Information about getting 100% on ESO

Sergen

16 minutes ago, WaffleJedi said:

There is also an excellent forum at https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/general-discussion and the different builds (updated with each DLC/Chapter release) at https://alcasthq.com/

They are great sources specifically for people wishing to play ESO in the long term and learn about the game as a whole, my thread is designed to accommodate for trophy hunters wishing to endure 100% of the trophies on the game by answering the questions and referring them to this thread if I am asked anything privately. I will continue updating the thread to make it the most efficient for a trophy hunter. Alcast's builds for instance recommend gear that only drops in veteran trials for his optimal setup, as a trophy hunter you'd be making the game more difficult to pursue such gear, as none of the trophies specifically require you to complete a veteran trial. This thread intends to explain the minimum required for trophies while using sources that point directly towards the help for the trophies that get mentioned in the thread.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sergen said:

They are great sources specifically for people wishing to play ESO in the long term and learn about the game as a whole, my thread is designed to accommodate for trophy hunters wishing to endure 100% of the trophies on the game by answering the questions and referring them to this thread if I am asked anything privately. I will continue updating the thread to make it the most efficient for a trophy hunter. Alcast's builds for instance recommend gear that only drops in veteran trials for his optimal setup, as a trophy hunter you'd be making the game more difficult to pursue such gear, as none of the trophies specifically require you to complete a veteran trial. This thread intends to explain the minimum required for trophies while using sources that point directly towards the help for the trophies that get mentioned in the thread.

Alcast has beginner setups for all of his builds using beginner drops along with crafted sets such as Magnus Gift and Julianos.  I have a couple of toons that are just starting out and his beginner setups are working out for me, as it seems the strengths of the gear sets keep changing.

What is interesting is that the higher level drops seem to be just as good as the crafted sets.  

You've done a nice write-up - it is nice to see interest in what I consider still a great game!

• Like 1

Just now, WaffleJedi said:

Alcast has beginner setups for all of his builds using beginner drops along with crafted sets such as Magnus Gift and Julianos.  I have a couple of toons that are just starting out and his beginner setups are working out for me, as it seems the strengths of the gear sets keep changing.

What is interesting is that the higher level drops seem to be just as good as the crafted sets.  

You've done a nice write-up - it is nice to see interest in what I consider still a great game!

I guess it depends on which role you choose. I feel that being a damage dealer requires better gear than a healer for instance, I haven't had experience in tanking but a lot of the crafted sets for it also look great for a person to use. Both of my friends who did this game with me used the Sorcerer class, one using the Easy Sorc build by Xynode, the other using the Gear 2 setup by Alcast for a Stamina Sorcerer. I feel that the gear for stamina in his setups is easier to acquire, because Briarheart can be purchased and Matierre's Bodkin (Briarheart Dagger) is drops in a quest in Wrothgar, Easy Sorc specifically had to be done with the optimal setup since the heavy attack ticks with the recommended gear significantly outweigh the beginner setup. In these cases I like what Alcast does with his builds where the beginner build can be used to grind for gear 2, then gear 2 can be used to grind the optimal gear, for a trophy hunter they'd only need to pursue his gear 2 build containing overland and dungeon sets.

• Like 1

I

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I guess it depends on which role you choose. I feel that being a damage dealer requires better gear than a healer for instance, I haven't had experience in tanking but a lot of the crafted sets for it also look great for a person to use. Both of my friends who did this game with me used the Sorcerer class, one using the Easy Sorc build by Xynode, the other using the Gear 2 setup by Alcast for a Stamina Sorcerer. I feel that the gear for stamina in his setups is easier to acquire, because Briarheart can be purchased and Matierre's Bodkin (Briarheart Dagger) is drops in a quest in Wrothgar, Easy Sorc specifically had to be done with the optimal setup since the heavy attack ticks with the recommended gear significantly outweigh the beginner setup. In these cases I like what Alcast does with his builds where the beginner build can be used to grind for gear 2, then gear 2 can be used to grind the optimal gear, for a trophy hunter they'd only need to pursue his gear 2 build containing overland and dungeon sets.

I'm pretty boring with my class.  After trying out the others, I settled on a Sorcerer Pet build (from Alcast) so that I can run dungeons by myself if others are hanging around the dark anchors getting easy bling. I started with Deltia's builds then tried Xynode, Dottz and now Alcast. I agree with you on aligning your toon with the gear that you can obtain, but then the DLC/Chapters are released and they nerf the gear so you have to change up again. Funny, my big goal was to max out a crafter to be able to create anything.  But C160 gear - well, the materials needed are excessive so seems the dropped gear is a better deal :awesome: and you can improve it.

• Like 1

With the upcoming update (end of August), healing skills are getting significantly nerfed and it will be a tougher role to play, especially if you are first starting out. 

Most of what you said is spot on. I got the platinum a year ago, just could never bring myself to get the last few dlc trophies done. I dabbled in some endgame PVE until I moved to middle of nowhere internet and just couldn’t take the DCs anymore. Grats on the 100% it takes some serious dedication. 

• Like 1

Just now, DBTrophyGuy said:

With the upcoming update (end of August), healing skills are getting significantly nerfed and it will be a tougher role to play, especially if you are first starting out. 

Most of what you said is spot on. I got the platinum a year ago, just could never bring myself to get the last few dlc trophies done. I dabbled in some endgame PVE until I moved to middle of nowhere internet and just couldn’t take the DCs anymore. Grats on the 100% it takes some serious dedication. 

I'm aware of how healing is being nerfed, however Alcast's build has been updated to accommodate for that. Various things such as the Sentinel of Rkugamz monster set are getting buffed as well and while healing per tick on various skills may be reduced, losing 30% of a heal isn't going to be the end of the world compared to DPS where a lot of DPS checks occur in boss fights. You're really close to the 100% so I'm sure you'll get there eventually when the game wants to work for you, that's a huge issue they keep claiming they're gonna address but I never see them do shit about it.

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I'm aware of how healing is being nerfed, however Alcast's build has been updated to accommodate for that. Various things such as the Sentinel of Rkugamz monster set are getting buffed as well and while healing per tick on various skills may be reduced, losing 30% of a heal isn't going to be the end of the world compared to DPS where a lot of DPS checks occur in boss fights. You're really close to the 100% so I'm sure you'll get there eventually when the game wants to work for you, that's a huge issue they keep claiming they're gonna address but I never see them do shit about it.

Nah they are too focused on monetizing the game to worry about the performance of said game. It’s not that bad if you have a really strong connection and/or a pro, but that’s not possible for everybody. 

• Like 1

What's your opinion on the chance of a fairly infrequent gamer (a few hours a week) achieving the platinum trophy, and 100% to go with it?  I just don't have the time to sit down every day, never mind for an hour or two every day, and shifts in my schedule seem unlikely.  I do really want to play this some day, though, as I loved Skyrim and Oblivion.  

2 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

What's your opinion on the chance of a fairly infrequent gamer (a few hours a week) achieving the platinum trophy, and 100% to go with it?  I just don't have the time to sit down every day, never mind for an hour or two every day, and shifts in my schedule seem unlikely.  I do really want to play this some day, though, as I loved Skyrim and Oblivion.  

The only trophy truly requiring you to devote a lot of time in one sitting is Emperor, unfortunately the competition would be fierce and prohibit you from being #1 on the leaderboard with a very limited amount of time to play the game. If you have a lot of free time to attempt Emperor and overcome that, the rest of the 100% is absolutely doable with a limited schedule. The game could have been done quicker by myself, but a lot of my days were incredibly short as I didn't want to pressure myself to no life the game as much. Emperor in my opinion is only one of the more frustrating trophies due to the endurance factor, but there are plenty of other trophies that are more stressful than it, but the benefit of the other annoying trophies is that you can do them in your own time.

• Like 2

On 16.8.2019 at 5:45 PM, DBTrophyGuy said:

It’s not that bad if you have a really strong connection and/or a pro, but that’s not possible for everybody. 

I'm having PS4 Pro with SSD installed in it and like ~10ms of lag (living like 200km from EU servers location) with 50Mbit connnection and it still LAGS LIKE HELL! Situation where I don't see enemies in public dungeons or dolmens are happening way too often (or being able to hit boss only with AoE, cause I can't see him), so sorry, no solution for that, until ZoS will fix it by themselves (or I drop the game).

Edited by ScooloV

15 hours ago, ScooloV said:

I'm having PS4 Pro with SSD installed in it and like ~10ms of lag (living like 200km from EU servers location) with 50Mbit connnection and it still LAGS LIKE HELL! Situation where I don't see enemies in public dungeons or dolmens are happening way too often (or being able to hit boss only with AoE, cause I can't see him), so sorry, no solution for that, until ZoS will fix it by themselves (or I drop the game).

I’ve heard EU servers have it a lot worse than NA. No doubt there’s a lot wrong with the game—the engine it’s built on is not optimized for an MMO to begin with. Then you throw in the fact that they overhaul the skills every three months and that introduces weird bugs that don’t get fixed until the next big update three months down the road. I was trying not to crap on the game too hard since that’s not what this forum is about :)  , but there are reasons I don’t play anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Sergen wow seriously good work man, I just skimmed through the OP because i'm not ready to do ESO yet but I played it a lot on PC, so i know most of what you are talking about. Apologies if you said already but you should definitely try to make a PSNProfiles trophy guide for platinum + DLCs (it could definitely win an award for best guide with the effort you put in).

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

4 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

@Sergen wow seriously good work man, I just skimmed through the OP because i'm not ready to do ESO yet but I played it a lot on PC, so i know most of what you are talking about. Apologies if you said already but you should definitely try to make a PSNProfiles trophy guide for platinum + DLCs (it could definitely win an award for best guide with the effort you put in).

It would take exceptionally long and probably not win anything, considering the most popular game of the category that can be voted for in guides is the one to win every time... The fishing guide is likely the furthest I'll go with getting a published guide on this website out, but I appreciate that you like the thread :D

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It would take exceptionally long and probably not win anything, considering the most popular game of the category that can be voted for in guides is the one to win every time... The fishing guide is likely the furthest I'll go with getting a published guide on this website out, but I appreciate that you like the thread :D

No problem! It's your own time after all. I think this thread is good enough. Congratulations on the 100%. I'm definitely gonna attempt 100% but don't know if i'll end up succeeding. I really love this game and have played it for months on PC. I switched to it after WoW went down the drain, it's a great game despite the harsh reviews on release.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

• 2 weeks later...

@Sergen I'm trying to 100% this myself I'm also a healer!

I recently got the Emporer trophy out of the way and I'm ready to begin the grind on everything else! So far I've only completed Summerset, Wrothgar (not done Vet Maelstrom, only normal!) and Hew's Bane!

I'm struggling in places such as Imperial City and other areas and could do with a hand, although I don't know many people who play the game that have that same drive to get the 100%!

Any tips/ help? 

Much obliged and fantastic work on this! 

spacer.png

Edited by Digital_Owen

1 hour ago, Digital_Owen said:

@Sergen I'm trying to 100% this myself I'm also a healer!

I recently got the Emporer trophy out of the way and I'm ready to begin the grind on everything else! So far I've only completed Summerset, Wrothgar (not done Vet Maelstrom, only normal!) and Hew's Bane!

I'm struggling in places such as Imperial City and other areas and could do with a hand, although I don't know many people who play the game that have that same drive to get the 100%!

Any tips/ help? 

Much obliged and fantastic work on this! 

For Imperial City, there was an event recently so it populated the place a lot and it has become free on the crown store. In that case, similarly to how you probably earned Emperor, you can form a group with people that are within the Imperial City and they'll help you take down patrolling horrors and do all the arena events. Otherwise, follow the Werewolf build that I linked in the thread for a good solo build that gives you resistances and high health recovery with decent damage and you'll likely be able to solo most of Imperial City with the build.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to Necro this thread, but for someone like me that likes a less desirable race like Orcs (in context of racial abilities) in Elder Scrolls any tips or recommendations if I wanted to go against the grain as a damage dealing dual wielder? Been thinking of trying to do a Berserker style build. High Damage semi-tankish.

• 3 months later...

What is the best way to buy the game and all dlc? Does it make sense to buy the biggest edition of the game which includes 4 chapters and get other smaller dlcs using eso+ (or get them using crowns?) ? Or it is better to get just base game and eso+? Understood that eso+ is great helping tool while achieving 100%, but a little bit confused with dlcs.

I know for certain that ESO+ gets you access to all the DLCs.  The confusion is with the old chapters.  Morrowind, Clockwork,Summerset, Elsweyr, Greymoor are considered Chapters.   Since I bought those as expansions to the base game as they came out I do not know if they are available with ESO+.  I have heard that the old chapters become part of ESO+ once a new chapter is released.  ESO+ will get you Orsinium, thieves, assassins, all 4 person dungeons (DLC packs 1 to 5, 7, 9, 11,12, 13 and 15 for certain.  The new chapters might also be rolled in to the base game - the description on the playstation store included morrowind. I think that the only thing that is not available with ESO+ is Greymoor.

2 hours ago, kandbw1138 said:

I know for certain that ESO+ gets you access to all the DLCs.  The confusion is with the old chapters.  Morrowind, Clockwork,Summerset, Elsweyr, Greymoor are considered Chapters.   Since I bought those as expansions to the base game as they came out I do not know if they are available with ESO+.  I have heard that the old chapters become part of ESO+ once a new chapter is released.  ESO+ will get you Orsinium, thieves, assassins, all 4 person dungeons (DLC packs 1 to 5, 7, 9, 11,12, 13 and 15 for certain.  The new chapters might also be rolled in to the base game - the description on the playstation store included morrowind. I think that the only thing that is not available with ESO+ is Greymoor.

Game with greymoor includes other major chapters like morrowind, elsweyr, ect. So I think I will buy it and a eso+ for a year when I will start this jorney

DC universe online was really tough to 100%, but oh boy does eso look even worse..

I'm currently playing eso on my alt account to help my friend get all trophies in the game, but even so the game takes a better part of the year to do even if playing a couple hours per day.

Edited by Timo425