Patch 1.05 bringing end game grind balancing

Valkirye22

20 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

By far one of the most pointless, almost insulting parts of the game are the coin pickups in open world. When you start it up and run through the zeppelin and play your first level you put effort into exploring and finding piles of coins (you get what? between 2-10 coins) thinking it will be of some use.

As I started I figured the yellow boxes are one time only and most will be through missions/kills/coin pickups. That was before seeing there is an improvement system on top of the already grindy basic attachment purchase for weapons that you really never use, the abysmal rewards for replaying the abysmal number of missions and the fact enemies do not drop any.

My standing perception is that this was well and truly on its way on being heavily monetized in terms of removing the grind but the backtracked due to the general backlash against MTX and otherwise already poor reviews. I mean, there is honestly NOTHING in this game worth replaying more than once. And absolutely nothing to justify spending hours upon hours more to achieve it - this game has 15 hours worth of content and a platinum achievable in 40+. If you did an NG+ game with the equal rewards as your first run, do everything once more and focus equally on the caches? You'd still be hours of particular weapons masteries and coins away from platinum requirements.

Amen, brother!

Having finished the game and gotten the platinum now I can honestly say I never want to even look at that game again. Here's hoping they don't release any DLC for it.

With the patch I seem to find more hammer ammo in the crates in Lab X. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems like it. The patch notes did have this line:

"Added more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas."

I only need 2 trips to Lab X to get a good amount of hammer ammo now, as opposed to 3-4 before.

9 hours ago, Livingstone7728 said:

This game is like a standalone dlc... so yes hopefully no dlc haha

Yeah, I thought that but it's a game that has "Live Service" written all over it so you never know. Tbh I don't think it did that well and considering you and I are the only ones posting about this game now its obvious people have forgotten about it already (on PSNP anyway).

Hopefully, MG has learnt their lesson with this one.