Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

52 minutes ago, kissoon32 said:

For someone who hasn't started the game yet, can I go straight in the Invasion boss fight or do I have to at least complete story mode or something similar? 

Yes you can.You don't have to play anything else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Do I have to break the armour for the hits to count? Shinnock is a really hard one and I can do 36 damage max

No, I just got the trophy and the in-game counter said I only had 647 hits, which are non armor hits if I could imagine. As long as you hit him for either his armor or his actual health it will count.

Also, unrelated to this reply but I really have to thank the person who did the petition, as I think it might have actually worked for the time being unless it's a coincidence. 

• Like 1

Could you give me any tips? I’m really struggling doing this because shinnock is just really hard

9 minutes ago, andy_roo_81 said:

No, I just got the trophy and the in-game counter said I only had 647 hits, which are non armor hits if I could imagine. As long as you hit him for either his armor or his actual health it will count.

How do you check the counter?

21 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

Could you give me any tips? I’m really struggling doing this because shinnock is just really hard

How do you check the counter?

The counter is in your online stats menu, I forget the exact name but it is near the bottom after you click online from the main menu. After you go into it, scroll over to the invasions tab and the counter should just be named "invasion boss" with a number that goes up everytime you hit an invasion boss. Keep in mind though my counter was off by 350 so your actual count will be higher than displayed. For tips all I can recommend is the Raiden combo in the game's PSNTrophy guide as soon as the match starts and continue to do it as much as you can. You don't even need to hit him with the first part, you can just punch the air and if you finish the combo it will still teleport you behind him and you'll get a few hits. For timing, hit the front punch (probably square for most people?) twice and then right after you hit square for the second time hit the other punch (triangle) twice, but hold it in the second time. I had trouble with the combo until I got that timing down. For x-rays I would recommend figuring out when he is a bout to attack you and spam the x-ray right before he does. Although, x-rays sometimes don't like to connect as he'll block the instant you start one unless he is in a jump or an attack animation.

Edited by andy_roo_81
  • Like 1

It’s been two years since I platted MK X, so I don’t have the game at hand right now, but I assume the boss is the normal Shinnok, not Corrupted Shinnok? If so, I suggest to try Ermac  (mystic) and Scorpion (hellfire), tournament wise, they had great matchups against Shinnok.

The part where they’re invincible, I’d just zone, Raiden is another solid character to use, can zone, and has an easy combo that does lots of hits, you can also use triangle square x jump triangle back forward x to combo, or, if your opponent is close to a wall add another triangle square x, and then conclude with back forward x.

14 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

You don’t need to break their armour. I didn’t break shinnock’s armour and have about 300 hits on my online stats

Really weird. I don't know which stat is but in "damage cause to invasion boss" appears me 4,660 and haven't got the trophy. What's happening here? That's why I'm guessing is because of the armour. I should have got it already ?

https://imgur.com/bZZD135

2 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

It’s been two years since I platted MK X, so I don’t have the game at hand right now, but I assume the boss is the normal Shinnok, not Corrupted Shinnok? If so, I suggest to try Ermac  (mystic) and Scorpion (hellfire), tournament wise, they had great matchups against Shinnok.

The part where they’re invincible, I’d just zone, Raiden is another solid character to use, can zone, and has an easy combo that does lots of hits, you can also use triangle square x jump triangle back forward x to combo, or, if your opponent is close to a wall add another triangle square x, and then conclude with back forward x.

it is actually corrupted Shinnok.

Edited by Paid-In-Full-

36 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Really weird. I don't know which stat is but in "damage cause to invasion boss" appears me 4,660 and haven't got the trophy. What's happening here? That's why I'm guessing is because of the armour. I should have got it already 1f914.png

it is not damage that counts, but the number of hits. so to get the trophy you need to get 1000 hits on the invasion boss, not 1000 dmg

3 hours ago, andy_roo_81 said:

The counter is in your online stats menu, I forget the exact name but it is near the bottom after you click online from the main menu. After you go into it, scroll over to the invasions tab and the counter should just be named "invasion boss" with a number that goes up everytime you hit an invasion boss. Keep in mind though my counter was off by 350 so your actual count will be higher than displayed. For tips all I can recommend is the Raiden combo in the game's PSNTrophy guide as soon as the match starts and continue to do it as much as you can. You don't even need to hit him with the first part, you can just punch the air and if you finish the combo it will still teleport you behind him and you'll get a few hits. For timing, hit the front punch (probably square for most people?) twice and then right after you hit square for the second time hit the other punch (triangle) twice, but hold it in the second time. I had trouble with the combo until I got that timing down. For x-rays I would recommend figuring out when he is a bout to attack you and spam the x-ray right before he does. Although, x-rays sometimes don't like to connect as he'll block the instant you start one unless he is in a jump or an attack animation.

Can someone can confirm this? I believe the stat is actually about the times you have fought the invasion boss and not the times you have hit him. Because per Raiden's X-Ray there's 13 hits, so if you have 40 that means you only got 520, plus all the damage you make by breaking the armour. 

33 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Can someone can confirm this? I believe the stat is actually about the times you have fought the invasion boss and not the times you have hit him. Because per Raiden's X-Ray there's 13 hits, so if you have 40 that means you only got 520, plus all the damage you make by breaking the armour. 

Perhaps it is matches played against the boss, it just doesn't feel like I had less than an average of 2 hits per fight. I would test it out again myself, but I have already deleted the game.

On 29/5/2021 at 6:32 PM, SoraxTidus said:

Thanks Xenoblast91.

2 hours ago, KiIIed_by_Death said:

Wooo can’t wait to finish work and finally get this dam platinum!

I want to say thank you xeno for going through the effort of getting signatures cause it’s seemed to got them back up and running. You’ve done trophy hunters proud ?

7 hours ago, piggyoinkoink312 said:

Just got the trophies. Thanks everyone for the updates, petition and all the help.

13 hours ago, piggyoinkoink312 said:

Great I missed the last one, I better start downloading MKX. Thanks so much for the updates and the petition.

7 hours ago, andy_roo_81 said:

Also, unrelated to this reply but I really have to thank the person who did the petition, as I think it might have actually worked for the time being unless it's a coincidence. 

You're the real heroes here guys, astonishing kombatants that helped me to sign up that freaking petition! I did it because it was needed! Nothing pisses me off more when people can improve their products, but they don't like so just by laziness and a simple fix, sigh. This seems to have worked, but be aware that the boss is ridiculously difficult, and you need to actually make mental math to know where you are at the trophy. If you have landed him around 60 X-Rays successfully you're close to attain that :silver:!  ;) 

But, hey! I really hope everybody has got their respective trophies! This Corrupted Shinnok took me 8 insane hours to beat; I didn't sleep well but nothing a good coffee cup cannot fix, LMAO. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight... My soul can rest as I finally got the most elusive trophies for the game, thanks God for that.

Just a few tips that I want to help anyone out there still trying their best in this madness:

• Use Raiden's combo at the very start: :square:, :square: , :triangle:, and finally hold :triangle:. This method must be your first strike! If done correctly, you broke the armor of the boss and now every hit you land to him will count to the 1K trophy. However, this guy is delirious, and you'll end up with your butt kicked quickly on. But what I discovered 10 matched before the trophy is to spam the same buttons over and over and you lucky going to get ~10 hits in that match. However, be very aware of your X-Ray meter, as if you manage to have a slice of health by that point, use it already. You'll land another exact 13 hits which is a good amount of damage in that fight. You can land more hits later on, and even make a match with 40 hits (happened to me twice, and boss was idling and helped to spam the combo, but always isn't the case). Raiden is definitely your best choice, but you can feel free to pick up another fighter though, as I'll explain below.
  • Use Jacqui Briggs, with the Full Auto variant. Then at the very beginning of the match spam :down:, :right: and :triangle: (Down, Forward, 2). Do it many times as you can, and your X-Ray meter will increase. She has a tolerable way to endure many hits and because her meter goes up so fast you can land the finisher, and will count 15 hits exactly. This helps a lot if you don't get comfortable with the god of thunder. 
  • Use Goro breakers ability. I have really low success with this method, but if you can land hits with him go ahead! The best method is using his Fist Wall movement: :left:, :right:, :circle:  (Back, Forward, 4) and he'll start punishing the boss to the other side of the ring. This one is tricky as you need to be super quick, and try to land as many hits as possible. You can get 7~10 hits per input, but aside that is incredibly hard to land them. Try to knock the boss with :down:, :up: quickly and then rinse and repeat the combo. 

There you go guys! I'm going to declare "Flawless Victory" on the petition once it appears one more time as that'll be the signal of them officially returning! Appreciate all the help, support and sharing it with everybody. You made this dream come true! xD See you all later, and I hope to stop spamming messages in this thread LMAO.

You can read this thread which helped a lot to nail exactly was is meant to do meanwhile in the matches:

Edited by Xenoblast91

53 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I inflicted 6,479 damage on Invasion bosses, and still no trophy. What am I doing wrong?

Read the trophy description ;). And seriously - probably you are really close to 1000 hits, just keep going.

Edited by Smashero