Uncharted 3 Speed run - Tips required.

Hi everyone,

Gonna do the speed run once I have all the info I need. Are there sections in the game where you can run past battles etc, like in the first two speed runs? And if so could you tell me which chapters etc. 

Cheers in advance. 

EDIT

Never mind. Did it anyway. 03:48.12

Only fight I was really able to avoid was chapter 19 where  you have to blow up the two tanks. Wreck those and then run for the doors at the back.

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Did you figure out any shortcuts? 

The one I know of is in the airport chapter, where you push the jeep, when it slips and crushes, alerting the enemies. I know if you just run to the left and jump over the obstacles that lead to the next section, you will just get a checkpoint and avoid the fight. That can save a minute or a bit less.

Another time saver is to restart the checkpoint after pushing the first jeep to the window up the ramp. Elena takes too much time walking up to you, but after a reset, she is right next to you and ready to push the car. That will also save about 30 seconds.

I did hear that U3 is much more forgivable for the speedrun than it's predecessors. Is it true? I finished the first one with 12 seconds (!) to spare and had about 6 minutes left on the Uncharted 2 speedrun. 

Edited by papert0wng1rl

1 hour ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Did you figure out any shortcuts? 

The one I know of is in the airport chapter, where you push the jeep, when it slips and crushes, alerting the enemies. I know if you just run to the left and jump over the obstacles that lead to the next section, you will just get a checkpoint and avoid the fight. That can save a minute or a bit less.

Another time saver is to restart the checkpoint after pushing the first jeep to the window up the ramp. Elena takes too much time walking up to you, but after a reset, she is right next to you and ready to push the car. That will also save about 30 seconds.

I did hear that U3 is much more forgivable for the speedrun than it's predecessors. Is it true? I finished the first one with 12 seconds (!) to spare and had about 6 minutes left on the Uncharted 2 speedrun. 

Well I never had any shortcuts workout but I did get it done and didn't struggle. Not sure if it will show but try popping on my profile and see if a screen shot saved showing the time I unlocked the trophy in mate. But I think off the top of my head I had at least 30 minutes to spare, but could be confusing it with one of the other games. 

Just looking at my first post, check the edit and the time I did it in. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1