Final Fantasy VIII Remastered launches 9/3

If the trophy list is the same like the achievements in Steam, i will wait for a discount. I was thinking of pre-ordering the game and doing a speedrun but the 10000 kills, killed my mood.

Because i know that you can cheat that trophy, i have a friend who claimed he cheated the 10k kills in FF9 by modding his save file and setting the counter to 9999 kills.

That trophy took me so much time and murdered thousands of my brain cells.

Also, the game has enchantments :

- Battle assist options (HP, ATB gauge, and Limit Break boosts)
- Game speed boost (x3)
- No random encounters

This will make the no leveling Squall trophy very easy. It wouldn't be hard doing it legitimately but it needs some preparation and lot of TT at the beginning

7 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

If the trophy list is the same like the achievements in Steam, i will wait for a discount. I was thinking of pre-ordering the game and doing a speedrun but the 10000 kills, killed my mood.

Because i know that you can cheat that trophy, i have a friend who claimed he cheated the 10k kills in FF9 by modding his save file and setting the counter to 9999 kills.

Also, the game has enchantments :

- Battle assist options (HP, ATB gauge, and Limit Break boosts)
- Game speed boost (x3)
- No random encounters

This will make the no leveling Squall trophy very easy. It wouldn't be hard doing it legitimately but it needs some preparation and lot of TT at the beginning

7 and 9 didn't share the complete achievement list from Steam so I doubt this will.

I knew that was coming eventually, & while it isn't my favorite FF game (draw system... <_<), I'm sure I'll be getting it just so I can add its plat to my collection (actually compared to XV, VIII was awesome). :P

That 10K kills trophy though... that'll be... fun (if it will be on there). ? I wonder if it'll take longer than IX's did? :hmm:

44 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

10K kills was definitely quite a grind in IX, I managed to setup a near automatic way to do it with a rubber band & re-mapping some buttons on the controller though, I just had to keep pushing :cross: every few seconds... for 15+ hours. ? I just kept pushing it while watching anime on my PC, & even when I was cooking dinner (good thing my controller's signal reached the kitchen). ?

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Masamune said:

10K kills was definitely quite a grind in IX, I managed to setup a near automatic way to do it with a rubber band & re-mapping some buttons on the controller though, I just had to keep pushing :cross: every few seconds... for 15+ hours. 1f605.png I just kept pushing it while watching anime on my PC, & even when I was cooking dinner (good thing my controller's signal reached the kitchen). 1f602.png

I farmed the trophy for over 20 hours in Grotto while using the speed enchantment.

I don't want this in FF8, if they remove a trophy, that should be the one. And maybe disable trophies if you use enchantments

16 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

i preordered ff8 5 minutes ago and there is no preorder theme :( has anyone else this issue? it wasn't in the download list, only the game, telling me that I have to wait another 13+ days. I want that theme, I payed for it :( I tried to find it in the store, in the bib and my themes...

That's strange it isn't showing up for you. I can see it in my download list. I'm at work now so I haven't been able to check it out yet...but that's weird you can't see it.

c5q7yAe.png

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

That 10K kills trophy though... that'll be... fun (if it will be on there). ? I wonder if it'll take longer than IX's did? :hmm:

I've read conflicting things about this. According to some people it's a 40-hour grind, others are saying up to 80 hours.

20-30 hours (using the speed boost) seems like a more realistic number to me though. Either way, it's gonna be a monumental waste of time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Briste said:

That's strange it isn't showing up for you. I can see it in my download list. I'm at work now so I haven't been able to check it out yet...but that's weird you can't see it.

c5q7yAe.png

okay, while the first entry FF8 looks like mine, the second one for the theme is missing for me :(

I sent a mail to playstation support... again. 4th time in the past 4 weeks.

Thank you...

• Like 1

Bought immediately when they first tweeted it out!

Im strapped in, and ready!

It's my favorite FF and I'll be getting it on switch as well(waiting to see if there'll be a physical release for switch).

I'll also be getting it physical for ps4 if they do it. <3

TAKE MY MONEY!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I've read conflicting things about this. According to some people it's a 40-hour grind, others are saying up to 80 hours.

20-30 hours (using the speed boost) seems like a more realistic number to me though. Either way, it's gonna be a monumental waste of time.

Yeah, I highly doubt it's an 80 hour grind. ? But even 30 hours (twice as long as IX) would be pretty rough, hopefully there's a way to set it up where it won't require much attention & I can just marathon anime while working on it. :hmm:

@Dav9834 I figured it wouldn't be long until I seen you on this topic. xD Usually it's against my religion to pay full price for a PSN game the first day it comes out, but I'm getting tempted to get it on day 1 as well. :P

Also, has anyone checked out that pre-order theme yet? Going by that icon @Briste posted, I was curious if it was a red-based theme or not (as in the system menu color).

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Masamune said:

@Dav9834 I figured it wouldn't be long until I seen you on this topic. xD Usually it's against my religion to pay full price for a PSN game the first day it comes out, but I'm getting tempted to get it on day 1 as well. :P

xD

You know me to well lol

Go against religion this time!

Its worth it! You want to, you wantz, do itz! ?

Also the wallpaper has Squalls red wallpaper on the menu, and Rinoas Blue on the top with messages, power, etc

FINAL-FANTASY-VIII-SQUALL-ANTISOCIAL-NET

(Not exact)

Final.Fantasy.VIII.Wallpaper.162215.jpg

But it's the FFVIII sound effects when going through the menu that makes it so awesome ><

Wish it was more dynamic like FFXIVs, but I'll take it gladly

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

@Dav9834 Yeah, they could've at least made a dynamic theme for it, at least some falling feathers or something. :hmm: I probably will end up getting it though (I'll should be done with Labyrinth of Refrain by then), I do have some extra cash sitting in my wallet... just gathering dust. I think I should be getting another $10 from Sony Rewards soon too... ? Screw it, I'm going to get it. :P

All this talk of FFVII has me remembering about the last time I played it (which has been quite a while), it's funny that my most memorable moment from it is using the Diablos summon countless times on a bunch of Tonberries to get the Tonberry summon (what I would've gave for a speed boost mode back then). ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

So... apparently...

No only is this game not going to have english voices anymore... but apparently... it's no longer going to be release physically either like what was originally reported.

So... I'm not getting it anymore. Sorry? 1f613.png

It wasn't meant to get VA anyway. Probably some misunderstanding. You don't know Square-Enix. They even pretend the Steam version currently sold doesn't exist at all. They keep screaming "NEW! NEW! REMASTER!"... yeah, my arse. It's just an excuse to bring it to consoles because the old PC version is spaghetti code. They couldn't even bring the PS1 music. Also, "No random encounters" is a waste of a cheat when the game naturally offers that option with a G.F. during the first half of the first disc.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

It wasn't meant to get VA anyway. Probably some misunderstanding. You don't know Square-Enix. They even pretend the Steam version currently sold doesn't exist at all. They keep screaming "NEW! NEW! REMASTER!"... yeah, my arse.

Also, "No random encounters" is a waste of a cheat when the game naturally offers that option with a G.F. during the first half of the first disc.

That's not what honestly bothers me the most. It's the BS 'digital only' thing.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Also, "No random encounters" is a waste of a cheat when the game naturally offers that option with a G.F. during the first half of the first disc.

Wow, I honestly completely forgot about that, & it's even on Diablos, who I just mentioned a bit ago. xD

@SelectiveGamer I lost my hope for physical remasters long ago, when they didn't do it for VII or IX, I wasn't expecting it for VIII. ?

I would be very upset if it had voiceovers to be quite honest. It doesn't need them.

Now as far as physical, I don't "need" it. But I wantz it.

I would not be surprised if in the future we get VII VIII & IX all on 1 disk.

Which Id be ok with. Very much so

But just in case we do get physical for ps4 and switch(I saw no official tweet saying we wouldn't, and the retailers are ready, even amazon minus the ability to preorder) then I'll hold out hope. 

But lets be honest we have what we want, the game has been remastered and I'm psyched

@Masamune Diabolos is to this day one of the coolest looking summons in all Final Fantasy(most of the best looking summons (and my favorites) are in VIII)). It always brings back fond memories seeing him. <3