All That Glitters -_-

Dark_Iceraven

I know this is like flogging a dead horse and despite the runs people have suggested on inferno difficulty (master 1 and then 5 when you are geared enough), there must be a quicker way.

I think I've played Diablo 3 to death on xbox 360, ps4 and pc. 

I attempted a run on Inferno act 3 (easy, as I'm not geared for master 1 yet) and was lucky to get 50,000 gold. 

I've come back to get the platinum and I don't like the thought of spending 30-40 hours of pure collecting gold.

Anyone recently found a set up that works more effectively?

• 1 month later...

I've currently been grinding the path described in the trophy guide link.  Only I don't understand the difficulties. I've been doin inferno on medium. I can do most of act one on inferno master 1 but then I die to the Skeleton king. Is it more effective to do what I can on Master or keep grinding on medium at act 3?

The way I understand it is playing on medium or hard does not net you anymore of a gain on gold/magic item find, so if you’re struggling at either on those difficulties it’s not even worth playing them and sticking to easy on Inferno mode, which is what I’m having to do right now bc my paragon level is so low (6).

I’m barely even half way to 5,000,000 even with using the Goldwrap belt and Goldskin armor to speed up the process (these items increase gold find); the mob density in the console versions of this game are supposedly just bad. 

Although it’s boring, I suggest just running through The Keep Depths Level 2 as it has the best mob density of any given area in the game. You can teleport to Level 1 and enter it from the end of Act 3. As soon as you’re able I’d switch to Master I if you can handle it as you’re going to be getting more gold in that difficulty of course. And remember, gold find percentage caps out at 300 percent (supposedly).

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

The way I understand it is playing on medium or hard does not net you anymore of a gain on gold/magic item find, so if you’re struggling at either on those difficulties it’s not even worth playing them and sticking to easy on Inferno mode, which is what I’m having to do right now bc my paragon level is so low (6).

I’m barely even half way to 5,000,000 even with using the Goldwrap belt and Goldskin armor to speed up the process (these items increase gold find); the mob density in the console versions of this game are supposedly just bad. 

Although it’s boring, I suggest just running through The Keep Depths Level 2 as it has the best mob density of any given area in the game. You can teleport to Level 1 and enter it from the end of Act 3. As soon as you’re able I’d switch to Master I if you can handle it as you’re going to be getting more gold in that difficulty of course. And remember, gold find percentage caps out at 300 percent (supposedly).

I'm not getting any better gear, so I just need to level up paragon to make it to Master?

2 minutes ago, Appappachai said:

I'm not getting any better gear, so I just need to level up paragon to make it to Master?

Neither am I, so don’t feel bad! And I believe so..the leveling is noticeably a lot slower after hitting 60 so experience buffs along with the gold/magic item find bonuses will definitely benefit you. I somewhat have a balance between the three on most of my gear...more so gold and magic item find though! 

What I lack in armor/health I make up for in damage, but in all honesty that’s probably why I can’t make the jump to Master I just yet (I get torn to shreds). The Goldskin armor I’m using is only at 408 and level 51, but with 100% gold increase it benefits me too much. If I had level 60 chest armor, I’d probably make the switch to Master I around paragon level 10 tbh. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Lordidude said:

Can I simply Play with 4 local characters (having 3 idle controllers) and just playing with 1 character?
This should then count the gold 4x?

Hmm, I think it would count across all characters, but the issue if I recall is that different players have different gold pick ups split amongst them, so it would somewhat be like collecting the same amount...but I don’t remember as it’s been awhile since I’ve played so you can test it out. Another issue can occur with the game getting more and more difficult with idle characters being apart of the same game; you’ll be fighting off tougher mobs by yourself and your alts will die very quickly, so you’ll be spending more time reviving them than doing your farming essentially. If you have good gear to protect them, might be a different story. 

I would still test out whether or not you’re earning more even with it split amongst the four players, worth a shot right? :)

• 1 year later...

maxresdefault.jpgHey everyone, I do have a perfect solution. ;-) Takes a bit of afk gaming, that’s all.

it’s been a while, when I popped the platinum but somehow it came on my mind, to share my way with you.

On PC there is a achievement called crispy critters, that inspired me where you need to pull a few mobs into those fire spitting forges, I combined with getting damage what procs the nailrings ability.

I played a sorc with a tanky gear to not die by the flames and a lot of money find. Essentially you need a Nailring to get that lootgoblin spawn over and over again while standing in the forges flames.

As a sorc choose a spell wich kills the goblin while you are afk. My game is in German and it’s been a while. I guess I took the orb wich is chasing enemy’s and locked the R2 Button with a piece of paper, and then it’s just a matter of time. Come back from time to time and collect the money on the ground. :-)

that’s it, hopefully I helped out a few guys out there.

Cheers, V.

Edited by Verwegenheit
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, VladFrezZ said:

i spent around 30 hours collecting gold and finally got the trophy now i started a new "hardcore" player for Slayer  and died in level 26, somebody please kill me hahaha 

If you’re able to, always backup your save to the cloud/USB so you can fall back on it in case you die again. If you think you’re about to die or in danger you cannot escape, you can always pause the game and quit out and it will keep you alive. I would only do that if you know you were not too close to death though, better to just save every few levels if you’re not too comfortable with your build. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...