NA/EU, AS and JP stacks. That's four times. That was when I decided it wasn't worth paying multiple times for one game especially if all I had to do was autopop the trophies.

Games like Demon's Souls, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor I don't mind at all if people stack them. They're good games worth playing for any gamer and they reward you for the time you spend on them. Especially if you played them years ago and decided to play them again because you loved them so much.

The issue that brought this whole whining, moaning and complaining in the first place is the fact that you practically have to do very little to get the platinums in the games Ratalaika Games published. Something can be as easy as My Name is Mayo and still require you to beat the game. I have no problem with that. But honestly from what I've gotten from others, you have to do only 10 - 20 percent of the Ratalaika Games at most. All that content that comes later that has no trophies attached to it is completely skipped by trophy hunters. Now you get the mentality that someone is wasting their time if something they're doing isn't going to net them a trophy. That's my issue with all of this.

But I mean... yeah. Do I not have the option to evaluate other peoples lives if they're spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on microtransactions in Free to Play mobile games every year? I've seen this first hand. It's like gambling, you have to know your limits and when to stop. For trophy addicts, they probably haven't played a game for fun in a very long time. A game for me has to have a lot more than just hearing the sweet ding of a trophy popping.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

But honestly from what I've gotten from others, you have to do only 10 - 20 percent of the Ratalaika Games at most. All that content that comes later that has no trophies attached to it is completely skipped by trophy hunters. Now you get the mentality that someone is wasting their time if something they're doing isn't going to net them a trophy. That's my issue with all of this.

The ones that I've played, you'll get like 90% of the trophies during the first level. Then the final 2 will be to beat the first and second bosses. All of course can be done on easy and normally with some buff like being able to fly across a level.

I don't think the problem is the games. Some of them are great for us that love retro games. The problem is that you don't have to even finish them and they're ridiculously easy.

I always complete them and play on hardest difficulty as I try make games last me as long as possible

1 minute ago, RedDevil757 said:

The ones that I've played, you'll get like 90% of the trophies during the first level. Then the final 2 will be to beat the first and second bosses. All of course can be done on easy and normally with some buff like being able to fly across a level.

I don't think the problem is the games. Some of them are great for us that love retro games. The problem is that you don't have to even finish them and they're ridiculously easy.

I always complete them and play on hardest difficulty as I try make games last me as long as possible

That's the issue really. I love the classics and I love some retros as much as anybody else, but this just kind of goes to show that there is no standard.

There was a standard back in 2008 - 2013, but now any game can pretty much get a platinum or just be stuck as a 100 percent game, regardless of how long or short it is.

A shame because some of these retro styled games that take from the 1980s and 1990s could use a pretty decent trophy list.

On 13/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, DEI2EK said:

When will something be done about this?

11 golds + a plat for some small indie game every week, plus stacks. 

This seriously devalues the trophy system and the value of a gold trophy to the point where if i see anyone with lots of gold i just roll my eyes

Rata games has destroyed trophy integrity 

.......... Sooo? Ignoring what's going on it's too hard?

Pressure over the brain increases too much and there's risk of explosion?

Since they release easy platinums you are forced to play them in order to rank up on the leaderboard or at least the one of your Country?

YOUhave to play only the games that make you feel proud of achieving their trophies which are more valuable than for example the trophies of Super Weekend Mode, Slyde or Tower Of Dragonasia for its Debug Mode (60 trophies in less than 5 minutes)

The PlayStation trophy system has been devaluated because of these games yes, but you have to think about yourself and the trophies you prefer to achieve instead those from easy Indie Games.

And, beside this, put these songs in your head and you'll realise why they do it:

Spoiler

If I would be in the PlayStation business, for PS5 I would introduce the Diamonds trophies or something like that lin every game on PS5

The Diamond trophy becomes the new platinum, and to unlock it and reaching 100% you have to earn all the other ones (including 2-3 platinums, and once you have done it, *ding*, Diamond trophy lol

We already know it's an addicition, like people on Facebook that want to reach at least 100 likes to their photos or posts, including even the business of buying likes from unknown accounts in websites who do this.

It's all about the money.

If you could do it too, you would be the first person in the world to release easy platinum games, you're not committing anything against the Law

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm