Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

You can add Splinter Cell: Blacklist to that list as well, daily and weekly challenges are gone, but the online coop should still work.

It's a damn shame that this is happening. I've started MK9, which still works really well, but then the sequel is busted. I'm done with MKX, but it's still sad for everyone else that still didn't. Hopefully it comes back soon, so people can finish that. I'm waiting for PVZ GW2 to be avaiable to be completed as well. Any month now...

I also completed MKX around 2 years ago and invasions were very common, It's sad how quick they stopped supporting it...

I consider starting MK9 but I just want online trophies atm because I want to finish other games first, but I fear that servers will get shutdown or buggy by the time that I get to play it.

Do you maybe know if there are any items or characters that you can only unlock in online and would be unobtainable if servers shutdown. will I be ok if just do the online trophies or you need to be online to get other trophies like "My kung fu is stronger" ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timpurnat said:

I also completed MKX around 2 years ago and invasions were very common, It's sad how quick they stopped supporting it...

I consider starting MK9 but I just want online trophies atm because I want to finish other games first, but I fear that servers will get shutdown or buggy by the time that I get to play it.

Do you maybe know if there are any items or characters that you can only unlock in online and would be unobtainable if servers shutdown. will I be ok if just do the online trophies or you need to be online to get other trophies like "My kung fu is stronger" ?

The "My Kung Fu is Stronger" trophy does not require any online components, and can be done offline with 2 controllers. It is a shame since I wanted to get into MKX within the next month or so. I guess I will have to wait a bit longer until it gets fixed.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, timpurnat said:

MK9 doesn't have any special features unlocked through online. I believe that MKX has some titles and whatnot that you can unlock by performing certain conditions online, like winning 100 matches and whatnot. MK9 has none of those. The guide in this site made by Sergen outlines all the information you need to complete the game. It's very throughout downright giving the needed information or linking it elsewhere when necessary, I do recommend using it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

MK9 doesn't have any special features unlocked through online. I believe that MKX has some titles and whatnot that you can unlock by performing certain conditions online, like winning 100 matches and whatnot. MK9 has none of those. The guide in this site made by Sergen outlines all the information you need to complete the game. It's very throughout downright giving the needed information or linking it elsewhere when necessary, I do recommend using it.

2 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

The "My Kung Fu is Stronger" trophy does not require any online components, and can be done offline with 2 controllers. 

Thanks for the info?, I will start boosting online with two consoles in a few days. Just wanted to be sure that I can take time with other grindy trophies.

• Like 4

I do hope this gets fixed... The game to end my old account was both Resident Evil 5 online and GTA 5. Don't want to have to start another account due to unobtainable trophies again. I am never doing online games past a certain point. I even researched this games trophy list and was like.... Yeah I can do that unaware that Invasions were tied to the server. Epic fail on my part. Now I am stuck at 91 percent. I am going to send a ticket in as well. Glad that there is an outcry of other trophy hunters.

• Like 2

Shame to hear this. I don’t think I could have ever unlocked the ‘Die will you’ trophy but I understand how those who could have must feel. It does seem very weird for them to not give any heads up before axing this feature.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

the reply:

Thank you for contacting WB Games Support.

I appreciate your interest in the Invasion Events for Mortal Kombat X. We deeply apologize you are currently experiencing this issue, as well as for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. I will be happy to provide more information. 

I’m sorry but we here at Customer Service are not given prior information to upcoming events. We sincerely apologize. Make sure to keep an eye in-game and in the forums by Clicking Here for information from the game team as it becomes available.

We will be happy to submit your feedback to the Game Team to ensure the feature is working as intended, or consider running additional Invasion events in the future. 

If there is anything I can do to further assist you, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

• Like 4

I kinda remember they arent really 'weekly' but more something like 9 or 10 days inbetween, nonetheless if none have showed up since july 24th thats indeed odd

I even think u'll need more than 1 invasion boss, getting 1000 hits is really timeconsuming, some characters are nearly impossible to even hit them once

30 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

I kinda remember they arent really 'weekly' but more something like 9 or 10 days inbetween, nonetheless if none have showed up since july 24th thats indeed odd

I even think u'll need more than 1 invasion boss, getting 1000 hits is really timeconsuming, some characters are nearly impossible to even hit them once

Is it possible to play the same boss 2 or more times when Invasion is online? So you basaically have 24 hours to get all Invasion trophies?  

4 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

One Invasion Boss is easily enough, especially if it's one like Goro.

If combos & playing keep away aren't you strong point & they haven't changed invasion since I got the plat 4 years ago, just spam Jacquie's full auto. Several uses breaks their super armour & counts as 6 hits when it does. If your lucky enough to have it be Goro, you can actually corner trap him if you time your inputs right & just run down the timer while stun hitting him.

I did a mixture of Jacquie spam to speed it up & normal play as Johnny Cage when I wanted to rack up some hits properly.

3 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Is it possible to play the same boss 2 or more times when Invasion is online? So you basaically have 24 hours to get all Invasion trophies?  

Yeah. It's a super boss so it's an unwinnable fight. You either run the fight timer down or run out of health. Once that happens you go back to the invasion menu & can just go straight back in again. 

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Typo

@ObsceneSociopath well i only had Scorpion, Shinnok, Lui Kang & Quan Chi as bosses when i played it, & only Shinnok was really doable, Quan & Scorpion were just impossible to deal with, i used the Raiden thing to do it

Though im not a decent player in fighter games, so its possible i just had a harder time than most

So we're having the exact same situation of Splinter Cell Blacklist the daily challenge trophy, guys are sending tickets and nothing is getting fixed, i really hope this trophy gets fixed because i already missed on MK vs DC and i don't wanna miss this too !!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Squaallx said:

They are a big company boys, i'm sure it will be fixed. 

I survived The walking dead final season, Dirt 4, MXGP, Rainbow six siege and now MK XL.

God help us all lolllllllll.

Your comment gave me some hope, i hope you turn out right in the end ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AncientRequiem said:

I will give it another month then I may have to reboot my account if no luck.

Man you got such a nice account and your are closing on your100th ultra r.Such a shame losing so much progress.

I already started mine and am playing drive club and dark souls 2ps3.

Edited by Minebwi
Gg

Yeah. I will lose progress but in the end I am just going to boycott online trophy driven games because the companies who make them have awful consumer practices towards them. Making them locked behind real time actions or time sensitive is a big issue with me. The other thing I despise is when it requires more than two people to get certain trophies. I will just focus on all JRPG's and single player adventures. Having to rely on an outside force to obtain a trophy is frustating. C'est la vie...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AncientRequiem said:

Yeah. I will lose progress but in the end I am just going to boycott online trophy driven games because the companies who make them have awful consumer practices towards them. Making them locked behind real time actions or time sensitive is a big issue with me. The other thing I despise is when it requires more than two people to get certain trophies. I will just focus on all JRPG's and single player adventures. Having to rely on an outside force to obtain a trophy is frustating. C'est la vie...

Yeah and this shit will never end, we had the MKX situation and trust me we'll have it again on any other game that has time sensitive online trophy.