Truly Awesome! problems

DaikichiKawachi

Now that I have completed everything else in the game, it has dawned on me just how ridiculous the requirements for this trophy are. I have been doing the daily and weekly challenges consistently for the past two months. I earn silver most days but I get 3 or 4 golds on average every week. However, I only have just over 4700 points to date. That is 1300 points short. 

The trophy guide on this site claims it will take about three months of daily challenges at the level I am performing to earn the trophy, but by my calculations it seems I will need to be doing this for a further 260 days! Why are these numbers so far off and is there anything I can do to expedite the process? I've enjoyed the game up to this point but the daily challenges have become a chore that I'm struggling to find the willpower to keep doing.

• Like 1

Just get the top trophies and persevere. It only takes maybe half an hour a day. A bit of practice is all it takes. You'll find you'll do it more easily on some types of events than others.

Then again, I did it before all these exploits people talk about - perhaps there are cheaters making it harder to get the top times now? Haven't played it for a long time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Just get the top trophies and persevere. It only takes maybe half an hour a day. A bit of practice is all it takes. You'll find you'll do it more easily on some types of events than others.

Then again, I did it before all these exploits people talk about - perhaps there are cheaters making it harder to get the top times now? Haven't played it for a long time.

Half an hour a day isn't bad when you look at it on a daily basis but the thought of doing that every day for 11 months is just depressing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Half an hour a day isn't bad when you look at it on a daily basis but the thought of doing that every day for 11 months is just depressing.

11 months!? The whole game took me 5 months to plat, but I spent much of that only playing single player before moving to the daily and weekly challenges. Can't see how it could take twice that just for the online unless something has radically changed. I'm not especially great at games I'll add. Maybe people are cheating and making it much harder to get the top trophy.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

It wears on you, that's true.  I wanted to throw in the towel a few times, but took a day or two off, and then went back at it.  Took me nine months total, including the main game play, to pop the platinum.  People who suggest two or three month is all that's needed are able to get diamond cups.  I unfortunately didn't put the time or effort it, and got none.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

11 months!? The whole game took me 5 months to plat, but I spent much of that only playing single player before moving to the daily and weekly challenges. Can't see how it could take twice that just for the online unless something has radically changed.

I've already played daily for two months. I'm 1300 points short.

Gold = 10 points

Silver = 5 points

Bronze = 1 point

I mostly get silvers. 1300/5 = 260

260 days/months = 8.5

8.5 + 2 = 10.5 months.

Even if I were to try my hardest to get all golds, which would increase the amount of time I play each day tremendously so in a way it's self defeating, that would only cut it down to 6.3 months.

19 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

It wears on you, that's true.  I wanted to throw in the towel a few times, but took a day or two off, and then went back at it.  Took me nine months total, including the main game play, to pop the platinum.  People who suggest two or three month is all that's needed are able to get diamond cups.  I unfortunately didn't put the time or effort it, and got none.

The diamond cup times and scores are outrageous. You have to learn a glitchy way of playing that just doesn't sit well with me. I think taking a day or two off every now and then is a good idea.

• Like 1

Some days I'll keep playing until I get Gold other days I'll just deal with the Bronze. I don't believe the servers are going to close soon so I don't see any point in getting frustrated unable to get Gold or Silver even. It's even easier if you got the game digitally or have it physically and other digital games you're playing so you don't have to sit down then get up 10-30 minutes later to change discs (unlike me who has almost everything physically). I also sometimes do the challenges at the end of my day to avoid that get up and change discs fatigue.

• Like 2

Just now, MandA60VISE said:

Some days I'll keep playing until I get Gold other days I'll just deal with the Bronze. I don't believe the servers are going to close soon so I don't see any point in getting frustrated unable to get Gold or Silver even. It's even easier if you got the game digitally or have it physically and other digital games you're playing so you don't have to sit down then get up 10-30 minutes later to change discs (unlike me who has almost everything physically). I also sometimes do the challenges at the end of my day to avoid that get up and change discs fatigue.

I buy almost all of my games digitally, but yeah, I can only imagine that extra frustration you have to deal with lol.

40 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I've already played daily for two months. I'm 1300 points short.

Gold = 10 points

Silver = 5 points

Bronze = 1 point

I mostly get silvers. 1300/5 = 260

260 days/months = 8.5

8.5 + 2 = 10.5 months.

Even if I were to try my hardest to get all golds, which would increase the amount of time I play each day tremendously so in a way it's self defeating, that would only cut it down to 6.3 months.

The diamond cup times and scores are outrageous. You have to learn a glitchy way of playing that just doesn't sit well with me. I think taking a day or two off every now and then is a good idea.

I think I was lucky getting there before any glitches. I just played normally and, after a few days, found myself getting diamond cups regularly. Cheaters ruin it for everyone if what you say is true.

25 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

@DaikichiKawachi ur maths, is wrong

There's 2 dailies, 2 weeklies, getting silver on all of them, would give (7 daily + 7 daily extreme + weekly + weekly extreme = 16 challenges) 80 points/week

1300/80 = ~16 weeks or so (i just counted out of my head so forgive me if im wrong) so 16 weeks translates to around 4 months i'd say

Nonetheless, the reason you probably earn silvers, is because you havent thaught yourself the correct way to play them, I assume u:

- play the game 'your style' but dont think it through the way you should

- using the likeminded ghosts that appear, negating any 'impossible' ghosts since they seem... Impossible

The problem is, with this 'mindset' you cant get yourself involved enough to get better, basically this game functions with about 90% copycats of persons having the same problem, so it can feel like you are playing hours without any improvements, whilst with maybe 1 little switch, u can get gold in less than 5 minutes

If you really struggle on some methods or parts for any challenge, u can ask me, though i dont play the ps4 & ps3 versions that much, i maybe could still offer some form of 'how do i need to do it' knowledge 

& those diamond scores aren't any glitchy at all, there's hardly any cheaters involved, they just have their own method backed up with their knowledge & skills

Once u figure out that 'way of playing', u will notice u can get at least gold (probably even the upper half) quite frequently with ease, the only effort u need is to learn it a bit

Yeah, you're right actually regarding the maths. It makes me feel a little bit better about the task at hand but even six months of daily challenges might be too much.

I will look into the methods needed to obtain the diamond scores (seeing as though it appears that is the only way to make this trophy semi-bearable) and I appreciate that you offered to explain any parts that I'm struggling with. I'll DM you after I've taken some time to look through it.

2 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Now that I have completed everything else in the game, it has dawned on me just how ridiculous the requirements for this trophy are. I have been doing the daily and weekly challenges consistently for the past two months. I earn silver most days but I get 3 or 4 golds on average every week. However, I only have just over 4700 points to date. That is 1300 points short. 

The trophy guide on this site claims it will take about three months of daily challenges at the level I am performing to earn the trophy, but by my calculations it seems I will need to be doing this for a further 260 days! Why are these numbers so far off and is there anything I can do to expedite the process? I've enjoyed the game up to this point but the daily challenges have become a chore that I'm struggling to find the willpower to keep doing.

I've put this game on hold currently but I will say challenges aren't as hard as most think. They usually follow a precise path that you will find after a couple tries it's all about muscle memory and knowing when to jump/fall/dash attack/etc and for how long. In races for example while you may think following lums and staying airborne to the next path is easier, in terms of speed falling of a platform and taking the bottom route can shave milliseconds off your times, even full seconds. When I was playing it by learning to optimize my routes I was getting mostly gold medals. Btw even on endless or randomize runs for listings their randomize in order but all "rooms" no matter how randomize are layed out exactly the same. This can work in advantage as if you recognize the start of a specific room you can most likely remember how it's laid out.

• Like 1

@DaikichiKawachi diamonds are gonna be tough to say at least, the simplest ones being the 'as far as you can' but to learn those u'll need to learn alot of patterns

I'd say golds, those are easily done in 5 to 10 minutes each, making it ~20ish daily, anf that'll only take 2 months

Take in account the normal weekly challenge always is the easiest, a good gold at monday, can be a diamond at sunday due to the amount of players joining (& overwhelming it, basically there's more diamonds than the actual '1%' that do it for a diamond) 

@Lord_Bane999 indeed, u learn a big part as you play, and yeah, most people might not realize it, but once you kinda 'know' that 'holding down & jumping' in the land races can do so much, u'll realize its actually pretty straightforward, and im pretty sure this way u'll get gold in no time

The dojos for example, are basically just a repeat of the same rooms, once you know a decent strategy for them they stick, making the next one so much easier

For diamonds however, u'll need pure skills, tricks & whatnot, things that i cant really explain by telling alone, as it has a sense of 'how precise you time your buttons', tricks like yby's, brakeboosts, framespins, gatedashes, gosh i could go on & on

Just remember to backup your save before you go in for that last cup, I've heard of people having the trophy glitch on them, and not being able to get the trophy, and because they didn't backup the save, they would've had to have restarted the cup grind from the beginning.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve done this twice, once back on x360 and again on xbone.  As all stages are made of randomised sections, the more you play, the more you get used to the various pieces as you see them again and again.  On my first time though I used to force myself to 4 golds every day.  The second time through I would push to diamond if any of my favourite events were active.  I could never do the time trials well enough to hit diamond consistently, but I would push myself on the distance challenges (love the tower).  

To help with distance runs, I found that  the random pieces that make up the levels are pulled from a pool based on how difficult they are to traverse.  The cut off for diamond usually came after the level started to pull from the hardest category of obstacles, which would end most people’s run. After wiping at about 1500km, people tended to give up.  Once you get used to sudden jump in difficulty, you start to see more diamonds purely through having more perseverance.

• 7 months later...

I don't know if things have changed and if they have, how badly they've changed but I was able to earn my Platinum in  3 months 20 hours. Though the challenges weren't very difficult, with a bit of practice, I was able to do quite a few Diamond Cups but mostly managed the Gold Cups mainly but the Diamonds did help

• 2 months later...

I believe consistent golds will net the trophy in about 3 months, yes. It varies a bit, depending on when you begin doing the challenges, of course, given access to challenges beyond the first is locked behind the Awesomeness level. Get through the entire "campaign" first and you'd have between 4,100 and 4,200, I think.

Let's say 4,150.

16 Golds a week, or 160 points, for 12 weeks (a little less than 3 months) equals 1,920 points, which brings 4,150 to 6,070.

Anyways, I almost always get gold, often high gold, like the top 3%. Maybe I'm mistaken, but Diamonds seem exceedingly difficult now without using some of the "meta," if you will. Or maybe there are some cheaters, after all. But it seems there aren't that many new players, since the Diamond requirement is usually pretty ridiculous. I'm guessing that 1% mostly consists of people who have mastered the game and are still playing it because they adore it despite having completed it years ago... 

I think this game was free for PS Plus a while back... should've jumped on it back then but I didn't know about this trophy. I'll need another 9 or 10 weeks at my current rate. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My advice is to find the top ranked player(s), send them a friend request, and then when you do the challenges you'll be able to see their shadow as you play, and you can take tips from their momentum. Also, search brake-boosting, it's a technique to radically speed up your runs. Good luck!