Syncing Vita after being in airplane mode

Kallume

Hello all, 

I scrolled through a couple pages here and couldn't find a similar thread. 

A fellow trophy hunter brought it to my attention that I might get flagged and I would like to ensure that I don't. He noticed that my profile has messed up PS Vita timestamps and that that can be seen as account sharing. I travel a lot for work and often leave my vita in airplane mode for a long time (weeks and longer). When I remember to, I switch it off and sync up. This causes my completed vita games to be dumped on my profile in the wrong timestamp place. Games that I had in progress are updated once a new trophy is earned. 

To avoid a flag, should I always make sure to sync up before playing a new game or am I gonna be ok?

Edited by Kallume

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What do you mean out of order?

Airplane mode has nothing to do with timestamps...it is just basically just playing offline.

Vita trophies tend to sync out of order. Like if you earn a trophy on the Vita but don't sync it, then play a PS4 game and sync that, the Vita trophy will actually appear after the PS4 trophies in your trophy log once you do sync it. That is, the actual timestamps are just fine but the order in which they appear on the default ordered view is off. I believe it has to do with there being additional metadata related to when the trophies were synced in addition to the timestamps themselves.

As an example. Look at the OP's trophy lists of LEGO The Hobbit (100% on July 31) and Paradox Soul (100% on July 13). Even though the latter was platted earlier, it still appears after the Hobbit game on the default view. I believe this is what the OP is referring to.

Edited by IDiivil

Account sharing is totally fine by this sites rules so you won't get a flag for this unless it's extreme (like a game with stamps from 2014 appearing in your games with stamps from 2019). 

There are people that want account sharers removed from the lb, but even then I doubt the flagging team will take this route to ban teams if it ever (hopefully) comes to fruition 

Edited by midgetstrawdog

Something similar happened to me. I played a game after a long time in the psvita, and it was not up to date. the problem is that after obtaining the platinum and synchronizing the trophies, they do not appear to me with any date, and psn profiles recognizes it as if it were my first platinum.

Do you know how I can fix it and if possible?
Thank you.

31 minutes ago, javilego said:

Something similar happened to me. I played a game after a long time in the psvita, and it was not up to date. the problem is that after obtaining the platinum and synchronizing the trophies, they do not appear to me with any date, and psn profiles recognizes it as if it were my first platinum.

Do you know how I can fix it and if possible?
Thank you.

Unfortunately this is not something that can be fixed. What happened is your Vita ran out of  battery completely, which made the internal clock lose track of what time it is. In this state any trophies obtained will get missing timestamps, which actually override any previous timestamps when synced due to them possibly representing the earliest moment in time.