Best moves and J skills for S Rank Expert

IrishAndrew91

With a CAC: :square:,:square:,:square:,:square:,:triangle:,:triangle:,:triangle:, then a ranged move or dash melee move can deal with most A.I. fights.
For the ranged move I like Death Beam, it's fast (even at full charge) and has good range. 

For dash melee I like Shining Sword Attack or Meteor Combination
For  j skills use whatever you got that boost Attack or Ability power.
Also level up, the higher your level the easier things get. 

Edit: Another thing that is important for S rank is max combo. An easy way to get a high is to use Hundred Rending Fists for a free 100+ combo. 
You can easily combo into Hundred Rending Fists with a :square::square::square: starter and then use a uncharged Hundred Rending Fists.

Edited by Wavergray
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 8/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, Wavergray said:

Edit: Another thing that is important for S rank is max combo. An easy way to get a high is to use Hundred Rending Fists for a free 100+ combo. 
You can easily combo into Hundred Rending Fists with a :square::square::square: starter and then use a uncharged Hundred Rending Fists.

Easily combo hundred rending fists is HIGHLY subject. It is not as easy as it has been written. As you progress in levels, the less likely the move will be successful. The A.I. makes the enemy dodge and block more with levels, as the story progress, and in the advanced Free Missions. The major problem with the ability is there is a major delay from the time you command the ability to be used and from when the actual execution occurs. It is about a 1.25-second delay which is a long time in a fighting game. This gives the enemy plenty of time to dodge back, block, or use their faster ability. Yes, the move is necessary because it provides a 100-hit combo but it is not easy to get off and though necessary, shouldn't be relied on as being able to freely/easily use.

1 hour ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Easily combo hundred rending fists is HIGHLY subject. It is not as easy as it has been written. As you progress in levels, the less likely the move will be successful. The A.I. makes the enemy dodge and block more with levels, as the story progress, and in the advanced Free Missions. The major problem with the ability is there is a major delay from the time you command the ability to be used and from when the actual execution occurs. It is about a 1.25-second delay which is a long time in a fighting game. This gives the enemy plenty of time to dodge back, block, or use their faster ability. Yes, the move is necessary because it provides a 100-hit combo but it is not easy to get off and though necessary, shouldn't be relied on as being able to freely/easily use.

I had problems with opponents escaping my Hundred Rending Fists every now and then. What I found out later is that the ability is actually charged by the R2 button, and holding it down causes your character to delay their attack for longer. As soon as I realized that, I started immediately releasing R2 after inputting Hundred Fists and was very consistent from that point onward.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I had problems with opponents escaping my Hundred Rending Fists every now and then. What I found out later is that the ability is actually charged by the R2 button, and holding it down causes your character to delay their attack for longer. As soon as I realized that, I started immediately releasing R2 after inputting Hundred Fists and was very consistent from that point onward.

Hmm, so it seems like I could be pressing SQUARE and then not releasing R2 quick enough and it causes the delay. That would change things and definitely make the move more reliable. Also, changes how I view things and does make some things less accurate in my opinion like Free Missions, the difficulty, and if non-mandatory Key Missions are worth it.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:57 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Hundred Rending Fists is a chargeable move. If you hold the button down the character will delay the move for more damage. So for the free 100+ combo you do not want to charge the move.
That's why I said "You can easily combo into Hundred Rending Fists with a 
:square::square::square: starter and then use a uncharged Hundred Rending Fists." 

46 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

Hundred Rending Fists is a chargeable move. If you hold the button down the character will delay the move for more damage. So for the free 100+ combo you do not want to charge the move.
That's why I said "You can easily combo into Hundred Rending Fists with a 
:square::square::square: starter and then use a uncharged Hundred Rending Fists." 

I get you said uncharged but with no explanation and a term that is never mentioned in the game, it made no sense and I also didn't know I was unconsciously doing it. I have tried it a few times and it is still not a guaranteed hit, especially in higher levels with more aggressive A.I. There is just a slight delay, the A.I. reads it, hops back, you swing and miss, A.I. returns and starts pummeling you. Sometimes I can catch them in that hop back with a second order of the move but it's not something to hold your breath on.

For me, key was the skill that allows you to take no chip damage at all while blocking. Used Kurepika as a buddy to heal if I did get hit. This allowed me to get double perfects pretty often. For offense it was mainly Gum Gum Red Hawk and 100 Rending Fists.

Couple of videos if you like:

https://youtu.be/s_FO4RpBnlQ

https://youtu.be/DRcTw-K05YM

• Like 2