Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

3 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Great because im on job right now and im worried about the trophy of 1000 punches to the boss but yeah i have 9 hours to do it in my case, thanks

If you spam with Raiden the boss, it should be done between 1,5 to 3 hours. I hope you get the trophy. Good luck

• Like 2

I recommend using Jacqui Briggs, Full Auto variation, and her Hand Cannon special move (down, foward, triangle). It's the best way to break the invasion boss' armor and deal some hits to him. When you have your metter full, if you get hit, as soon as you fall to the ground use your X-Ray move. If it connects, you're granted 15 hits more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcioAP1 said:

I recommend using Jacqui Briggs, Full Auto variation, and her Hand Cannon special move (down, foward, triangle). It's the best way to break the invasion boss' armor and deal some hits to him. When you have your metter full, if you get hit, as soon as you fall to the ground use your X-Ray move. If it connects, you're granted 15 hits more.

Yeah erron black with sword it's annoying he gets too much closer, to you but jacqui it's the best for this i have like 100 hits done

• Like 1

A bit off-topic but just to let people know if you haven't unlocked the "Keep it Secret" Trophy then you can get it now in Living Towers mode. The Premium Tower "Mortal Kombat ll" is live. Make it to the 8th opponent and finish him with a Brutality or Fatality and you will unlock the secret fight and trophy. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys!
I hope everyone's doing fine.

Just a quick question: since I heard that Mortal Kombat X is going to be one of the October PS+ titles, I was just wondering if it's still possible to reach the platinum and complete it 100% - that is, if the servers still work and if the DLC is stil available (oops, I almost forgot... what about its current and lowest price so far?).
In addition to that, is there any glitched/bugged trophy we should know about before we even consider starting the game?

Thanks in advance and... take care! ^_^

2 hours ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Hello, guys!
I hope everyone's doing fine.

Just a quick question: since I heard that Mortal Kombat X is going to be one of the October PS+ titles, I was just wondering if it's still possible to reach the platinum and complete it 100% - that is, if the servers still work and if the DLC is stil available (oops, I almost forgot... what about its current and lowest price so far?).
In addition to that, is there any glitched/bugged trophy we should know about before we even consider starting the game?

Thanks in advance and... take care! ^_^

Hi, the platinum it's still possible but you need to boost the online trophies to make it faster or you are going to spend many time in this game, the 100% yeah it's still possible, the dlc trophies are easy except for one that you need to buy bo rai cho , every character dlc it's at 5 dollars, the xl full its at 19 dollars.

The worst headache it's the "challenge accepted" trophy, prepare for that trophy because it's one of the most buggy trophies i have ever seen and you need patience, play with all characters in all variations by order, start with online trophies and the invasions are the worst of all, you have 4 trophies for this game mode, basically each week you will get a notification that a boss it's online and you need to deal 1000 damage, it's very hard to do it because he has shield and you have just 8 hours, if you don't get the trophy the invasion can take even months to appear again , this thread help me a lot 

, people will tell you if the boss it's available, have much patience for this 

• Like 2

On 30/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Hi, the platinum it's still possible but you need to boost the online trophies to make it faster or you are going to spend many time in this game, the 100% yeah it's still possible, the dlc trophies are easy except for one that you need to buy bo rai cho , every character dlc it's at 5 dollars, the xl full its at 19 dollars.

The worst headache it's the "challenge accepted" trophy, prepare for that trophy because it's one of the most buggy trophies i have ever seen and you need patience, play with all characters in all variations by order, start with online trophies and the invasions are the worst of all, you have 4 trophies for this game mode, basically each week you will get a notification that a boss it's online and you need to deal 1000 damage, it's very hard to do it because he has shield and you have just 8 hours, if you don't get the trophy the invasion can take even months to appear again , this thread help me a lot 

, people will tell you if the boss it's available, have much patience for this 

That's just great! Thanks a lot for the motivating answer, buddy! ?

1 hour ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Thanks for the info! ;) Just a question (since I'll still be at work for 7 good hours): how many hours left have we got before this Invasion Boss disappears?

Just short of 17 hours. It's a tough one though, he just juggles you for most of the fight. I'm having some success using Liu Kang myself against him and trying for the dragon parry. But I have no idea if I'm close or not, I think I have the 250 hits because you get a background calling card for that, but there is no tracker after that point.

I know after the fight if it says I was "annihilated", it presume it means I haven't got a hit, if it says I "dealt a blow", I at least got one hit lol.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, groomyboy said:

Just short of 17 hours. It's a tough one though, he just juggles you for most of the fight. I'm having some success using Liu Kang myself against him and trying for the dragon parry. But I have no idea if I'm close or not, I think I have the 250 hits because you get a background calling card for that, but there is no tracker after that point.

I know after the fight if it says I was "annihilated", it presume it means I haven't got a hit, if it says I "dealt a blow", I at least got one hit lol.

Thanks a lot for answering! ^_^

• Like 1

I've popped this trophy earlier. I've tried both Raiden and Liu Kang methods, but they both were very unconsisted and I've too often end with 0 hits. What did work for me was Full Auto Jaqui Briggs' Hand Cannon spam. At beginning of each round I've jumped backward (once or twice, to be sure that he won't jump behind me) and proceed to spam Cannon. Usually his shield broke after few shots, while he got close to me to whoop my butt. From time to time I was capable to use X-Ray for few extra hits. Each non-botched fight gave me about 30-40 hits, and extra-lucky ones gave about 60.

49 minutes ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Thanks a lot for answering! ^_^

No probs, just got it to pop for me :D 

Just to give you or anyone else in this thread a rough guide, I had 33,300 invasion boss damage caused (Online Kombat History --> Invasion), this will obviously change depending on your success rate, but it gives you a benchmark to see if you were close.

You get a background calling card called "Cold Funeral" for 250 hits, so use that to know when you are a quarter of the way through. I personally recommend using Liu Kang, try for the dragon parry from the start and get close to an X-ray, however if you miss that, try to low kick for 5/6 hits to break the shield and then use L1 grab to get 8 hits. There are probably quicker ways like Raiden or Jacqui but I just couldn't get the timing down, Liu Kang method is much simpler to pull off whilst you grind it out and have a podcast or music on in the background. 

15 hours left to do it at the time of writing, make sure to give yourself enough time to do the Invasion tower (easy but has 8 opponents), and the Invasion 1v1 fight (I had to play singles fight about 7 times before it first came up). Good luck, and glad this stupid trophy is out of the way, what were they thinking with this one lol.

And sorry normal Liu Kang your kombat record now stands at 5 wins/378 losses lmao.

3 minutes ago, Bezelius said:

I've popped this trophy earlier. I've tried both Raiden and Liu Kang methods, but they both were very unconsisted and I've too often end with 0 hits. What did work for me was Full Auto Jaqui Briggs' Hand Cannon spam. At beginning of each round I've jumped backward (once or twice, to be sure that he won't jump behind me) and proceed to spam Cannon. Usually his shield broke after few shots, while he got close to me to whoop my butt. From time to time I was capable to use X-Ray for few extra hits. Each non-botched fight gave me about 30-40 hits, and extra-lucky ones gave about 60.

Nice, not sure what was happening with the Jacqui one for me, it just would never break the shield and never got close enough to getting an X-ray whilst still alive lol. Luckily I had time to do the Liu Kang approach instead!

• Like 1