Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyky

NykyLeonHeart's Dispute

10 posts in this topic

NykyLeonHeart

Hotline Miami
Its not too fast its not event the TOP 1 this game can be done under 3 hours, there is no strange time ?

Posted (edited)

Chapter 16 to Chapter 19 in 2m 15s, seems off to me? Some other things are suspicious with this list, but not outright impossible.

Lets see what the @Nyky responds with.

Edited by B1rvine

The time gap is 2 minutes, 16 seconds. It actually isn't too far off from being 100% legitimate.

The fastest Hotline Miami any% New Game Speedrun that I found (current world record), has a split between chapter 16 and 19. Their time for that section was 2 minutes 40 seconds. The run was also done on PC; I'm not sure if platform effects Hotline Miami speedruns too much since I saw a few PS4 runs on the leaderboard.

Being 24 seconds faster doesn't mean you automatically cheated. The run I saw seemed very optimized and there wouldn't be 24 second timesave unless...

1. The trophy pops don't align perfectly where they split the run. I'm not sure of the exact point when trophies pop.
  2. You know about a speedrun discovery the Hotline Miami speedrun community doesn't know about.

How did you get an A+ with no combo?

Posted (edited)

Just now, Squirlruler said:

How did you get an A+ with no combo?

this is correct. there's something off with his list and the disputer has some explaining to do.

cant get an A+ without the combo's, score doesn't go high enough. even i attempt it can't be done.

Edited by lordguwa

3 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

The time gap is 2 minutes, 16 seconds. It actually isn't too far off from being 100% legitimate. Their time for that section was 2 minutes 40 seconds.

24 seconds is an eternity in this game. There's other oddities, as pointed out above. 

I have reason to believe he cheated another game too.

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

24 seconds is an eternity in this game. There's other oddities, as pointed out above. 

Being 24 seconds ahead of the a speedrun world record time is an 'eternity' in any game. Obvious observations are obvious. Getting an A+ on a level before getting a combo didn't stick out to me since I haven't played the game and that observation was made after my post. My opinion means nothing on A+, but if it was possible, I don't many people would go out of their way to get the trophy for it first.

Being 24 seconds faster then a world record Hotline Miami runner, is grounds to call shenanigans. A 2:16 may be possible, but it would require a big speedrun discovery first. Getting A+ before combo isn't possible as far as we know. These instances are both grounds to call shenanigans on their own; together they both say that the list is illegitimate. That's my conclusion on the matter unless I discovery new information, that I won't be looking for.

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I have reason to believe he cheated another game too.

Silently report the game and let the cheater removal team deal with it. If the disputer files a dispute on that game, we can discuss it there. Please keep the conversation on Hotline Miami.