Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

6 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Bumping this thread for anyone who had not seen the counter strategy with Liu Kang. I did this with Kang, against Kang  ironically enough, a month or so ago. 

It's slow, but guaranteed a few hits each successful counter and Kang also has quick hits (I could usually snap off a few of his kick combos) and his X ray has a big chain as well. 

Just throwing it out there. The boss is really aggressive so it's a pretty safe, if not tedious, strategy. 

can u show us please, i never seen that method 

5 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

can u show us please, i never seen that method 

I used Raiden and used his square, square, triangle, triangle combination and it took me about 2 hours once I got the hang of it. The 4th punch comes from behind so pretty much always lands then if you can also get the x-ray off towards the end it lands about 12 more hits. Hope this helps

What, did they nerf Kung Lao or something? His grab attack was good for more or less 10+ guaranteed hits back when I did it. Sure, it was still a grind and all, but a monotonous one that required little skill or concentration.

For all the ones who attempt that, you can learn the pattern of the bosses and act accordingly. The superbosses, as brutal as they look, usually just dish out a max of 4 combos, you have to learn when to block and attack.

Also from my experience with SubZero, bosses also react to inputs before the start of the match(pressed UP before the match so the boss automatically jumped and attack) so...abit of A.I. manipulation works too xD 

EDIT: IT WON'T WORK 100% OF THE TIME! Figured I should add that. Sometimes the A.I. remembers to be cheap

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

I been reading guides and they say if they have armor the hits dont counts. How are you supposed to get hits that count if the they have armor on and is yellow 

If you inflict enough damage the armor wears off. That's why it's recommended to either use Raiden or Jacqui, since they have multi hit combos.

Also X Rays completely remove armor 

2 minutes ago, Vynzen said:

Is there a counter or smthn who show when the next Invasions will start?

Or this is "mouth to mouth", "check for urself", "friend just told me", "log in every day" stuff...?

I guess there was a counter at some point but since Netherrealm is focused with MK11 now (and at some point Invasions were dead) it's safe to say that "mouth to mouth" is the way to go. I noticed they appear between Monday and Tuesday though so that's the time to"check for yourself". They don't appear weekly anymore, only when the server feels like it.

Or...follow this thread xD people seem to update it quite often:D 

• Like 1

Man I think they made these boss harder. I can hardly get their armor off because I suck. I can't use the dragon perry because he owns my butt every time I get up

Edited by lucky0ne16

1 minute ago, lucky0ne16 said:

Man I think they made these boss harder. I can harder get their armor off because I suck. I csnt use the dragon perry because he owns my butt every time I get up

Sadly there is no helping there xD you actually have to "git gud" to score hits on that boss. Learn his patterns, or try to survive and spam X-Ray. There's no easy way around it.

Edited by Copanele

22 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

finally getting hits on bastard quan cheat, his teleport grab is overrated, believe i got 100 plus hits in an hour, so i be ready for the next one since i know how to use the combo 

Congrats! That's how it works with every super boss really, they are uber aggressive and cheap until you figure out their stupid patterns and learn how to punish it. Even if it's a stupidly OP AI, it's still an AI at the end of the day xD

true, i hate how he grabs you and pull you in and cant escape it, you have to get lucky to break his armor on the first block, i only managed to land 5 plus exrays, i been using the thunder god, hope the next one stays on the ground, sometimes i only get 2 hits in 

Edited by lucky0ne16

I just pulled out the Mortal Kombat X from the shelf with the hopes of completing the game. Reading the posts I am wondering if the INVASION BOSS and INVASION TOWER are still coming up as they are locked in red under FACTION menu as of this writing. I guess I will consider completing the game only if I can get those trophies.