Death Stranding - Gameplay Trailer (Gamescom 2019)

ziggypossum

I felt like that gameplay gave us little to be excited for. No action scenes. Just walking up to a cliff, using a ladder, helping someone out, then falling off a cliff and hushing the baby strapped to you. That's it. My first thought though, was, "Oh my, I hope we have fast travel!" xD

I think the game has an interesting concept, but gameplay is where I need to see more before saying, "Yes." Other game companies who's played a demo rave about it which is promising, but that alone won't sell it to me.

• Like 1

Every time I see trailers of cutscenes for Death Stranding, I'm like, "Yeah, I want this!" Every time I see actual gameplay, I'm like "Why tf would I play this?" I imagine 90% of the gameplay will be walking around in green, beautiful areas and delivering...stuff with no enemies.

As disappointing as MGS V was, you at least had something to do.

10 hours ago, Sagaan said:

I never understand the hype from dat game. Grafics looks dope but dats it . Carrying a baby whole the time sounds stupid 4 me imo. I hope u can kill ppl atleast or so. May i change my mind then.

Well then you won’t change your mind, this game is a unique and different experience, it’s not about mindlessly killing...

Does every game has to have good graphics and the main character to be a killing machine to be hyped for??

Personally, i’m not “hyped” but i’m looking forward to this, I like different and fulfilling experiences and good stories, which actually are the kind of games that drops on my top 10 personal list; sometimes they deliver both that and good action (like God of War).

• Like 1

Got kind of mixed feelings about the whole thing, because as much as I find the story intriguing and the setting for this world insanely interesting, the gameplay portion feels like an afterthought, just something to fill in parts between story bits.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything I've seen from the game looks dull and I always thought Kojima as overly pretentious. That being said, he knows how to make mechanics and how a game should feel to play with smooth controls, as well as having a western team behind him now to can help him with dialog to suit the western audience. I'll wait for the final reviews to come in before I check up on the game.