Patch Update - Protector of the realm trophy

LP_Smiddy

So after two attempts now it seems that you can no longer quickly press the 'PS' home button and 'close application' to avoid it acknowledging your death.

The only way around this is at the end of each chapter to save your game and copy to a USB. If you die then you can at least reload the chapter and try again.

A bit of a bummer but I guess it makes the platinum all the more worth while having to get it 'legitimately'.

I was so close on my second attempt too, I died on the last screen of the final boss :(

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It unlocked for me fine with closing the game before every fight and upon each final boss screen and uploading the saves to the ps+ cloud. I ended up not dying at all so I never had to load back my save.

The game also crashed two times during my no-death run (and never in my all-collectable run), which didn't affect my trophy. I just uploaded the save and continued.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I can confirm previous post. Pausing the game upon death and exiting game completely does work. I also had to restart a checkpoint due to the mouse getting stuck, and that did not prevent it either.

i also tested my first run to pause and restart checkpoint upon death, that does not work.