With My Devil Dogs - still no solution?

17 hours ago, woggly4 said:

So, I monitored the servers for the last weeks and today I witnessed how the mostly stable servers both crashed. For ~20 minutes the matchmaking only spawned unstable ones. As soon as a new stable server spawned (it was located in EU) I joined with my dummy and still didn't get the trophy at the end of the round (the round lasted 8-ish minutes). I really don't know what it is, that makes the trophy possible. Everything I thought could be a solution failed, I'm out of ideas - see below list what I already tried to no avail. Since late March 2019 I'm trying to get this pesky trophy every now and then, sometimes even every day for a few weeks and I must have played over 600 matches by now and tested several solutions but it just seems to be impossible. I really don't know what happened for people who got the trophy in the near past. Congrats to those who were very lucky and got it.

See the spoiler for a list of things I thought would be a solution. Feel free to add ideas you already tried and weren't successful or untested ideas you might have.

Reveal hidden contents

Network related

• Same network, both NAT2

• Same network over LTE, both NAT2

• Same region (Europe), NAT1 over DSL and NAT2 over LTE

• Same region (Europe), NAT1 and NAT2 (both DSL)

• Same region (Europe), both NAT2

• Different regions (Europe/US), both NAT2 (connection fails)

• Different regions (Europe/US), Europe NAT1, US NAT2

• Same region (Europe), both NAT1

Console related

• Main: PS3 fat, Dummy: PS3 fat
  • Main: PS3 fat, Dummy: PS3 slim
  • Main: PS3 slim, Dummy: PS3 fat

Disc related (always same network)

• Main and Dummy: EU disc (BLES-00259), both german accounts
  • Main: EU disc, Dummy: US disc (BLUS-30118), both german accounts
  • Main: EU disc (german account), Dummy: US disc (US account)
  • Main: US disc, Dummy: EU disc, both german accounts

Server related

• Stable server (obviously)
  • Stable server after major crash (see text above)
  • Unstable server with quick win
  • Unstable server with quick win with only four players (all four consoles in the same network)

Join/Matchmaking related

• Join in the last seconds of the match
  • Re-join every time the squad got split up (until now, it lasted four matches max)
  • Re-join every time the round ends, even if still in the same squad
  • Join and leave with Dummy, even though we were in the same squad. Main stays on the server, Dummy rejoins via "join player" menu and gets into same squad
  • Create squad with Dummy, create squad with Main. Main invites Dummy. Dummy accepts warning "you need to leave your squad in order to join"

Account related

• Two fresh accounts created on PS3, both playing in the same squad (only each other on the friend list) - just for testing
  • Playing with one of the above mentioned accounts in the same squad

Friend list related

• Removing Dummy from friend list, searching for the ID in the squad menu
  • Inviting Dummy to friendship when both accounts were already connected to EA (i.e. in the multiplayer menu)
  • Friend Dummy and Main in Origin as well (Origin- and PSN-accounts linked)

I think you have already done that. But just to update the list. Invite your dummy then (without delay and another time for another try with some seconds delay log out of PSN so that you get the notification that you have to be connected with online in order to join the squad. Maybe that works or you have already tried it. I did that and I got the notification that I lost connection (for beeing offline) and that try again notification since joined up is fucked up. Maybe consols with same network can connect then.

Why do I say that? Because I can't join the online mode without being offline before. It is always telling me that I have to check my internet connection when I try to join while being logged in. By being logged off the game tells me if I want to log in and then I get connected to multiplayer if I press yes.

• Like 1

Ok. So what @woggly4 and @EdinhoN said, if I got it right, is that those servers kind of "loop" around themselves and there is a particular moment when those servers "restart", making the trophy pop (I'm nowhere near a tech-savvy as you guys are, so bear with me on this). So, if I got it right, that refers to when and if the trophy pops or not.

But how does that relate to being able to pair up with someone on the same squad via in-game invite? How does it affect that specific issue?

Unfortunately this is just an assumption, because the servers restart quite regularly. But yes, this refers to if it pops or not.

If you mean in the menu then it doesn't. This depends on your connection settings. If you're not able to connect, you could try to open your ports or declare your PS3 as an exposed host. If it still doesn't work you would have to switch to NAT1 (directly connecting your PS3 to the internet via PPPoE credentials) or try with another friend. If you mean why you're split up ingame even though you joined via squad menu, then we also don't know. But I think it's also related to the same server issue (and keep in mind, this is not the game server itself). Or matchmaking doesn't care about your squad and just pair players up - for example matchmaking often puts me into a squad with already three players and my Dummy gets into a squad with only one player or no squad at all. Rejoining doesn't fix this. It just seems to prioritize filling squads over squad-joins.

However, everything above is just a shot in the dark, because we don't really know what happens behind the scenes, because the connection is encrypted and there's no way to intercept it with reasonable amount of effort.

Even if this were true (it's not, the leader of the squad gets the trophy) the Dummy would get it and you would know immediately that you just need to swap roles. ? 

Edited by woggly4

43 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Even if this were true (it's not, the leader of the squad gets the trophy) the Dummy would get it and you would know immediately that you just need to swap roles. 1f609.png 

All good.. it’s been a while , I just had this feeling it was back to front.. bummer it’s not popping for you guys.

Thanks for trying to help. Yeah it's a real bummer that it glitched out. I'm afraid we still have to try countless times. But it is always a good reminder to get the online trophies as fast as possible, in any game.

On 13.6.2020 at 9:07 PM, BDevil9 said:

..and I don't know if it matters but I was using cable connection for both and a gold & a regular edition discs.

I  thought, I'd give it a try and ordered a gold edition, so I could play with gold and regular like you did. I ended the match after joining and the full next round, because the squad didn't split up. Unfortunately still no trophy.

41 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I  thought, I'd give it a try and ordered a gold edition, so I could play with gold and regular like you did. I ended the match after joining and the full next round, because the squad didn't split up. Unfortunately still no trophy.

Damn man! :( I don't know what to say but keep trying man..maybe different servers on different days will trigger it. Yo never know. 

Well..you are welcome to come by my house after this panadimic shit is over and we can give it a try ?

On 6/17/2020 at 7:18 AM, ColekPL said:

Out of curiosity - would injecting a generated SSL certificate into CFW'd PS3 allow us to decrypt the encrypted traffic? Like how you'd do with Burp Suite or Fiddler on PC. Or is it encrypted somehow differently?

That sounds like a ‘diagnostics check’ on how and why the trophy pops online.  Although I don’t have the means (nor technical prowess) to assist you in that endeavor, I could definitely see a positive outcome for determining a solution for this trophy issue, with that method.

On 6/17/2020 at 7:40 AM, woggly4 said:

I don't know because I won't enter CFW territory.

I see what you did there!  ?

• 1 month later...

is anybody still trying to get this?

i had my first session in months today, using DMZ + 2 alts (same network). Eventually they got into a squad together, but no trophy. We were even the only ones in the squad. Played match from the beginning. The other team ended it in 47 seconds. Nothing.

If anyone wants to coordinate a schedule to check the servers every so often at certain times, i'd be willing to try it. Just don't wanna check solo every day like woggly did. But like he said, the servers do seem to work very rarely...

Edited by hore

Yes, I'm still trying occasionally. But only if I think a given server situation might have changed something and I'm seeing that situation by chance. For example, recently all servers were down for like 5 hours and I tried immediately after a stable server was back online. However, until now nothing worked.

1 minute ago, IAMERORR said:

So I've just noticed someone has achieved the Bad Company platinum in 1 week 5 days. Not sure if they're around the clarify how on earth that happens... Especially with the state of with my devil dogs trophy.

the timestamps make it obvious he used a save, and possibly also CFW considering I check the Recent Achievers pretty often and he was most certainly not there until recently (despite earning it 2 months ago)

On 14/08/2020 at 7:47 AM, hore said:

the timestamps make it obvious he used a save, and possibly also CFW considering I check the Recent Achievers pretty often and he was most certainly not there until recently (despite earning it 2 months ago)

Agreed. He obtained all online trophies in less than 10 minutes, so people should disregard the fact he unlocked it.

On 8/14/2020 at 8:42 AM, IAMERORR said:

So I've just noticed someone has achieved the Bad Company platinum in 1 week 5 days. Not sure if they're around the clarify how on earth that happens... Especially with the state of with my devil dogs trophy.

It all can be very easily verified with in-game leaderboard.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Finally! I got the trophy. Try now on conquest, maybe the timeframe is open!

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the change to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Network details: Both PS3s NAT2, same network, both wired. No custom router settings, no port forwarding.

Congrats bro, finally!! :D

• Like 1