Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

For those who have never fought the Liu Kang Invasion Boss, fair warning, this might be the worst one of the roster besides Mileena or Jax. Juggles are insane on this one, if they don't kill you they at least eat up your time. Feel like I'm wasting time just trying to get hits on this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

For those who have never fought the Liu Kang Invasion Boss, fair warning, this might be the worst one of the roster besides Mileena or Jax. Juggles are insane on this one, if they don't kill you they at least eat up your time. Feel like I'm wasting time just trying to get hits on this one.

Thanks for writing that.

Yeah, I noticed: I was able to only reach 250 of damage - that is, a quarter of the trophy, unfortunately.

Hence, I hope the damage is cumulative and carried to the next (weekly?) Invasion Boss. :(

However, looking at the bright side, I was able to earn 2 trophies: one for playing an Invasion match and one for completing one Invasion tower.

Perhaps next time I'll have earned all the remaining ones.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:32 AM, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Thanks for writing that.

Yeah, I noticed: I was able to only reach 250 of damage - that is, a quarter of the trophy, unfortunately.

Hence, I hope the damage is cumulative and carried to the next (weekly?) Invasion Boss. :(

However, looking at the bright side, I was able to earn 2 trophies: one for playing an Invasion match and one for completing one Invasion tower.

Perhaps next time I'll have earned all the remaining ones.

Yes, it's DEFINITELY accumulated hits. If anybody was ever able to get all 1000 hits on a single boss, that's news to me, congrats to them haha, never had that much free time.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Yes, it's DEFINITELY accumulated hits. If anybody was ever able to get all 1000 hits on a single boss, that's news to me, congrats to them haha, never had that much free time.

I don't think it's that hard.
I saw some comments on this thread from people who made it in less than an hour.
I took 1h40m, and I'm not even good at fighting games.

I hope the invasion comes back soon for those who are not over yet.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, giinha said:

I don't think it's that hard.
I saw some comments on this thread from people who made it in less than an hour.
I took 1h40m, and I'm not even good at fighting games.

I hope the invasion comes back soon for those who are not over yet.

My issue, personally, is that they're always on a weekday, and I can only ever get in at the last hour or so.

• Like 1

Anyone having problem with Bo'Rai invasion boss try to use Liu Kang

- try to spam Down Left X (for his parry that guarantees 2 hits if it connects)

- of course use your XRAY L2+R2 whenever you can for additional 15 hits,

- more often than not after XRAY move step forward and do another Down Left X for another 2 hits

I couldn't for the love of god make it with Raiden method but Liu Kang worked perfectly and did it in less than 2 hours.

• Like 2

I started the trophy today and it took me between 1,5 and 2 hours with restarting and doing constantly the Raiden method which is described in the trophy guide.

Todays boss invasions opponent is Leatherface. I recommend fighting only fighting against him when he uses the Pretty Lady moveset. It was easier than the Butcher moveset. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I started the trophy today and it took me between 1,5 and 2 hours with restarting and doing constantly the Raiden method which is described in the trophy guide.

Todays boss invasions opponent is Leatherface. I recommend fighting only fighting against him when he uses the Pretty Lady moveset. It was easier than the Butcher moveset. 

Is it possible if you could upload a video of how you're managing Leatherface? I can't seem to get that combo off, he just smacks me silly and closes the gap so fast. This is with Pretty Lady and not with Butcher, either. I thought Bo Rai Cho was horrible, Leatherface is even worse!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mophie13 said:

Is it possible if you could upload a video of how you're managing Leatherface? I can't seem to get that combo off, he just smacks me silly and closes the gap so fast. This is with Pretty Lady and not with Butcher, either. I thought Bo Rai Cho was horrible, Leatherface is even worse!

This run is not bad and not good. Like I said it's important to break his armor. Sometimes I get it after one combo. Or I have to do it a second time.

Sometimes the KI is really bad and I can spam the square square triangle triangle combo and got a lot of hits and Sometimes he is just juggling me. It's really luck dependent.

I also try to use my X-ray when it's full this gives you a 12 hit combo I believe.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

Most retarded mode ever! What's the point of putting him a shield if it's already on 30sec, super ultimate difficulty and he can block everything? Tired of wasting battles just so he can block the X-Ray in the end....and with no tracking of number of hits, yes, real good!!....

let's not talk about the cornering where you can say goodbye to the entire fight...

Edited by Rejim
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Most retarded mode ever! What's the point of putting him a shield if it's already on 30sec, super ultimate difficulty and he can block everything? Tired of wasting battles just so he can block the X-Ray in the end....and with no tracking of number of hits, yes, real good!!....

let's not talk about the cornering where you can say goodbye to the entire fight...

Stop complaining about can't land any hit especially against leatherface just use jacqui briggs full auto since its easy too use and mostly got every hit using that. i was pretty bad using raiden and probably you too.

Edited by GrantVernonHart
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GrantVernonHart said:

Stop complaining about can't land any hit

Oh ok then, how didn't I think of that? It now works...sorry for sharing my opinion on something, that turns out is badly designed.

I'm doing just fine (well average I guess, I'm no MK expert) with Raiden. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Oh ok then, how didn't I think of that? It now works...sorry for sharing my opinion on something, that turns out is badly designed.

I'm doing just fine (well average I guess, I'm no MK expert) with Raiden. 

Yeah same here but to me the games pretty easy no need to be good at all just a bit grinding, also injustice 2 easy too but grinding is very take times compare to this especially cat call trophy. No need to apologize man i just give some tips here ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...