Cafe-Com-Coca

Run like the wind confusion

55 posts in this topic

Exactly, Daiv. I did look at the other posts but since all the latest achievers are from 2019 and the fact i didn't find an explicit yes or no answer, i made the post to see if there was any current news on it. 

I've just decided to forget about it and add it to the list of other unobtainable plats i have. I'm sure if there was a proper answer, there wouldn't be so many posts about it too. Hopefully something is worked out eventually so i'll be able to get all the gta plats for my cabinet but i have too many unobtainable plats for it to matter anymore.

Sorry for adding to the headache, grimy. My thought is that because you technically could still get it legit if you had a bounty before it got removed and haven't played since, as well as how you could unwillingly get a bounty put on you at random, i don't think it should be flagged. It would just make it easier since not everyone who's gotten it recently necessarily cheated it, so instead of having to figure out how everyone got it, you just don't have to worry about it anymore. 

I don't know if this would be allowed or anything but you could just keep changing servers until there's a modder and be lucky to get a bounty or something. I know you could just message them, which i wouldn't, but still. It'd kind of be like trying to get an npc to give you a bounty or something like that. 

Not trying to persuade you or anything, that's just my thought. 

27 minutes ago, mx_bluee said:

Sorry for adding to the headache, grimy. My thought is that because you technically could still get it legit if you had a bounty before it got removed and haven't played since, as well as how you could unwillingly get a bounty put on you at random, i don't think it should be flagged. It would just make it easier since not everyone who's gotten it recently necessarily cheated it, so instead of having to figure out how everyone got it, you just don't have to worry about it anymore. 

I don't know if this would be allowed or anything but you could just keep changing servers until there's a modder and be lucky to get a bounty or something. I know you could just message them, which i wouldn't, but still. It'd kind of be like trying to get an npc to give you a bounty or something like that. 

Not trying to persuade you or anything, that's just my thought. 

I've been on the record on how I feel about this particular trophy for a while.  I don't flag folks on this game, unless they blatantly hack the trophies (messing up story trophies etc).  If you feel like playing the game, go for it.  I'm saying I'm not going to flag this game, should someone try to report you.  If folks have a problem with that, IDC LOL

Edited by grimydawg

On 8/19/2019 at 0:54 AM, mx_bluee said:

snip

This website really needs a whitelist feature. None of the flag team really want / like to hand out flags for this game.

However, you'll be flagged if one or more of the following occurs:

• You cheated offline GTA V trophies.
  • You personally used CFW.
  • Proof provided that "extreme" interaction with modders happens.

If the whitelist function ever happens, everybody benefiting from someone's modded bounty will be soft flagged for the game with near 100% certainty. (Depending on how it works)

There is merit in both the pro flag groups and the anti flag groups arguments which are "it's not fair to people who earned it legitimately" vs "people should still be allowed to play a game without fear etc". The best compromise is a whitelist.

Edited by B1rvine

10 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Trophy hunters who know it's impossible to earn beforehand, with the goal of getting 100% or platinum before starting, really shouldn't fall under this protection. 

What are you going to do? Get a trained psychologist on the cheater team and get them to interrogate people to see if they knew about the trophy being unobtainable or not?

If it's whitelisted for some people, it should be whitelisted for all.

On 8/19/2019 at 1:55 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

If it's whitelisted for some people, it should be whitelisted for all.

It would be, of course.

Edit: I'm not implying a whitelist shouldn't protect everybody, I'm just frustrated with the hypocrites who want to use this situation to their benefit.

Edited by B1rvine

17 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It would be, of course.

You can replace whitelisted by 'flagged' to be honest. That some people can feign ignorance and can escape with this trophy while others are flagged boggles the mind.

Welcome to Trophy Korea, please attach your brain to our thought scanner. No don't worry about it, just think what you always think! 👁️👁️

Stop making a fuss about it. As I said before, this trophy is not flaggable considering that some players have actually received a bounty before the feature was disabled, thus granting them the trophy automatically as soon as they launched the online portion even after it became unobtainable. On the other hand, if you really want to consider flagging this trophy then go ahead, but please make sure you also flag all those who got How The West Was Won from RDR in 1 hour...my point is just to prove that some trophies should be ignored given that it's almost impossible to determine the circumstances that led to the trophy unlock so please enough with the pointless talk and focus on trophies that are actually hacked...

On 19.08.2019 at 8:41 AM, B1rvine said:

It's not fair to people who earned it legitimately

Who determines this? For example, as a person who earned RLTW legitimately myself I don’t find any unfairness in people getting that trophy today by doing the exact same thing (survive 48 minutes online with a bounty on their head) as I did 5+ years ago.

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

Who determines this?

I'd imagine if the feature ever gets implemented the flag team would have an option to hit "whitelist" instead of "cheat." It's possible it would be an automated process, but that's probably not the way to go, since we're not only talking about GTA V when it comes to needing a whitelist. As of right now, its wishful thinking.

As the existing rules are laid out, anyone who benefits from CFW, which they would by getting the bounty placed on them, has cheated. Technically, everyone should be flagged, but we don't want to go that route. Regardless of your opinion, people earning this are in violation of the leaderboard rules, so a whitelist is the fair thing to do for this game and others with similar problems. You seem to acknowledge they're earning it differently since you mention you did it legitimately.

On 8/19/2019 at 2:58 AM, Loc_Ops said:

snip

TBH, you'd have your stats on the whitelist category.

Edited by B1rvine

@B1rvine seems like you didn't read my post if you keep saying that "technically everyone should be flagged" and "people earning this are in violation of the leaderboard rules". I even put the sentence in bold letters, thought it was clear enough.

17 hours ago, B1rvine said:

You seem to acknowledge they're earning it differently since you mention you did it legitimately.

Nope, I just used the word “legitimately” because it was in the quoted part of your post I was replying to, to show that you shouldn’t speak on behalf of every person you put into that “legitimate owners of RLTW” category.

And speaking of “earning it differently”. Trophy requirement itself is pretty clear: “Survive with a Bounty on your head”, notGet bounty and survive…”. So unless CFW or mod menu was used to unlock that trophy instantly without surviving part, I don’t see what exactly is “not fair” to me in case of some person earning RLTW today by fulfilling that requirement.

@Se7en I said I'm not going to flag people for this.  To my knowledge, you still have to survive 48 straight minutes (I think?) online.

9 hours ago, grimydawg said:

@Se7en I said I'm not going to flag people for this.  To my knowledge, you still have to survive 48 straight minutes (I think?) online.

Correct. Regardless of how you get your bounty, you still have to fulfill the requirements for the trophy, that is, surviving 48 minutes straight. As soon as you are placed the bounty you can also go to a private session and survive there.

Edited by Loc_Ops

20 hours ago, Se7en said:

Nope, I just used the word “legitimately” because it was in the quoted part of your post I was replying to, to show that you shouldn’t speak on behalf of every person you put into that “legitimate owners of RLTW” category.

And speaking of “earning it differently”. Trophy requirement itself is pretty clear: “Survive with a Bounty on your head”, notGet bounty and survive…”. So unless CFW or mod menu was used to unlock that trophy instantly without surviving part, I don’t see what exactly is “not fair” to me in case of some person earning RLTW today by fulfilling that requirement.

We're not going to discuss the logic behind the validity of this trophy. It's not legitimate, as per the current rules, hence why the whitelist discussion even exists. Regardless, I'm with Grimydawg, and I personally won't flag people either, unless it's proven they're intentionally hacked. As I already stated, if the whitelist function comes to fruition, people earning impossibly fast rank trophies / RLTW will be placed on the whitelist.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:00 AM, Loc_Ops said:

@B1rvine seems like you didn't read my post if you keep saying that.

I read your post, and it doesn't apply to what we're discussing. This isn't about the people who had a bounty on them prior to the function being removed and logging in after so long, its about people who started after the bounty function was removed, or other provable cases where enough online time would have occurred.

9 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I read your post, and it doesn't apply to what we're discussing. This isn't about the people who had a bounty on them prior to the function being removed and logging in after so long, its about people who started after the bounty function was removed, or other provable cases where enough online time would have occurred.

Ok but what I wanted to say is that, among those who got the trophy after the feature was disabled, there are also those who fall into the category described above, therefore it's impossible to tell whether one unlocked the trophy thanks to an old bounty or if they got one placed by a hacker. In any case, it seems like you've already shared your thoughts about this trophy and I understand that.

Edited by Loc_Ops

If I load up my game right now and get the trophy because I previously had the bounty ( I’m pretty sure I do ) I won’t get flagged right?

3 hours ago, rayjenjoeryry_jr said:

If I load up my game right now and get the trophy because I previously had the bounty ( I’m pretty sure I do ) I won’t get flagged right?

Yes, you will be flagged for it. I'd suggest not doing that.

12 hours ago, rayjenjoeryry_jr said:

You won’t get flagged for RLTW if the bounty on your online character was set before April 11, 2017.

8 hours ago, Nitro said:

Yes, you will be flagged for it.

Not necessary.

Posted (edited)

Theres not really anyway to prove it as far as I know and that's what the problem is. Theres nothing to have stopped you loading in getting one, logging out and back in and recording yourself doing it on CC or with Phone (could be wrong but AFAIK) You would be best asking a member of the CRT by looking up the staff member directory, messaging them and getting the word straight from them.

Here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

Also don't worry if they don't get back to you instantly, none are online and they all have FT jobs, families etc. Be patient 😉.

Mostly as you will just get a bunch of yes and no answers in here and ultimately you would end up just taking the answer that suits your intentions, as we all would. Good luck.

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T
Adding link for OP, if needed.

yea I talked to one anf he said I would be okay and I wouldint get flagged because I have trophys from before they removed the bountys so its possible for me to get it.

I keep seeing players getting this unobtainable trophy and they are still on the leaderboards. How is this trophy an exception?

On 06-05-2020 at 5:09 PM, ribbed_tissue said:

I keep seeing players getting this unobtainable trophy and they are still on the leaderboards. How is this trophy an exception?

Yeah... Weird.

PS: I hate Rockstar for this. In my old account, I have both platinums on PS3 and PS4 before this "No bounty BS".

Posted (edited)

How they still get this trophy?

Edited by zoroluffy7
Wrong question