With My Devil Dogs - still no solution?

2 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

@woggly4 Did u try that method? Want to know whether it's just luck now or if it's a permanent solution.

I can confirm that it works as it should. I just played a round with my dummy to verify and it worked immediately. Server was nearly full (17 players without me) but the squad didn't get split up and the round lasted for around 8 minutes, I joined mid-round.

It's interesting that the matchmaking is insanely quick now. For the last months it took quite a while until the dummy followed the host into the match but now it's pretty much instantly together with the host. Looks like EA really fixed/restarted something. If you can squad up in the menu you almost have the trophy, I'd say. If you can't squad up either of you need to switch to NAT1.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I can confirm that it works as it should. I just played a round with my dummy to verify and it worked immediately. Server was nearly full (17 players without me) but the squad didn't get split up and the round lasted for around 8 minutes, I joined mid-round.

It's interesting that the matchmaking is insanely quick now. For the last months it took quite a while until the dummy followed the host into the match but now it's pretty much instantly together with the host. Looks like EA really fixed/restarted something. If you can squad up in the menu you almost have the trophy, I'd say. If you can't squad up either of you need to switch to NAT1.

Sorry, I meant did u try this message before a couple of days ago?

6 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

Can confirm it's doable with NAT 2 connection with port forwarding method.
I couldn't connect with the other guy so I tried this method and after that my connection type was still showing up as NAT 2 on ps3 but we managed to connect just fine.

i have NAT 2 and didnt use port forwarding and it still worked for me, i dont really know whats going on with this trophy nowadays but i wouldnt wait any longer to get it, try to do it right ASAP, ill be trying this weekend, hopefully will pop, i will tell you more next days

8 hours ago, Ghanupher said:

Need someone from South America to test it (preferably from Argentina), or someone with a NAT Type 1 connection, since I don't own a second PS3.

...Bummer

Hi bro im from there, after i ve tried with my friend who helped me get the trophy with my dummy, getting it with my main account we can try if you like, hes also from Argentina, see you on the battlefield ? im happy for all the people that are getting it now, some of you have been trying for a long time and you have it well deserve it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, REPG_16_netsulli said:

Hi bro im from there, after i ve tried with my friend who helped me get the trophy with my dummy, getting it with my main account we can try if you like, hes also from Argentina, see you on the battlefield 1f60e.png im happy for all the people that are getting it now, some of you have been trying for a long time and you have it well deserve it. 

Hi there, mate! Thanks for the offering and kind words.

Just got the trophy with an "alternative method" (no hacking, of course). Someone helped me out.

Cheers!

Edited by Ghanupher

well well guys i have good news to share with you, i played a couple of hours ago with my main account and got the trophy with my devil dogs in my first match of the day. Go ahead and try with multiple people until they join your squad and then wait for the miracle, take advantage of this window time that has been opened where many people has got it ultimately and cross fingers, once your mate joined your squad, you are good to go, good luck everyone, i ve joined a boosting session taking place on sunday. if you are interested they will be doing kills and awards. see you on the battlefield

8 hours ago, DAGGERDRAVEN said:

I'm trying to get this using 2 ps3s. I can get into a squad with my alt just fine, but the trophy just never unlocks for me. I have tried both modes several times, and still nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just complete luck if you get it or not? 

1 hour ago, woggly4 said:

When was the last time you tried? In the last days over 50 players were able to get it. I'm wondering if it is bugged again or still working.

I tried it with my alt-account, I can confirm it's still working! 

https://psnprofiles.com/Massageknecht

- started a ranked MP game

- invited my "friend" to a squad

- joined a (stable) rush server

- checked if both accounts are in the same squad

- played until the round ended

- trophy popped 

NAT2, both acc within the same network. 

@DAGGERDRAVEN

I am sorry for the bad news ?

• Like 1

On 29/09/2020 at 3:43 AM, DAGGERDRAVEN said:

I'm trying to get this using 2 ps3s. I can get into a squad with my alt just fine, but the trophy just never unlocks for me. I have tried both modes several times, and still nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just complete luck if you get it or not? 

im my case i have to log on psn my alt ps3 first and i join my main after each time. 
both ps3 in wifi and nat2

I've just unlocked "With my Devil Dogs" trophy finally. I'm super jazzed about it.

I used 2 consoles, 1 wired, 1 wireless. NAT 2. Tried on conquest, but no one was playing. Joined on Gold Rush, played a normal game and then it popped when I finished.

Just wanted to thank all those who've kept updating the forum with tips, especially @woggly4. You're a damned legend.

Peace.

Oh wow... ? It really looks like it's broken again. Just tried and didn't get the trophy with an Alt.

Unfortunately, this isn't true anymore either:

On 25.9.2020 at 4:25 PM, woggly4 said:

It's interesting that the matchmaking is insanely quick now. For the last months it took quite a while until the dummy followed the host into the match but now it's pretty much instantly together with the host.

It's back to the situation before that magic time window: When the host joins, the dummy is still in the matchmaking screen, the squad menu disappears and only then it starts to load. It's also pretty hard to get in the same squad again. On all tests during the time window it always paired host and dummy right away.

I'm really wondering what happened last month. ?

I got this yesterday by using the crashes server method. Worked just fine. Was playing normal games before and it didn’t unlock. 

When the server crashes quickly load up gold rush ascension with your Alt in your squad. And win/loose the game extremely quickly before the server crashes. You literally need to win or loose within 3-4 mins 

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd give an update on some of the stuff I've seen going on with the servers since writing up my own app for ealist last year.

First up, basically everything that @woggly4 has said in previous posts has remained true, however a few things have happened since that would probably be of interest to some.

On Jan 25th, there were 3 stable servers. This was the first time that I'd seen 3 servers that were actually stable. The third server seemed to start up around 00:03 (GMT+11) and terminated naturally from players dropping off past 00:26 (GMT+11) on January 25th. I got a screenshot of this as it was happening: https://imgur.com/UaqlvEZ

Also on Feb 9th, there was a server with a location of "na1" (supposedly unstable) that remained up for ~20 minutes and did not crash. I watched as it played out and it looked like the only reason that it died was because everyone had dropped out of it after a while. It was terminated naturally. The only reason that I could think of for it not crashing was that maybe it had enough players for it now to. The server started with 6-7 players, so there might be some logic in their server code that only uses "na1" servers as a backup, and therefore doesn't keep it up if there aren't enough players. It's definitely possible since that could be argued as a cost saving feature, but I have absolutely no evidence to back this up. It's just a theory (a game theory ... sorry). I didn't get a screenshot for this one unfortunately, as I was playing at the time, so feel free to call this out as bs. It's only ever happened once and all subsequent "na1" servers that I've seen have crashed as per usual.

There was also a time today when there were 4 stable servers active, all "gva". @KingSkovald was messing around with his own app and saw that there were 4 stable servers. I confirmed with my own app, and here's a screenshot from that: https://imgur.com/a/SvkLhmH

FYI, they were up for a while before I took that screenshot. After a while, one dropped off and 3 kept going for a while. This screenshot is from right before one of the 3 had died off: https://imgur.com/a/62r48KU

That's all the weird stuff that I've seen happening with the servers since last year. I also mapped out the weird level codenames (that might be the filenames) that ealist returns with the server data to the actual maps themselves. Thought I might just post this as well, since it could be of use to some others who might be writing their own apps:

Spoiler

const goldrushMaps = {
  "Levels/MP_BeachHead_Day1": "Harvest Day",
  "Levels/MP_BeachHead_Day2": "Over and Out",
  "Levels/MP_Harbour_Day1": "Valley Run",
  "Levels/MP_Harbour_Day2": "Deconstruction",
  "Levels/MP_Ignition_Day1": "Oasis",
  "Levels/MP_Ignition_Day2": "Final Ignition",
  "Levels/MP_Monastery_Day1": "End of the Line",
  "Levels/MP_Monastery_Day2": "Ascension",
};
const conquestMaps = {
  "levels/mp_beachhead_day1": "Harvest Day",
  "levels/mp_beachhead_day2": "Crossing Over",
  "levels/mp_harbour_day1": "Par for the Course",
  "levels/mp_harbour_day2": "Ghost Town",
  "levels/mp_ignition_day1": "Oasis",
  "levels/mp_ignition_day2": "Acta Non Verba",
  "levels/mp_monastery_day1": "End of the Line",
  "levels/mp_monastery_day2": "Ascension",
};

Have fun with the grind everyone. Or at least try to .... 3581 kills to go for me ....

Edited by SH06UN5126
spelling
  • Like 2