Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

Damn.. I know it gets said all the time but screw online trophies man...  I remember the first time this happened to me when this thread was created., I was in the middle of getting the platinum. Trophies timed to events like this are the worst. Hit em up, they should be able to bring it back again, they did it last time.  I feel for you guys and wish the best of luck bringing the mode back. :( 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

15 people in one message isn't going to change anything.

It's not about one message from 15 people (like a petition)...

It's about the-more-the-merrier people spamming every day their social media with the same message...

BTW, anyone willing to create this universal message?

39 minutes ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

It's not about one message from 15 people (like a petition)...

It's about the-more-the-merrier people spamming every day their social media with the same message...

BTW, anyone willing to create this universal message?

15 (or however many) people spamming the exact same message is going to look like one person creating multiple accounts to try to make it look like more people have the issue than there actually is. Not saying either way will be effective (15 people is an extrememly low number) but if anything, 15 unique messages would be more effective than the same one 15 times. There's no need for a list of names to do that.

The intention may be good, but making a kind of "petition" to send to support will not help much. The WB support chat is not being useful.

As mentioned earlier, to have a better chance of being heard, it is on Twitter by Ed Boon, WB Games and NetherRealm. As I recall, this is how they managed to get attention last time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LucasDragon570 said:

It is the same, as it is a PS4 game for backwards compatibility.

Yeah, that's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Another thing...I have recently come across a theory that perhaps an invasion is supposed to be triggered by players...that it happens when a current champion faction wins again...

Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, quickfoozlle said:

How long do you need for the 1000 hits?

The guide says 1.5 - 3 hours. Problem is the guy has super armor and those hits don’t count. To make matters worse, he is a combo fiend and you’d be lucky if you can even hit his super armor once.

Im pretty sure in the 45 minutes of effort I put in last night, I hit him roughly 6 times.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

The guide says 1.5 - 3 hours. Problem is the guy has super armor and those hits don’t count. To make matters worse, he is a combo fiend and you’d be lucky if you can even hit his super armor once.

Im pretty sure in the 45 minutes of effort I put in last night, I hit him roughly 6 times.

Fuck NetherRealm for that shit. We wanted invasions to be back and this is how they repay us.

Someone should beat the shit outta Ed Boon and shave his stupid caterpillar looking eyebrows off.

So after about 2 hours or so, I'm at 320 damage for the invasion boss.

Here's what I did:

1) select Jason and Unstoppable

2) It will tell you the amount of damage you did in the fight at the end of the fight

3) Go to Faction Leaderboards and look for your ID

4) Scroll over to Invasion when you're profile comes up and it will tell you the amount of damage you did.

I've done 80 fights with 320 damage dealt -- which averages out to 4 damage per fight. At that rate, I will need ~170 fights to have 1,000 damage dealt. Each fight takes about 30 seconds to last. So it will be about 1 hour before I'm done.

My complaint has less to do with the nature of the invasion boss, just more to do with having the boss not allowing any attacks in the fight. I'm not expecting to win, just deal enough damage where it won't take longer to get to 1000 damage.  I have had fights where 0 damage was dealt.

EDIT: I just realized the trophy is for 1,000 total hits. So other than counting the hits per fight, there's not an easier way and it may take longer than 3 hours as the guide indicates. JFC why can't they make this sh*t easier?

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1