Valkirye22

Patch 1.05 bringing end game grind balancing

30 posts in this topic

Apparently the next patch 1.05 will bring some much needed balancing in terms of both grind and difficulty e.g. endless, mindless sponging.

Looking forward to that. Definitely not platinum the current state the weapon grind itself is beyond tedious - maybe manages to bring the game score up to a 4 or 5/10 if they really focus

 

https://www.vg247.com/2019/08/13/wolfenstein-youngblood-patch-pause-offline-mode/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valkirye22 said:

Apparently the next patch 1.05 will bring some much needed balancing in terms of both grind and difficulty e.g. endless, mindless sponging.

Looking forward to that. Definitely not platinum the current state the weapon grind itself is beyond tedious - maybe manages to bring the game score up to a 4 or 5/10 if they really focus

 

https://www.vg247.com/2019/08/13/wolfenstein-youngblood-patch-pause-offline-mode/

you mean when you have to find and make all weapons with silver money and kills?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, glurak400 said:

you mean when you have to find and make all weapons with silver money and kills?

well at the current state, you require somewhere around 130k silver to upgrade all weapons - I got the trophy for 60k silver just shortly before finishing the last side mission and doing all misc trophies regarding kills. And you get pitiful loot form yellow containers, challenges or generally pick ups.

Another thing are weapon masteries - same as above, finished main story, side missions, messing around with a friend and backtracking for all collectibles the two most used guns blitz/sturmgewehr are somewhere around master 6 and 7, only usable heavies e.g. uberhammer and laser hammer one mastered one around lv5. And you have thousands of more kills to do with for those number limited numbers of enemies and limited ammo.

 

The grind is honestly unreal, in a game with a woefully weak replay options and no NG+.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

(...) is honestly unreal, in a game with a woefully weak replay options and no NG+.

 

I feel ya! ...seriously lame that I’m not even trying anymore.

 

Managed to finish the game (100%) in 25ish hours and I’m not ready to put back 10/15 more just to kill and spawn and respawn endlessly 😒

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The highlights they put out for the upcoming patch say

 

" Adding duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable"

 

How does that help the grind??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, emailking said:

The highlights they put out for the upcoming patch say

 

" Adding duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable"

 

How does that help the grind??

Do you have a source for that info? I'm waiting for this patch to drop before attempting the platinum and if this is all they do to make "100% easier" I'll be really disappointed. 

 

I really like the game and think it's a lot of fun but there's NOT enough content in the game to justify the masteries and cost of upgrades. 

Edited by jonesey46
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, emailking said:

The highlights they put out for the upcoming patch say

 

" Adding duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable"

 

How does that help the grind??

 

8 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Do you have a source for that info? I'm waiting for this patch to drop before attempting the platinum and if this is all they do to make "100% easier" I'll be really disappointed. 

 

I really like the game and think it's a lot of fun but there's NOT enough content in the game to justify the masteries and cost of upgrades. 

I've seen the laptops mentioned but from what I understood it refers to them for being glitched but DO NOT affect any completion trophies (I got 97% even though I have everything) that is from a German source

https://www.pcgames.de/Wolfenstein-Youngblood-Spiel-61757/News/das-erwartet-euch-im-update-105-1330106/

 

Otherwise they spoke about general 100% and economy balancing - kills, coins etc. on other sites and twitter plus from what some people playing the game on YT said about it I think the article above just mixed the two together - the grind MUST be addressed.

https://in.ign.com/wolfenstein-youngblood/138281/news/wolfenstien-youngbloods-next-patch-adds-pause-in-offline-mode

https://www.wooco.de/wolfenstein-youngblood-update-version-1-05-patch-notes/

Really, I just want to platinum the bloody thing and sell it for the price of a sandwich. Really hope they get their s*it together for the next Wolfenstein (much more like TNO/OB)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valkirye22 said:

 

I've seen the laptops mentioned but from what I understood it refers to them for being glitched but DO NOT affect any completion trophies (I got 97% even though I have everything) that is from a German source

https://www.pcgames.de/Wolfenstein-Youngblood-Spiel-61757/News/das-erwartet-euch-im-update-105-1330106/

 

Otherwise they spoke about general 100% and economy balancing - kills, coins etc. on other sites and twitter plus from what some people playing the game on YT said about it I think the article above just mixed the two together - the grind MUST be addressed.

https://in.ign.com/wolfenstein-youngblood/138281/news/wolfenstien-youngbloods-next-patch-adds-pause-in-offline-mode

https://www.wooco.de/wolfenstein-youngblood-update-version-1-05-patch-notes/

Really, I just want to platinum the bloody thing and sell it for the price of a sandwich. Really hope they get their s*it together for the next Wolfenstein (much more like TNO/OB)

Fingers crossed it drops soon then! I've finished everything the game has to offer and only have 3 weapon masteries at level 10, the grind is ridiculous and I have no idea how any of the devs thought people would actually be happy to play the same thing over and over for THAT long. 

 

Thanks for the info dude. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are patch notes for the upcoming patch here:

 

https://www.destructoid.com/wolfenstein-youngblood-s-latest-patch-turns-down-the-difficulty-565123.phtml

 

There are a lot of changes that make the campaign easier. The only way in which I can see that the grind would be lessened is that you do double the damage against armored enemies when not using a weapon they're weak against.

 

Needless to say, I was hoping for a lot more.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, emailking said:

There are patch notes for the upcoming patch here:

 

https://www.destructoid.com/wolfenstein-youngblood-s-latest-patch-turns-down-the-difficulty-565123.phtml

 

There are a lot of changes that make the campaign easier. The only way in which I can see that the grind would be lessened is that you do double the damage against armored enemies when not using a weapon they're weak against.

 

Needless to say, I was hoping for a lot more.

 

 

😭😭😭😭

 

No one gives a fuck about tutorial completion do they? We want balancing of the ridiculous grind or at least a NG+ to help out so we don't have to play the same mission over and over again. 

 

Oh well, at least the increased damage with certain weapons will make the masteries go a little quicker.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png

 

No one gives a fuck about tutorial completion do they? We want balancing of the ridiculous grind or at least a NG+ to help out so we don't have to play the same mission over and over again. 

 

Oh well, at least the increased damage with certain weapons will make the masteries go a little quicker.

Yeah I've seen it and just gave up.

I mean is it that hard to increase coin drops from caches? and xp from kills? (by increase probably x3 or x5)

Seriously, a full game completion, all missions and messing about with trophies will net you half the coins necessary - AND - the most insulting part are the piles of coins sitting around where you get what? Like 5-10 coins? When you need 60k after finishing everything not even worth picking up

 

Sure it's faster kills-wisebut the grind is mind-numbing there aren't nowhere near the numbers of enemies necessary to do all the masteries. I'm not doing it, or approaching any new Wolfenstein titles with any goodwill. Anything made by TNO and TOB is long gone this game topped Watch Dogs 2 in terms of pure refined fu*king cringe. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update removed my access to all the cyborg 1980 gear that comes with the deluxe edition. Anyone else have this issue?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, chalky83 said:

This update removed my access to all the cyborg 1980 gear that comes with the deluxe edition. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah I got this issue too. Surely it's a bug? We should probably report it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for anyone interested:

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the update did not improve the post game grind?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

So the update did not improve the post game grind?

 

No, it's still just as shit. The only potential improvement is the better damage against enemies using the wrong weapon type so you don't really need to worry about switching for kill grinding, but I did a few levels today and was having the same issue with running out of hammer weapon ammo and money is all basically the same. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really disappointed by this patch. When they announced they were making 100% completion easier I thought they would increase XP given, increase coins given, decrease amount of kills for masteries or at the very least increase ammo drops for Hammer weapons - to be honest, I would have been happy with only one of these things but alas, what we got was a little bit of a damage increase when using the wrong weapon on an enemy AND FUCKING EXTRA TUTORIAL LAPTOPS!? As if anyone gave a fuck about that!

 

I'm currently at the stage of grinding out Hammer weapon masteries (all other weapons done) and the hoops you have to jump through to get a tiny bit of ammo and a few kills is astonishing. I've been very positive towards this game and didn't really agree with the hate it got but now I'm in the final stages of getting the Platinum its flaws are shining very bright. There just isn't enough content in this game to justify the amount of grinding necessary for the Platinum and I actually think it's arrogant on the part of the developers to put the masteries and cost of upgrades so high in such a shallow game. 

 

Call me out if I'm being a diva please cause I don't want to seem like an entitled baby. I try to not get wound up about these things cause hey it's just a game right? But you really do have to think about the developers putting this in their game intentionally and thinking it was OK, and it pisses me off 😂

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to my stats the main mission / side missions took about 19 hrs. I finally finished yesterday and now shows 68 Hours so as we all know the post game grind is tedious & painful ( a number of times I was seriously tempted to not finish). So I was hoping Patch 1.05 would make this game more tolerable as would not wish that sort of grind on anyone. 

 

Hammer grinding - replay Siegturm Plaza & open 2 long boxes, then go into Lab X and open c 4 long boxes. These contain hammer ammo.

Speed run it (i.e. turn difficulty to easy & just focus on the boxes)

 

Then replay first mission as most enemies can be one shot. Once your ammo is gone, return to Catacombs and rinse/repeat. Get your masteries up at least, collecting coins for upgrades was the longest. Repeat each bit of Paris opening boxes.

 

As a "half price" game was not expecting much story wise and the missions are good fun but the grind is truly awful. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

41 minutes ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

According to my stats the main mission / side missions took about 19 hrs. I finally finished yesterday and now shows 68 Hours so as we all know the post game grind is tedious & painful ( a number of times I was seriously tempted to not finish). So I was hoping Patch 1.05 would make this game more tolerable as would not wish that sort of grind on anyone. 

 

Hammer grinding - replay Siegturm Plaza & open 2 long boxes, then go into Lab X and open c 4 long boxes. These contain hammer ammo.

Speed run it (i.e. turn difficulty to easy & just focus on the boxes)

 

Then replay first mission as most enemies can be one shot. Once your ammo is gone, return to Catacombs and rinse/repeat. Get your masteries up at least, collecting coins for upgrades was the longest. Repeat each bit of Paris opening boxes.

 

As a "half price" game was not expecting much story wise and the missions are good fun but the grind is truly awful. 

 

 

68 hours 😧 unbelievable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chalky83 said:

This update removed my access to all the cyborg 1980 gear that comes with the deluxe edition. Anyone else have this issue?

This happened to me, too. Every deluxe edition bonus is gone. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jonesy46 completely agree with you. The game itself is fine for what it is, and most of the beefs I had with playing the campaign have been addressed now. But the grind for plat is absurd. It's boring af too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll come back to finish up this Plat if and when they at least double coin gain and halve the kills required for masteries. Way too many other games to play to mindlessly grind away on this one. Not sure what they were thinking with these trophy requirements when compared to the meaningful content that's available. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the patch didn't help at all like I hoped it would so I just bit the bullet and ground out the plat this weekend. I'll go through a few things for anyone reading this and hopefully it'll help if you're yet to tackle this game.

 

For regular kills I just played the first mission over and over, doesn't take as long as you think. Refill ammo in the catacombs.

 

For Kraftwerk kills I went to Riverside as it has the most ammo pickups for all Kraftwerk guns. Kill all the enemies, go back to base and repeat.

 

For Hammer kills I used @Surgical_Assault's Lab X method for gathering ammo (I always went stealth through the first area to avoid the enemies as they are heavily armored and not worth the ammo consumption). It usually took me two runs to fill all ammo then I'd replay the first mission again for easy kills. I would return to base after the second area and restart the mission, it's up to you if you want to continue on but there are a lot of armored enemies after the second area so I felt it wasn't worth it.


Also for a boost in coins when grinding kills on the first mission always stealth through the first and second area for a bonus of about 250 coins. Do as seen in this video. It might not seem like a lot but for the number of times you'll replay this mission, it'll go a long way to helping with Gear Head.

 

DIESELHAMMER - When grinding out Hammer kills I focussed mainly on Kugelhammer and Laserhammer, only using the Dieselhammer once I'd run out of ammo for the other two. This is cause the Dieselhammer is a pain in the arse, you can only hold 50 rounds (up to 60 odd with certain upgrades) and each shot uses 3 rounds so you burn through ammo super quick, you can use the same method as above but I found it was taking too long. As per the trophy guide on here it advises you to play the first mission up to the casino, stealth kill the big guy who has two Dieselhammers for his ammo, unload on everyone til' you run out of ammo, jump off the ship to kill yourself (making sure to use all your shared lives) and you'll respawn in the vent above the casino so you can do it all again. However, the new patch has taken out that checkpoint so if you die you start way back at the beginning. I got around this by deleting my game, disconnecting my PS4 from the internet and reinstalling the game to bypass all patches. This worked a treat and allows you to use this method. It still takes a long time but compared to the other method it's a lot quicker. Make sure to buy the Stier upgrades for the Dieselhammer (and all weapons tbh) to maximize damage and minimize the amount of ammo you use per person.

 

Now after all this, I still needed around 49,000 coins to get the remaining upgrades. There are various methods for farming coins but the best one for me was to abuse the money crates that spawn every 24 hours by manually changing the date on my PS4. My run was to go through Riverside and then Lab X and collect every single money crate, once I reached the end of Lab X I would return to the catacombs to save then quit the game, manually changed the date on my PS4 to the next day and load back up and repeat. Each run would take me about 10 minutes and I would net just over 3,000 coins. I'm not sure if this is the quickest way to do it, but it was the quickest way I could find.

 

Lastly, after getting every other trophy I still needed the trophy for firing 100,000 shots to get the platinum. I just went to the firing range in the catacombs where the ammo crate was and fired dual machine pistols until it popped, this took me another 15 minutes!

 

I've definitely done worse grinds in my time but none have ever been as pointless as this. I liked the game overall but the grind for the platinum is a piss-take. I hope this post helps someone on this long and pointless journey, stick a podcast on and hopefully, it isn't too painful for you :)

 

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldnt mind the kill grinding for platty if the enemies dropped more coins.  The coin grind is the most pointless thing ive ever seen in any game i've tried to platty. SAD!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pksTOXIC said:

i wouldnt mind the kill grinding for platty if the enemies dropped more coins.  The coin grind is the most pointless thing ive ever seen in any game i've tried to platty. SAD!

By far one of the most pointless, almost insulting parts of the game are the coin pickups in open world. When you start it up and run through the zeppelin and play your first level you put effort into exploring and finding piles of coins (you get what? between 2-10 coins) thinking it will be of some use.

As I started I figured the yellow boxes are one time only and most will be through missions/kills/coin pickups. That was before seeing there is an improvement system on top of the already grindy basic attachment purchase for weapons that you really never use, the abysmal rewards for replaying the abysmal number of missions and the fact enemies do not drop any.

 

My standing perception is that this was well and truly on its way on being heavily monetized in terms of removing the grind but the backtracked due to the general backlash against MTX and otherwise already poor reviews. I mean, there is honestly NOTHING in this game worth replaying more than once. And absolutely nothing to justify spending hours upon hours more to achieve it - this game has 15 hours worth of content and a platinum achievable in 40+. If you did an NG+ game with the equal rewards as your first run, do everything once more and focus equally on the caches? You'd still be hours of particular weapons masteries and coins away from platinum requirements.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.