mrcool37

Trophy Discussion

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I was wondering what settings people are using to complete Vasara 1 and 2. If you run out of lives on stage 6 in both games then press continue, it restarts the stage, making it quite difficult. Is everyone just using a second controller here?

Also I can't seem to trigger the true last boss for Vasara 1 (real Tokugawa), if anyone has any suggestions and would like to share, that would be awesome.

13 hours ago, mrcool37 said:

Also I can't seem to trigger the true last boss for Vasara 1 (real Tokugawa), if anyone has any suggestions and would like to share, that would be awesome.

Only own the Vita version, plan to play the PS4 ver. after I 100% complete the Vita ver., but for the real Tokugawa to appear, you have to defeat the fake Tokugawa with Yukimura, and instead of the level ending and receiving a score right after, you’ll be redirected to go further up into the level and then you’ll be facing the very final boss, who is the real Tokugawa, and after you defeat him, you get the level score for beating it and that’s it. With the other two characters, my game would end after defeating the first/fake Tokugawa. 

On 20/08/2019 at 2:35 PM, mrcool37 said:

Hey everyone, I was wondering what settings people are using to complete Vasara 1 and 2. If you run out of lives on stage 6 in both games then press continue, it restarts the stage, making it quite difficult. Is everyone just using a second controller here?

I definitely used a second controller. As long as one of the two players is still in the game you can continue as often as you want on the final stages of both games (both accounts can earn trophies as well). It's a cheesy way of doing things but I was interested to see if I could plat this in one sitting & was looking to be at least mildly efficient. The grind at the end was mental torture & when all's said & done I think someone a bit less lax than me could probably do it in 6-7 hours. 

I saw you set the #1 score on the timeless mode leaderboards. I set #3 by accident so... Aussie Aussie Aussie! at least for now. Looks like the plat's in the bag for you, I'll look forward to seeing another one of our flags thrown up on the game leaderboard. Nice psn avatar as well ;p

On 21/08/2019 at 4:58 AM, Ruhkillmeez said:

Only own the Vita version, plan to play the PS4 ver. after I 100% complete the Vita ver., but for the real Tokugawa to appear, you have to defeat the fake Tokugawa with Yukimura, and instead of the level ending and receiving a score right after, you’ll be redirected to go further up into the level and then you’ll be facing the very final boss, who is the real Tokugawa, and after you defeat him, you get the level score for beating it and that’s it. With the other two characters, my game would end after defeating the first/fake Tokugawa. 

Thank you for posting this! I was under the assumption a 1cc was needed (that's what the hg101 article claimed) but indeed that doesn't matter it's all about Yukimura. When I saw your comment I knew it would be a free plat for me & I went ahead & double dipped on the digital version the next day :)

Posted (edited)

On 24/08/2019 at 10:21 AM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Haha, thanks mate! The timeless mode is surprisingly fun, especially when you use the final character that you unlock from completing Vasara 2, as you can pretty much have constant vasara attacks through the later levels.

Originally I gave up with Yukimara when I first started playing as I couldn't beat the final stage with 1 credit, but the second controller makes the game an easy platinum with a small amount of grind. So I completed the game with the other two characters and was wondering why there was no true boss yet. Vasara 2 with one controller seems near impossible.

QUICK SUMMARY FOR PLATINUM COMPLETION:

Vasara 1 - 3 playthroughs, one for each character, using a second controller for final stage (6 stages)

Vasara 2 - 5 playthroughs, 1x12stage mode and 4x6 stage mode using each of the 5 characters. Second controller on stages 6 and 12.

Timeless mode - Roughly 100 stages or 10-15 playthroughs depending on skill, killing various bosses along the way.

7-10 hours total

Edited by mrcool37

On 26.8.2019 at 8:37 PM, mrcool37 said:

Haha, thanks mate! The timeless mode is surprisingly fun, especially when you use the final character that you unlock from completing Vasara 2, as you can pretty much have constant vasara attacks through the later levels.

Originally I gave up with Yukimara when I first started playing as I couldn't beat the final stage with 1 credit, but the second controller makes the game an easy platinum with a small amount of grind. So I completed the game with the other two characters and was wondering why there was no true boss yet. Vasara 2 with one controller seems near impossible.

QUICK SUMMARY FOR PLATINUM COMPLETION:

Vasara 1 - 3 playthroughs, one for each character, using a second controller for final stage (6 stages)

Vasara 2 - 5 playthroughs, 1x12stage mode and 4x6 stage mode using each of the 5 characters. Second controller on stages 6 and 12.

Timeless mode - Roughly 100 stages or 10-15 playthroughs depending on skill, killing various bosses along the way.

7-10 hours total

Hey man, what does using a second controller do for the difficulty? cannot seem to find an answer in the thread

Posted (edited)

On 29/08/2019 at 7:10 PM, StylerX01 said:

Hey man, what does using a second controller do for the difficulty? cannot seem to find an answer in the thread

The difficulty becomes a 2/10 with a second controller, and probably a 7-8/10 with the single controller. If you run out of lives on the last level for Vasara 1 and 2, the stage resets and you start the level again. If you have the second controller you can easily finish the last stage of each game as long as 1 player remains alive. With enough practice with one controller on each last level and the boss you can pass it, I have for Vasara 1 but not 2. 

Edited by mrcool37