I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l

This game is hard!

24 posts in this topic

I'm a fairly good gamer, but I can't even get into the top ten let alone win! What am I doing wrong, cause I'm crashing and falling all over the place 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is your first time play motocross game, you need to get used to the control mechanism, it is somewhat different compare to other racing game. If you have hard time, lower the difficulty and turn on assistant.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GTA_Darren said:

If this is your first time play motocross game, you need to get used to the control mechanism, it is somewhat different compare to other racing game. If you have hard time, lower the difficulty and turn on assistant.

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty, but it's just really frustrating 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problems. I managed to get into the top 4 and then I hit a fucking post and it was all over for me, because I couldn't reverse.

Then I got into the top 10 and some wacky physics shit happened to me and I placed 22nd.

 

I'm not bad at games, and I'm pretty decent at racing titles in general but this is just absurd.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2019 at 5:39 PM, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

I'm a fairly good gamer, but I can't even get into the top ten let alone win! What am I doing wrong, cause I'm crashing and falling all over the place 

Can't help you with the falling off, but, I wonder, are you using the default bike setup? I was lucky to get 16th when I started out, but if you use 'Retire from race' in career, you'll likely be awarded a 1st - 4th place. Won't help get any trophies, but what it will do is give you a load of money for little effort. Once you've got around 100k, buy the best exhaust and new tyres, which will massively improve your speed/acceleration and handling.

Once I'd bought those I won 3 and finished 4th in the races I did. Annoyingly this placed me 2nd in the East Championship after all those rubbish runs early on. That's no big deal, though, I'll just have to to win the West instead.

Of course, this is probably a bit late for you, but given this is on PS+ this month I hope this advice helps some newcomers (like me!) to the game. ;)

PS

I should probably add, you can upgrade the suspension and rims to increase handling even further. I only mentioned two, because that's all you need to do to get in to first place on Easy. No point in wasting time; you can get winning and add the others later as you earn the money.

Edited by Xemik
Added PS
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also i huge help if you don't care about playing fair to say and want a easy platinum, you can rewind at any time with R1. This makes it much easier and will likely win every race with it. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 4:47 PM, KTILLA23 said:

Also i huge help if you don't care about playing fair to say and want a easy platinum, you can rewind at any time with R1. This makes it much easier and will likely win every race with it. 

Yeah I randomly figured that out, I'd never played any motocross games until that point 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those still having issues with this.. I am the type of player who apparently lays off the throttle completely in air for some reason. Well this slows you way down since it causes you to stick and stop on landing. Once I started keeping my throttle pulled back through the entire jump I was killing the AI. You can use the stick mechanic to your advantage too on jumps ending close to a tight turn.

 

Should have been more obvious to me but I thought I'd share in case others were struggling to even compete against AI set to very easy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many people have give up on this and many other racing games thinking it's hard but it's actually their R2 button that's broken. I wouldn't be surprised if every V1 pad suffers from the sensitivity issue. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend not speeding on turns until you hit like the middle of it, and don't keep always throttling, the AI keeps crashing so it's pretty ok to get positions

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 1:11 PM, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty, but it's just really frustrating 

Take some time to learn it, it will become easy

Princejeffy.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I wonder how many people have give up on this and many other racing games thinking it's hard but it's actually their R2 button that's broken. I wouldn't be surprised if every V1 pad suffers from the sensitivity issue. 


I remember this being a problem in the Grand Tour game as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lay off your throttle every time before you going up a hill.. you will rather want to stick at the road rather than flying in the air, because being on air is very slow and time consuming.. don't jump unless you have to or the jump can actually benefit more that stick on road(like when there's many tiny hills ahead).

 

Seriously, this game is pretty no-brainer.. because the rewind can actually change the tide every time you messed up, rewind, brake more, then you are good to go.. you can almost win by more than a lap over the 2nd npc on the easiest setting.. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JunPei_TGB said:

lay off your throttle every time before you going up a hill.. you will rather want to stick at the road rather than flying in the air, because being on air is very slow and time consuming.. don't jump unless you have to or the jump can actually benefit more that stick on road(like when there's many tiny hills ahead).

 

Seriously, this game is pretty no-brainer.. because the rewind can actually change the tide every time you messed up, rewind, brake more, then you are good to go.. you can almost win by more than a lap over the 2nd npc on the easiest setting.. 

 

In fact it's even easier than that. When I first tried this game I finished 16th in the tutorial level on Easiest difficulty. I was like "wtf is this?! How hard is this game?". Fast forward 3 hours later and I'm finishing 1st having a lead up to a lap on the 2nd one, driving on realistic difficulty. The key is indeed managing your throttle and shift your weight in every corner, even when it's on automatic setting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this game is shyt to be honest. i have it on the easiest setting and a fully upgraded bike and i can still come in last lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

this game is shyt to be honest. i have it on the easiest setting and a fully upgraded bike and i can still come in last lol


I am not an expert on racers but the game is really quite easy.  Miss a turn, wreck, or get stuck?  Simply use the rewind feature.      I think it might have unlimited use too.
 

Most who found this game hard were not aware of the feature, but it lowers the difficulty to a 2 out of 10.  My guess is that you were probably not aware of it!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i found something that works better. for some reason while playing career or anything else i do awful. for all the main event trophies where you have to win on individual tracks, i played them on championship and added them to the list of races. i have no clue why but in that mode i absolute crush people. im winning races up to +10 seconds ahead of the 2nd position. so i would def recomend that for people struggling

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last motocross game I've played was Excitebike on NES (😆), so not by any means I am a fan of this kind of sport. However, I found this game to be extremely fun and engaging to play, and it doesn't seem that hard after you put some time and effort into figuring out the physics and controls of this game. It is very important to learn how to balance your rider and bike in mid air, how to land at a certain angle to make your turns faster, also, it's not the type of race where you press accelerate from start and won't let it go until finish. Often times you have to slow down and in some cases even go to a full stop to win yourself advantage (I know, counterintuitive, but it works like a charm). After that, the game is a blast to play. Keeps you on the edge of your seat all the time. So glad it was offered to us on PSplus.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.