No more combat challenges!!!

LazyJournalist

Out of the 3 driving challenges I'm finding Outride to be the most challenging. So far my highest score is only 71K Bronze. On runs where I find myself doing better by mid run my bike is trashed or I end up crashing from drivingn to recklessly. Honestly once I get Silver on these challenges I'm content.... Shame about 3 out of 4 of the final challenges being horde related unless their more set up like "Keep Them Safer" So far I have all Silver and a mixture of silver & gold in all the Sub Challenges except Surrounded & Infested Horde Challenges where I'm still only Bronze so yeah not to excited for more horde Challenges....

With that in mind if I haven't unlocked the "Golden Boy" Trophy by the end of all the challenges being released. I plan on going back to "Keep Them Safer" since out of all the challenges it's the one I have spent the most time in and personally enjoy the most. Also with there being no countdown timer or any timed Sub Challenges. I personally think for anyone wanting to unlock the Golden Boy trophy it's the best choice. Last not 100% positive but I'm assuming the "I Make This Look Good Trophy" would unlock as well as long as you have what the description says which is "Earn a Gold Medal with a character skin & custom accent equipped"...Anyways I wish everyone the best of luck! To you champions thanks the the great advice!

Well, this sucks. I am very unhappy with this. I for one, loved the combat challenges. I am personally over the hordes. Especially with that damn count down timer thing. After a while it gets old/annoying/irritating. And it is no longer fun. Just frustrating. Out of the challenges so far, this new Outride challenge is the absolute worst. I have gold on everything else, but can't seem to get past silver on this one. And I still need to kill 20 freakers. Whoever designed this did a very bad job. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

I for one was very excited for the game's release...but haven't touched a single challenge... little too arcade for my liking... someday I might get around to it

Saw the beard Icon and got super confused for a second there. I'm mixed on this news. I'm glad only one more bike challenge, the core mechanics in Days Gone are just not snappy enough for these precision challenges. I have hated the last three and I am sure I will hate the final one. That said I love the hoards, they are always a lot of fun. Combat challenges were great though, the stealth camp is still my favorite of them all. Maybe Studio Bend is just saving them for season two of challenges. (Plz No)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XileLerinril said:

Saw the beard Icon and got super confused for a second there. I'm mixed on this news. I'm glad only one more bike challenge, the core mechanics in Days Gone are just not snappy enough for these precision challenges. I have hated the last three and I am sure I will hate the final one. That said I love the hoards, they are always a lot of fun. Combat challenges were great though, the stealth camp is still my favorite of them all. Maybe Studio Bend is just saving them for season two of challenges. (Plz No)

Season two for challenges? Hope this is just your assumption. 

• Like 2

I for one, do NOT want a season 2 of challenges. The ones that we do have are more than enough for me. I have especially hated the past couple of ones. I know that they are not supposed to be easy, but I think they are going a bit far with the difficulty. Especially on last weeks outride. I would love more in game DLC content that is not challenges. I would even love a sequel. But more challenges? no thanks . And I am still bummed that they will not have any more combat challenges. Those were my favorite.

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 2

I personally don't mind, i love horde challenges and even more bike challenges ! But I don't understand why they just skipped combat challenges, they were an important of the main game.

Let's just hope that difficulty won't be increasing, cause at some point it could get reeeeal hard. ?

6 hours ago, Bearded_Jay said:

I personally don't mind, i love horde challenges and even more bike challenges ! But I don't understand why they just skipped combat challenges, they were an important of the main game.

Let's just hope that difficulty won't be increasing, cause at some point it could get reeeeal hard. 1f605.png

It already IS really hard. :P 

• Like 1