Final Fantasy VIII Remastered launches 9/3

4 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Diabolos is to this day one of the coolest looking summons in all Final Fantasy(most of the best looking summons (and my favorites) are in VIII)). It always brings back fond memories seeing him. <3

Diabolos? Doomtrain!!

I usually only buy games on sale but for FFVIII I’ll make an exception. Day one buy for me. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I would be very upset if it had voiceovers to be quite honest. It doesn't need them.

Now as far as physical, I don't "need" it. But I wantz it.

I would not be surprised if in the future we get VII VIII & IX all on 1 disk.

Which Id be ok with. Very much so

But just in case we do get physical for ps4 and switch(I saw no official tweet saying we wouldn't, and the retailers are ready, even amazon minus the ability to preorder) then I'll hold out hope. 

But lets be honest we have what we want, the game has been remastered and I'm psyched

@Masamune Diabolos is to this day one of the coolest looking summons in all Final Fantasy(most of the best looking summons (and my favorites) are in VIII)). It always brings back fond memories seeing him. <3

Diablos had one of the best uses of the DualShock rumble lol, loved it. I hope it's in this new version!

• Like 1

So, it's official, no physical version? 

If so, I will pre-order the digital version, since I did exactly the same with 7 and 9..

Still a physical version would be nice.. 

I'm really looking forward to this since my main grip with 8 was graphics (something annoyed me, that wasn't present on 7 or 9), and that's why I rate it lower than the other 2.

Said all that, I do hope to be able to play the game, instead of getting sidetracked playing triple triad and forgetting about everything else.. I do remember spending almost as much time playing that as playing everything else... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

okay, while the first entry FF8 looks like mine, the second one for the theme is missing for me :(

I sent a mail to playstation support... again. 4th time in the past 4 weeks.

Thank you...

do you have news about your issue, i have the same one :o

45 minutes ago, MissDreamer said:

Hi, regarding the pre order theme issue. If you live in the UK or EU, we get them unlocked on launch day. It's always been this way for us. So when the game pre loads, the theme will appear ready for download on launch day.

I live in germany but it is not always like this for us. I had other games where I could dl an pre order item like a theme when I bought the game. if it is like this this time around okay but that that's fraud.

54 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

do you have news about your issue, i have the same one :o

nothing new on my end. I'll keep you posted

1 minute ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

I live in germany but it is not always like this for us. I had other games where I could dl an pre order item like a theme when I bought the game. if it is like this this time around okay but that that's fraud.

Ok, then maybe wait till launch day too see if it appears. Perhaps Square Enix are using the launch day download this time. If not, definitely get in touch with them then about it.

1 minute ago, MissDreamer said:

Ok, then maybe wait till launch day too see if it appears. Perhaps Square Enix are using the launch day download this time. If not, definitely get in touch with them then about it.

I already contacted the support bc I wanted the theme BEFORE that day, pleasant anticipation and all... in the description I see that I will receive the theme when I payed the pre-order and I don't see why I should renounce for 2 weeks when my overall idea was to use the theme for the weeks before the game launches.

So hopefully the support can do something.

Yes, first world problems, I know.

20 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So, it's official, no physical version? 

If so, I will pre-order the digital version, since I did exactly the same with 7 and 9..

Still a physical version would be nice.. 

I still hold out this irrational hope that FFs VII, VIII and IX will be put on a single physical release in the future, as a final capitalization on the PS4.

20 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Triple Triad is worthy of our worshiping, all hail the best FF minigame!! :yay:

I spent quite a while playing that as well (if I remember correctly, it's a lot simpler that FFIX's Tetra Master), what kept me playing though was that you could change some of those card into some pretty useful items... but I think I preferred keeping most of them so I could have a complete set. ?

I would've loved to have a set of them IRL, kinda like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FINAL-FANTASY-VIII-CCG-Carddass-Masters-Triple-Triad-1-90-and-1-45-Cards-Set/173874333497?hash=item287bb7c739:g:wzgAAOSw6jJctRMn

Yep... that's out of my price range. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I still hold out this irrational hope that FFs VII, VIII and IX will be put on a single physical release in the future, as a final capitalization on the PS4.

Well, if they were to release a collection of the 3, I would still buy it even if I had already bought the 3 digitally.. 

If anyone is interested in seeing what the preorder theme is then this is it,

Personally myself I'm disappointed in this theme, they could of added more images in a slideshow and also the music they've chosen could have been like, eyes on me or balamb garden or something like that. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

21 minutes ago, cik93 said:

Was so excited to have finally this remaster, especially for trophy challenges (FF7 and FF9 sets were perfect, expect some grind trophies), then i seen these leaked list

https://underbuffed.com/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-trophies-leaked/

???

I hope seriously this set is a fake.

Omg that's sooooooo easy

It's not even all the sidequests which is sad.

Though they probably were thinking of the jump rope trophy in FFIX and said ahhh..... Maybe we shouldn't do that again. 

But all the side quests should be in there, otherwise you miss out on story and those that want the plat and never did all the side quests would do them and experience the game in full.

That's what imo is what's best about platinums, you do everything

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

nothing new on my end. I'll keep you posted

7 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

So I got my first answer today which was basically:

"You can add the theme to your profile after sending the preorder, after that you can use it"

I laughed hard and then wrote a nice and very long email about custumer support (which I also work in) and reading an email BEFORE answering them the wrong way.

So no helpful answer so far...

11 hours ago, cik93 said:

Was so excited to have finally this remaster, especially for trophy challenges (FF7 and FF9 sets were perfect, expect some grind trophies), then i seen these leaked list

https://underbuffed.com/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-trophies-leaked/

???

I hope seriously this set is a fake.

Trophies r good, 1-2 day plat 

No trophies for:

- collect all cards

- complete Shumi village quest

- complete all Chocobo forests

- reach level 100

- finish the game without Squall lvl up

- complete Ifrit side quest in less than 10 minutes

- upgrade all weapon

- kill ultima weapon

- collect all Quistis’ Blue Magic

- use Selphie’s The End

- unlock both ability pages for a G.F.

- kill 100 Kyactus

- cause a 9,999 damage

- defeat Edea

- defeat Adele

- increase G.F. affinity to 1000 for a character

- win 50 or 100 Triple Triad matches

- collect all G.F.s (instead one trophy for each one)

- get Odin (considering it’s not available on G.F. list)

and YES, i really love this game.

FF9 got 52 trophies (you enjoy the game at 101%), FF15 more than 60,

so... come on, just some (final) fantasy for these trophies...

• Like 1