Run like the wind confusion

Cafe-Com-Coca

Good afternoon people.  I recently learned that the "Run Like The Wind" trophy is buggy and cannot be collected.  however in some hacked sections some players have reported that the trophy is still possible.  I wonder if this trophy is collected, and not legitimately, in hacked section.  Is there a risk of banning the site?

3 minutes ago, Cafe-Com-Coca said:

Good afternoon people.  I recently learned that the "Run Like The Wind" trophy is buggy and cannot be collected.  however in some hacked sections some players have reported that the trophy is still possible.  I wonder if this trophy is collected, and not legitimately, in hacked section.  Is there a risk of banning the site?

If you obtain Run Like the Wind since the server shut down, you WILL be flagged and will need to hide the game. IF a white list of trophies becomes a thing, this will be a game that will be allowed.

If you proceed to obtain it, it will need to be hidden to remain on the Leaderboards here on PSNProfiles.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you obtain Run Like the Wind since the server shut down, you WILL be flagged and will need to hide the game. IF a white list of trophies becomes a thing, this will be a game that will be allowed.

If you proceed to obtain it, it will need to be hidden to remain on the Leaderboards here on PSNProfiles.

I will not put in my account any game that is not possible to collect platinum or 100% legitimately.  That's why I asked here.  Thank you.

@DaivRules you are wrong. Run like The Wind is not flagged anymore. I think this is mainly due to the fact that even though it's hackers who put bounties on you, you still have to fulfill the requirements of the trophy to unlock it. Besides that, some users might have also unlocked it legitimately because they might have been put a bounty before the feature was disabled. In that case, going back to the online portion of the game would have granted them the trophy automatically. The status of this trophy has been discussed some time ago in one of the many Run like The Wind topic and it's safe to unlock. With that said, feel free to try and obtain the trophy without any negative impact on the website @Cafe-Com-Coca.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaivRules said:

@Loc_Ops Are you speaking on behalf of the Cheater Removal Team or your interpretations of what you’ve read? Please link to the specific post stating the position you’ve stated above. 

There you go sir, check MMDE's last post here:

• Like 1

Okay, so the current situation with Run Like the Wind is:

a solution atm is that the leveling too fast will be pretty much ignored (PS3 version), the Run Like The Wind trophy will be subject to the white list system and the consequences that comes with when/if that is implemented. This could mean the game won't count in on your stats or something, but you won't need to hide it.”

Obtain the trophy at your own risk.

• Like 2

I think this post and the last post in that topic sum up their stance on this trophy. Basically the trophy is flaggable, but they are using their discretion to ignore reports where players didn't actively seek out modders to give them the trophy. And if a whitelist is implemented, then at that point, all players who earned it illegitimately will be flagged for it.

This is pretty different to what was suggested before - that the trophy is "not flagged anymore".

In all honesty, it is as much flaggable as this RDR trophy which has never been taken into consideration. I'm talking about the hacked lobbies that allowed you to hit max rank in 1h (no, it's not a glitch). As for RLTW, it's almost impossible to tell whether someone got it legit thanks to an old bounty or through a modder in a public lobby...that's why it would make no sense to flag all those who got the trophy after the feature was disabled. Besides that, for consistency reason, if RLTW were to be flagged, RDR online trophies would have to be flagged as well.

18 hours ago, Loc_Ops said:

In all honesty, it is as much flaggable as this RDR trophy which has never been taken into consideration. I'm talking about the hacked lobbies that allowed you to hit max rank in 1h (no, it's not a glitch). As for RLTW, it's almost impossible to tell whether someone got it legit thanks to an old bounty or through a modder in a public lobby...that's why it would make no sense to flag all those who got the trophy after the feature was disabled. Besides that, for consistency reason, if RLTW were to be flagged, RDR online trophies would have to be flagged as well.

In RDR you can do the level ups normal too. Grinding XP in private games without the patch takes a little time but is not too bad. I spent about two (boring) afternoons on it. Also, if you were to compare that with something it would be the instant level-ups in GTA 5. And even those are usually ignored on PS3 version as far as I know (but I would like to be told I'm wrong in this case).

But the whole GTA 5 flagging is a bit of a mess and far to arbitrary to my liking. If they find out you were actively looking for a hacker to put a bounty on you, then you get flagged. So basically you can hack this trophy as long as you are being stealthy about it. That's a really weird consequence of this whole situation in my opinion.

Personally I find trophy hunters who get RLTW now far more suspicious than people joining hacked black ops lobbies. But oh well, glad I'm not on the flagging team I guess ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

But oh well, glad I'm not on the flagging team I guess ;)

That's what I think about run like the win. I am against hacking or people who just say *stupid voice* 'How can it be my fault if some1 else hacks my trophy?' *stupid voice end* About run like the win.... if you have to acctually do what the trophy was meant for then it's difficult to say wether the trophy should be flagged or not. It's hacking yes but you are maybe still doing the stuff which you had to do for the trophy. So good luck Hacker team

That's where I disagree. You are not hacking anything. You receive a bounty from a hacker and you still have to survive 50 minutes in-game. In the end it's all Rockstar's fault. They refuse to fix it because they don't get anything out of it and we, the trophy hunters, always end up as being the victims. I'm tired of this disinterest shown by companies when it comes to fixing things. I already have some unobtainables that could have been easily avoided if companies had taken care of their games...but this time I wasn't gonna let it happen. While it may not be a fully legit way to get this trophy, at least it's still acceptable to me. Hackers first caused the bounties to be disabled but at least they are still placing them on randoms...

• Like 1

I really want to get all the gta platinums but this trophy is worrying me. Lots of people have got it this year so idk if there's a reasonable solution or not still. I don't want to have my psnp account banned or my gta v trophies hidden or anything like that.

If you just happen to find a lobby with a modder who does it, would that be bannable or anything or is there really no way to get it? When i start online, i was planning on only playing in solo sessions until level 100 just so i don't get ranked up instantly and get those trophies. 

I've read around but it's hard to find a clear answer, it's a pretty grey area. Basically, if you get the trophy now, is anything going to happen to your account or is it safe to server hop and hope you get a bounty or something?

If you want the PS3 platinum and haven't gotten that trophy, it's currently unobtainable. Don't try to seek to get the trophy, because then you risk getting flagged for it. Everyone who gets it might at some point have the entire game not count on their stats, and if they are caught seeking the trophy and getting it that way, they'll get flagged for it.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Loc_Ops said:

Instead of opening a new thread every time to ask the same questions about RLTW just read the other topics or post your question there. There are at least 4-5 threads talking about the same thing...

Image result for invented google meme

^^^THIS still boggles people.

If they can't figure out to use THIS^^ for normal every questions, do you really think they will have the wherewithal to use a website search engine???

2 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Image result for invented google meme

^^^THIS still boggles people.

If they can't figure out to use THIS^^ for normal every questions, do you really think they will have the wherewithal to use a website search engine???

They don't even have to search for anything ?...as soon as you open the GTA V forum section you'll see plenty of threads named "Run Like The Wind something"...

20 minutes ago, Loc_Ops said:

They don't even have to search for anything 1f602.png...as soon as you open the GTA V forum section you'll see plenty of threads named "Run Like The Wind something"...

Someone who only has two posts, both in this thread and has been a forum member for two months was unlikely to have navigated that way to make the thread.

Either way, it’s not going to change. The best course of action when you see such a new member doing this is just giving them some helpful advice on how to use the site better in the future.

This is of course avoiding my gripe of still not having a clear and concise standpoint. Even in this thread, there is an implied answer, but it’s still not as clear as it should be. I don’t know why the answer isn’t just “you will be flagged for obtaining RLTW after the server shutdown date until further notice.”

• Like 1