Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

does it count every time the boss character is highlighted when i hit him? even if it's yellow and i don't survive for 30 secs?

i can barely hit him twice and then die before 30 sec is gone

Edited by sirozha_

10 minutes ago, sirozha_ said:

does it count every time the boss character is highlighted? even if it's yellow and i don't survive for 30 secs?

i can barely hit him twice and then die before 30 sec is gone

No, when the boss is "yellow" hits do not count because you are not dealing damage and you do not see "x hit" message.

Edited by Smashero

Would someone be kind enough to post their video strategy with Raiden vs. Leatherface? I'm doing okay but I feel like progress wise, I'm gonna be really slow. There are times when he just spams you to death. 

Trophy aside, who on earth would play an invasion boss for fun? 

3 minutes ago, Flynnerigan said:

Would someone be kind enough to post their video strategy with Raiden vs. Leatherface? I'm doing okay but I feel like progress wise, I'm gonna be really slow. There are times when he just spams you to death. 

Trophy aside, who on earth would play an invasion boss for fun? 

Use XX Triangle from a distance. Be sure to hold triangle he'll teleport afterwards and give extra hits to get rid of the armor. When he finally gets knocked down that counts as a hit and try to keep the combo going. I start the XX before he wakes up and try to get him to take the triangle on block and it can mix him up and you can get more hits that way if he gets hit with the mixup.

6 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

Use XX Triangle from a distance. Be sure to hold triangle he'll teleport afterwards and give extra hits to get rid of the armor. When he finally gets knocked down that counts as a hit and try to keep the combo going. I start the XX before he wakes up and try to get him to take the triangle on block and it can mix him up and you can get more hits that way if he gets hit with the mixup.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try 

1 hour ago, nooitzben said:

Bro I can get get a distance between me and him, I cant even knock him down lol, literally after his first hit I just get fucked.

Just now, Jcsshh said:

Bro I can get get a distance between me and him, I cant even knock him down lol, literally after his first hit I just get fucked.

Try to start the combo at the beginning of match. Beware he may jump...the computer can seem to read buttons too. I try to anti air the computer but it's very difficult to do so. It's possible to get the combo at the start and mix him up by luck.

11 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

Try to start the combo at the beginning of match. Beware he may jump...the computer can seem to read buttons too. I try to anti air the computer but it's very difficult to do so. It's possible to get the combo at the start and mix him up by luck.

Ok, so im hitting the combo at the start, is that actually counting towards the hits for the trophy? 

2 minutes ago, Jcsshh said:

Ok, so im hitting the combo at the start, is that actually counting towards the hits for the trophy? 

If you hit him when he has his armor on which is yellow. No it does not count as far as I know. It will say if you actually hit him or not at the end of the match. You will know if he is hit when he is knocked down.

Edited by nooitzben

10 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

If you hit him when he has his armor on which is yellow. No it does not count as far as I know. It will say if you actually hit him or not at the end of the match. You will know if he is hit when he is knocked down.

It just says damage dealt and i believe that is coming from breaking his armor

Its soooo frustrating, some fights getting no hits, some only 2-3, rarely but sometimes getting 10+ in, but itll come

I got mine last time around in January and felt like it wasnt gonna happen but after 2.5 hours i got it

Stick at it those who are struggling, its totally normal

7 minutes ago, SuperXander000 said:

This is weird, it says I have cause 1,014 boss damage and trophy didn't pop? in online kombantent history

I guess it is the amount of total damage, and that includes damage to his armor. For the trophy, you have to cause 1.000 hits after breaking his armor.

Sorry for the bad english! Dont know if I'm making myself clear.

(I JUST GOT THE TROPHY!!!!)

• Like 1