About Destiny 2 : Shadowkeep

Bitter_Dill

37 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Just used Remote Play and saw that the update has downloaded and installed on my PS4.  Right now still no new trophies.  Will Bungie wait until it goes live tomorrow to reveal them?  1f914.png  

Of course it's possible they have yet another update coming but it doesn't seem like it based on what they're saying about preloading the patch and getting it ready. Seems more likely to me that they just didn't add any trophies. They have no retail release this time, plus they have their own cross-platform triumph system, which effectively provides the same function as trophies with much more flexibility.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Of course it's possible they have yet another update coming but it doesn't seem like it based on what they're saying about preloading the patch and getting it ready. Seems more likely to me that they just didn't add any trophies. They have no retail release this time, plus they have their own cross-platform triumph system, which effectively provides the same function as trophies with much more flexibility.

That's very true.  Their built in triumph system does provide much more flexibility across all platforms.  Never thought of it that way.  We'll still have to wait for launch to be certain, but like I was telling a friend, I'd be more inclined to play WITHOUT trophies.  The way they are doing the new content, especially with the season ranks, doesn't lend itself well to trophies, at least in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

That's very true.  Their built in triumph system does provide much more flexibility across all platforms.  Never thought of it that way.  We'll still have to wait for launch to be certain, but like I was telling a friend, I'd be more inclined to play WITHOUT trophies.  The way they are doing the new content, especially with the season ranks, doesn't lend itself well to trophies, at least in my opinion.

I agree I was very concerned when they were talking about seasons and a 5-year plan. Would be a nightmare for trophy hunters, but great for fans that constantly play the game.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

4 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Still no trophies? 1f914.png

I hope it stays like this and won't change for the upcoming five years. Imagine they put a trophy list at the very end for the last expansion in five years and you would have to buy all previous ones to be able to earn them lol

Could just move on..

17 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Shadowkeep is now live and... it doesn't look like it has any trophies!

I'm guessing they will utilize the Triumph system instead for the remainder of the game's lifespan.

And on another note, Killing Floor 2 has another DLC trophy.  1f644.png

what a shame. was really looking forward for new trophies. :(

17 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Shadowkeep is now live and... it doesn't look like it has any trophies!

I'm guessing they will utilize the Triumph system instead for the remainder of the game's lifespan.

And on another note, Killing Floor 2 has another DLC trophy.  1f644.png

Nice! I'm not even mad. I wanted to break away from Destiny 2, it is a soul sucking game trying to do all those triumphs. Before you know it you hate yourself and didn't enjoy a single minute of it. I think I lost years on my life going for Not Forgotten last season. Now I can pick up Code Vein and spend the rest of October catching up on games.

• Like 3

On 19.8.2019 at 5:20 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I pray to the video game gods that it's just playing through the story and complete the raid. 

I honestly couldn't grind something like a triumph seal again. Forsaken was way tooo much time investment 

Seems like my prayer was heard ?

No joke, I'm so glad I don't have to grind another seal for like 100 hours or something like that. Too many other and better games to play 

• Like 1