Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

well the invasion mode is done in about 3 hours, and its subzero. I wish there was a hit counter to know how much more punishment to take. currently says im at 240 boss fights and no clue to how many hits. i know at least 40 to 50 have no hits, and some only 1 or 2. my best was about 20 in one run. Id imagine im close, but i hate subzero. Lets just say that yeah invasion mode is fun, and incredibly annoying. only that, win 4 tower battles and 1000 respect points for koth and a platinum.

Edited by ult1m8pwnag3

I only need the 1vs1 win on invasion so I've been playing hourly living towers this afternoon. After a few towers the invasion fight happened but since the last time I played was 2 years ago I wasn't ready for it and I lost the fight (meteors from the modifier fell on me and killed me). And the hard part is it's only 1 round and if you fail you can't retry, the fight is gone and you have to play towers until it happens again. So I kept playing living towers for hours hoping to get another chance at this trophy but it never showed up again.

My question : do we have 1 single chance at this during an invasion, meaning if we fail we have to wait for another invasion event another day? Or I was just unlucky and another fight can happen if I play living towers long enough during the same invasion event?

And also how long between 2 invasions? One day, one week? I don't know when I can try again.

@ult1m8pwnag3 You can check your faction card Background for these, after 250 it's a guessing game though.

50 hits   - Skull Rock
100 hits - Hit the Floor

250 hits - Cold Funeral

@Devil-Danna Yes, more fights can happen. You have more chances. I had better luck with Daily living tower. I had two events and beat them both. I hear Single Fight can also trigger the event, but I've only seen it in the Daily tower.

These Invasion events are supposedly random every few days (some say once a week, for the Faction Wars). Personally gave up on Sub Zero, he burnt me out. I'm risking it and waiting for the next one.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD
  • Like 3

@Sky_RykerXD Ive checked my cards and have at least 250 hits, it may be closer to 300 or more. But fighting subzero for nearly 2 hours was more than enough time for me. ill wait for the next invasion and hopefully get it.

@Devil-Danna I got the 1v1 trophy in single fight mode, set rounds to 1 and ai to very easy to get it. took me about 4 matches before it showed up

24 minutes ago, PMDStrandbeest said:

Can anyone who contacted WB confirm it will be back to its normal schedule? What kind of sick monster brings an online service back on only for one day!?

Posting to hear a reply to this as well...I've had this game on disc for years but haven't started it at all. 

Does anyone have any tips on beating Kitana? I get this mode is supposed to be near impossible and I'm not even good at this game but I'm struggling to even hit her once even with the yellow bar up.

Edit: never mind, I just misunderstood the trophy guide, the yellow bar at the top isn't supposed to "break"

Edited by Empovyle

5 minutes ago, jpkrawiec said:

I am using Raiden, the combo square, square, triangle, triangle.... around 20-40 hits per round. Still doing it for half and hour but trophy still not pop.

Anyone knows how much time it could take?

If you are consistent with your attacks and can hit the boss, it takes around 1 and a half hours. At least that's how much it took me last week vs sub-zero.

5 minutes ago, jpkrawiec said:

I am using Raiden, the combo square, square, triangle, triangle.... around 20-40 hits per round. Still doing it for half and hour but trophy still not pop.

Anyone knows how much time it could take?

I used Raiden as well and If I remember right (been about 4 years since I did it) I think it took me about 2 hours using that same combo

1 hour ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Question: can I pop in the disc and work on/complete these trophies today having not played the game before or is there a pre requisite to unlocking or succeeding at Invasion mode? 

Yes, all you have to do is pick a faction and you can jump straight into the invasion boss mode.

• Like 2