Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

1 hour ago, OulZac said:

What am I missing to get the Prisoner ending? Rejecting the mask? Or making different choices to anger Lucien when holding the gun on him and not shooting him?

SPOILER for the endings:

You have to lower the the gun and not shoot Lucien... but you should kill someone before doing that, so he thinks you‘re crazy and instead of just hugging you and welcoming you to the family he injects you with a sedative and you get the prisoner ending. At least that‘s how I got it! :) 

(Sorry if my grammar is scrambled, it‘s late and English is not my first language.)

Edited by anotherfangirl
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

I completed my first run.  Only earned four trophies.

You will get all the trophies eventually, there are some helpful youtube videos online and a lot of very helpful comments here in this thread.

I love this game so much I just bought the US version so I can play it all over again. I played through the EU version ten times (you can do it a lot faster than that).

So I read through this entire thread (twice) and played through the game 5 times. I've managed to get almost all trophies and unlocked "Thank You" on my fifth playthrough. My 5 endings were Prisoner (reject Lucien), Into the Moonlight (burn Delphi House), The Butterfly (wear the mask), Happy Family (trust Lucien) and choosing to reject the mask at the end. I still haven't unlocked the Not Alone trophy, so that doesn't seem to be a required ending for Thank You. Also, I somehow unlocked Botanist on my fifth playthrough even though I didn't collect any extra petal that I noticed.

I have three trophies left, the aforementioned Not Alone (I guess you befriend the girls and choose to burn the house?), Subliminal (I think you unlock this in the same place you discover Hannah's body) and Paperwork. I feel like I've tried nearly every option so I don't want to waste another playthrough until I know which document(s) I'm missing. I found the two in Blake's car (glove compartment and sun visor), are there any other hard-to-find ones you can think of? I feel like there were a few options in the Kirsten BFF route that I may not have explored yet, but I just want to make sure if someone has compiled a list first. Thanks.

Edit: Ah, I found a video on YouTube. I'll review it and see if I can confirm what I'm missing.

Edit 2: 

I hate video guides, so here's a text list of all missable documents:

-3 documents in the back side office after answering the phone when you first arrive at Delphi House (letter in typewriter, notepad in top left drawer and mother's file after you get the key)

-on Hannah's BFF route, choose to get the matches, the confidential file on top

-on Hannah's BFF route (separate playthrough), choose to get the matches, the newspaper clipping in the left drawer

-follow Blake into the neighbor apartment, go into bathroom (on the left), choose to examine the body (NOT the head), there is a shred of paper in his shirt pocket

-after Erica's nosebleed episode, go downstairs (don't look out window), get drawing from Chief Inspector's hand, plus notebook in drawer

-trust Blake, get notepad from glove compartment in car

-trust Blake (separate playthrough), get notebook from sun visor in car

Turns out I am definitely missing the one from the body in the neighbor's apartment. Should be able to nab the platinum by sunup.

Edited by bud-arc

On 8/21/2019 at 5:26 AM, TwiceOnSundays said:

Does anyone know where the 4 fox sightings are? I've got 2 so far. One after sneaking out the window near the start then another from looking out the window when you have the nosebleed.

I'm assuming they add together through different playthroughs. I got the gold for finding all the seals that way. 

When do you get the opportunity to sneak out the window?

I managed to get the plat on my 6th playthrough. Really enjoyed the game, now I can sleep well.

1 hour ago, LordBilbanes said:

When do you get the opportunity to sneak out the window?

If you take the phone call at Delphi House and go into the back office, then take the key from the right desk drawer, turn off the radio and grab the file from the locked room. There will be a timed event where you can escape from the window (required for S Ranking trophy). Alternatively, you can get the same fox sighting just by simply exiting the front door after receiving the call.

Edited by bud-arc

If you're still missing the Botanist trophy, try checking the small fridge in your neighbor's flat, where Steinbeck is (it's just under the hole in the wall).

For those waiting for platinum walkthrough videos, they are uploading now ^-^

53 minutes ago, Velvet said:

If you're still missing the Botanist trophy, try checking the small fridge in your neighbor's flat, where Steinbeck is (it's just under the hole in the wall).

For those waiting for platinum walkthrough videos, they are uploading now ^-^

ETA for the upload?

Is it split into the different walk-through paths? I'm looking forward to this! 

4 hours ago, bud-arc said:

So I read through this entire thread (twice) and played through the game 5 times. I've managed to get almost all trophies and unlocked "Thank You" on my fifth playthrough. 

So it’s safe to say that it’ll take 5-6 playthroughs for the plat? Looks like it could be shorter if you make backup saves? Just a theory I’m throwing out there. 

13 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

So it’s safe to say that it’ll take 5-6 playthroughs for the plat? Looks like it could be shorter if you make backup saves? Just a theory I’m throwing out there. 

Well you need all endings for a trophy so  backup save might not work.

Ugh. I can not get Fall Out Girl and We Need To Talk to pop. I've tried the advice of two different "solutions" for both posted in here and neither worked for me. Anyone have full walkthroughs for those? I think I might have messed up on the we need to talk because I never took a phone call from Greene? I checked the masks at the beginning (maybe you should spy on the chief convo instead?), took the therapy, hung out with Kristie, got the note off dude in apartment, said the drawing looked like her, and said she must be faking (do you need to say lying?). Something is missing for me in this one. I think maybe taking a phone call? Or how you answer certain people or something?

And the mean girls I have no idea. I've tried walking on carpet, confronting Tobi, not calming and letting Tobi get the sedative because she bear hugs the screaming Kristi. But I'm not sure if the response after that matters. Or if your supposed to tell Kristi to get help.

Then I've tried hanging with Kristi and trashing Hannahs perfume. Which to mean means I've annoyed each of them. Carpet, confront smoking/getting sedated/ and not taking her perfume. I've then also tried hanging with Hannah so I can slap Tobi, and then deflect Hannah in her bed when she asks about the stalker. That didn't work either. So do you have to hang out with Tobi and try to console her to make her angry, and then trash Hannah's perfume. Is that the only way?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IDJvsTHEWORLD said:

ETA for the upload?

Is it split into the different walk-through paths? I'm looking forward to this! 

4 Videos - 1st one is playthrough 1, 2nd is playthrough 2, 3rd is playthrough 3, and 4th is playthrough for (Backstabber route) and just the minimal notes needed for runs 5 and 6 - tried to split them up so if you don't do it all in one go, you don't lose your place. I've read it's possible to get the plat done in just 5, but I didn't test it as the collectibles lined up with the endings for me. 

EDIT: ETA is about half an hour for the final one. 

Edited by Velvet

Just completed my second playthrough - had 7 trophies this time around compared to five in my first go.  It's gonna get harder as it goes along trying to remember what options lead where and which ones I've already done - I messed up on my last go as I didn't want to burn the place this time around.  Oh well, lucky I enjoy the game, eh?

2 hours ago, OulZac said:

Ugh. I can not get Fall Out Girl and We Need To Talk to pop. I've tried the advice of two different "solutions" for both posted in here and neither worked for me. Anyone have full walkthroughs for those? I think I might have messed up on the we need to talk because I never took a phone call from Greene? I checked the masks at the beginning (maybe you should spy on the chief convo instead?), took the therapy, hung out with Kristie, got the note off dude in apartment, said the drawing looked like her, and said she must be faking (do you need to say lying?). Something is missing for me in this one. I think maybe taking a phone call? Or how you answer certain people or something?

And the mean girls I have no idea. I've tried walking on carpet, confronting Tobi, not calming and letting Tobi get the sedative because she bear hugs the screaming Kristi. But I'm not sure if the response after that matters. Or if your supposed to tell Kristi to get help.

Then I've tried hanging with Kristi and trashing Hannahs perfume. Which to mean means I've annoyed each of them. Carpet, confront smoking/getting sedated/ and not taking her perfume. I've then also tried hanging with Hannah so I can slap Tobi, and then deflect Hannah in her bed when she asks about the stalker. That didn't work either. So do you have to hang out with Tobi and try to console her to make her angry, and then trash Hannah's perfume. Is that the only way?

this one is easy cofront tobi walk on the carpet join tobi timeline and defy her first option second one comfort she will goes mad and the trophy will be yours at the finish line btw way you will be forced to kristien time line try to annoy her and kill tobi

5 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

The game keeps track of all endings, so you can't backup and reload. Another user in this thread got messed up keeping track of everything when they tried this too. 

5 hours ago, OulZac said:

Ugh. I can not get Fall Out Girl and We Need To Talk to pop.

I had problems with these, too. For We Need to Talk, I got it on the same playthrough where I got S Ranking (going to the office and stealing the file) and Keeping the Peace (comforting Kirstie, his daughter, by telling her to "Get help" when she starts freaking out over the bloody piano). Not sure if either of those had anything to do with it, but I was finally able to get the chief to spill the tea after telling Lucien and Blake "You're lying" when they show you Greene's deceased photos.

For Fall Out Girl, this is what I did specifically. Walked on the carpet, confronted Tobi, stayed quiet when Hannah talked to me, didn't stop Kirstie from freaking out or Tobi from getting tranquilized. When choosing which girl to hang out with, I chose Tobi but was very distant with her and didn't drink the alcohol. Then I chose to leave, went back to my room and challenged Hannah, refused the perfume and binned it. When Hannah is dying and tells you about the box with flower petals, refuse to hand it over to Tobi and slap her (Impulsive trophy). Later on, when confronting Ballard, I chose to shoot her (click on the gun instead of any of the text options), acted guilty when Kirstie caught me red-handed, then killed Tobi by administering the wrong drug (oleander or lidocaine) and chose guilty when Kirstie confronted me. I think that guarantees you'll walk out with no friends, so after that you can choose the burn everything ending or putting on the mask at the end (I also got No Survivors on this playthrough).

Also, I just want to say for the record that both actresses are beautiful (the original one looks a little like Cate Blanchett, the new one looks like Emilia Clarke), but how do we go about getting an updated banner/trophy cards for this game?

Edited by bud-arc

So I need to replay the game another 5 times to get the Thank you trophy because I used saves to get some of them? -_____- FML. Next time I'll just wait until a guide because this is not funny at all :( I loved the game but all the missables and requirement for some trophies are serious bs.

9 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

What is this about a "secret option" to kill Ballard? I can't figure this out at all. You only get one chance to hover the gun over her and nothing happens.

You get three opportunities to shoot Ballard when confronting her in the lab with Tobi. Instead of picking any of the dialogue options, just choose the gun instead (it will highlight when you hover over it). You can do the same thing with Lucien in the end and shoot him early without exhausting all of the dialogue.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

SPOILER for the endings:

You have to lower the the gun and not shoot Lucien... but you should kill someone before doing that, so he thinks you‘re crazy and instead of just hugging you and welcoming you to the family he injects you with a sedative and you get the prisoner ending. At least that‘s how I got it! :) 

(Sorry if my grammar is scrambled, it‘s late and English is not my first language.)

i've got he trophy all ending without seeing this one interesting. i think you can get prisoner ending by lower the gun then reject lucien.

6 hours ago, OulZac said:

Spy on the chief at the beginning. Use negative answers for Lucien and Blake convos. This should trigger the We need to talk scene. :)

About the THANK YOU trophy.

DO NOT USE SAVE BACKUP!!!

I screwed things up with it and had to replay the game 6x times AGAIN. 

I'll list you all the endings & requirements for them:

Spoiler

#1: Into the Moonlight:

- do not befriend Kirstie, kill Tobi, kill Lucien, burn down Delphi house.

#2: Not Alone

- befriend Kirstie, save Tobi (medicine that starts with E), kill Lucien, burn down Delphi house

- befriend Kirstie, kill Tobi, burn down Delphi house

# The Butterfly 

- kill Lucien, inhale the fragrance, accept the mask

#4: Prisoner

- you have to kill at least 1 person, during the convo admit you're sick. Reject trusting him. Lucien will then sedate you, this will trigger the Prisoner Ending

#5: Happy Family

Make sure to NOT KILL ANYONE. Drop the gun when he asks you to do so. Accept his offer. This should trigger the Happy Family ending.

8 minutes ago, Kitsune said:

Spy on the chief at the beginning. Use negative answers for Lucien and Blake convos. This should trigger the We need to talk scene. :)

About the THANK YOU trophy.

DO NOT USE SAVE BACKUP!!!

I screwed things up with it and had to replay the game 6x times AGAIN. 

I'll list you all the endings & requirements for them:

Reveal hidden contents

#1: Into the Moonlight:

- do not befriend Kirstie, kill Tobi, kill Lucien, burn down Delphi house.

#2: Not Alone

- befriend Kirstie, save Tobi (medicine that starts with E), kill Lucien, burn down Delphi house

- befriend Kirstie, kill Tobi, burn down Delphi house

# The Butterfly 

- kill Lucien, inhale the fragrance, accept the mask

#4: Prisoner

- you have to kill at least 1 person, during the convo admit you're sick. Reject trusting him. Lucien will then sedate you, this will trigger the Prisoner Ending

#5: Happy Family

Make sure to NOT KILL ANYONE. Drop the gun when he asks you to do so. Accept his offer. This should trigger the Happy Family ending.

Actually I just got it a bit ago. Spying on him is not required. What is required is getting the code for the code book. Which can be gotten in two different places. 1. taking the phone call, then going into the office and looking in the left drawer. This negates spying on him. 2. Following Blake into the apartment and finding it in the pocket on the body. And you have to refuse therapy. You also have to be nice to Kristie at all times and hang out with her, asking her all the questions you can. Nothing else I did worked. Only by doing those things was I able to get it. It was the last damn trophy I needed, and it ended up taking me 5 extra playthroughs to get it right.

Also about the endings, Not alone doesn't count. Rejecting the mask is what is required. Which is why it took me six completes to get Thank You.

Edited by OulZac

1 minute ago, OulZac said:

Actually I just got it a bit ago. Spying on him is not required. What is required is getting the code for the code book. Which can be gotten in two different places. 1. taking the phone call, then going into the office and looking in the left drawer. This negates spying on him. 2. Following Blake into the apartment and finding it in the pocket on the body. And you have to refuse therapy. You also have to be nice to Kristie at all times and hang out with her, asking her all the questions you can. Nothing else I did worked. Only by doing those things was I able to get it. It was the last damn trophy I needed, and it ended up taking me 5 extra playthroughs to get it right.

That's funny because I'm pretty sure that I did none of the things you did, except for refusing the therapy (this step is important to getting the trophy I think). I also figured out that you can either befriend Tobi or Kirstie for this to work.