Final Fantasy VIII Remastered launches 9/3

3 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

So I got my first answer today which was basically:

"You can add the theme to your profile after sending the preorder, after that you can use it"

I laughed hard and then wrote a nice and very long email about custumer support (which I also work in) and reading an email BEFORE answering them the wrong way.

So no helpful answer so far...

I'm pretty sure their customer service through email is probably located in like India. Though the call center is true fluent English in the US, and have used it before and it went smoothly and quickly.

Are you sure you checked under themes in settings? That's where I found mine instead of in the downloads/purchase on the ps4.

Another way is through the PlayStation phone app and go to PlayStation store>click your icon in the upper right hand corner>download list

It's there too, if not def call rather than email, email has got me nowhere with almost any company.

32 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Trophies r good, 1-2 day plat 

Agree to disagree ^^

I loathed FFIXs trophies(looking at you 10k kills and jump rope - _ -  )

But with VIIIs my main gripe is too many good side quests that are missing from the trophy list :'(

6 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm pretty sure their customer service through email is probably located in like India. Though the call center is true fluent English in the US, and have used it before and it went smoothly and quickly.

Are you sure you checked under themes in settings? That's where I found mine instead of in the downloads/purchase on the ps4.

Another way is through the PlayStation phone app and go to PlayStation store>click your icon in the upper right hand corner>download list

It's there too, if not def call rather than email, email has got me nowhere with almost any company.

Agree to disagree ^^

I loathed FFIXs trophies(looking at you 10k kills and jump rope - _ -  )

But with VIIIs my main gripe is too many good side quests that are missing from the trophy list :'(

Im happy bout dat . It took me almost 20 h to get the kills done in ff 9 -_-. I did it in front of my tv doin nothing and listen music  plus raged till the trophy appeared hah xD

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

yes I did and also tried to "update" that list by changing my design and used the shop icon from there to "find new" designs, but wasn't there either. 

8 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

tried that from my desktop too, its is not there. but I will try the settings again today maybe it will magically appear.

Well I am hard of hearing so using the phone to tell a stranger i might not understand is not that easy for me. Thats why I am always sad to hear that email support is just poor and only the phone really works. It shouldn't be like that. I wasn't always half deaf, life was easier than so to see this from the other side now sometimes makes me angry :/ 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Im happy bout dat . It took me almost 20 h to get the kills done in ff 9 -_-. I did it in front of my tv doin nothing and listen music  plus raged till the trophy appeared hah xD

Oh completely the same absolutely hated those 2 trophies, I'm glad it's not in FFVIII, 1k kills is perfect for a trophy.

14 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

yes I did and also tried to "update" that list by changing my design and used the shop icon from there to "find new" designs, but wasn't there either. 

tried that from my desktop too, its is not there. but I will try the settings again today maybe it will magically appear.

Well I am hard of hearing so using the phone to tell a stranger i might not understand is not that easy for me. Thats why I am always sad to hear that email support is just poor and only the phone really works. It shouldn't be like that. I wasn't always half deaf, life was easier than so to see this from the other side now sometimes makes me angry :/ 

Ahhh

Ok ya that sucks, I'm losing some of my hearing and I'm not happy about it.

And makes me want to go see a hearing Dr immediately to get checked out before something bad happens ><

Do they have live chat on the website? I don't remember.

Another is Twitter, Twitter is veryyy useful

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ahhh

Ok ya that sucks, I'm losing some of my hearing and I'm not happy about it.

And makes me want to go see a hearing Dr immediately to get checked out before something bad happens ><

Yeah you should. I noticed the change too late and now my best prognosis is another 10 years before I have to think about cochlea implant. My ears were perfectly fine one and I love music so this is heavy. 

Rather be overcautious than live with the consequences.

44 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Do they have live chat on the website? I don't remember.

Another is Twitter, Twitter is veryyy useful

I don't think so, I couldn't find a chat, but email is also very hidden on the german website.

I guess I will ask my husband to make a call for me then...

I mean it's only a theme but the last few weeks I sent so many mails to the support bc of different PSN issues, and nothing of it is solved yet, this just sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

Yeah you should. I noticed the change too late and now my best prognosis is another 10 years before I have to think about cochlea implant. My ears were perfectly fine one and I love music so this is heavy. 

Rather be overcautious than live with the consequences.

I don't think so, I couldn't find a chat, but email is also very hidden on the german website.

I guess I will ask my husband to make a call for me then...

I mean it's only a theme but the last few weeks I sent so many mails to the support bc of different PSN issues, and nothing of it is solved yet, this just sucks.

Its worth the effort for hardcore FFVIII fans.

I want to pursue this lack of hearing impaired customer service though. Sony isn't a bad company, but this is an oversight. I don't know a lot about Sony Europe's policies and practices though, only that you guys usually don't get games as soon as the US. 

Yup making the call to my ear nose and throat Dr today, you lit a fire under my butt. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 2:38 PM, Masamune said:

I spent quite a while playing that as well (if I remember correctly, it's a lot simpler that FFIX's Tetra Master), what kept me playing though was that you could change some of those card into some pretty useful items... but I think I preferred keeping most of them so I could have a complete set. 1f602.png

I would've loved to have a set of them IRL, kinda like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FINAL-FANTASY-VIII-CCG-Carddass-Masters-Triple-Triad-1-90-and-1-45-Cards-Set/173874333497?hash=item287bb7c739:g:wzgAAOSw6jJctRMn

Yep... that's out of my price range. 1f605.png

what sucks is that I had a full set back when they came out. too bad i sold them back then.

17 hours ago, cik93 said:

Was so excited to have finally this remaster, especially for trophy challenges (FF7 and FF9 sets were perfect, expect some grind trophies), then i seen these leaked list

https://underbuffed.com/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-trophies-leaked/

???

I hope seriously this set is a fake.

i actually like that list myself, still hoping there is a disc edition. maybe they will do a disc with all 3 (7, 8 & 9). otherwise i will wait for a sale.

17 hours ago, cik93 said:

Was so excited to have finally this remaster, especially for trophy challenges (FF7 and FF9 sets were perfect, expect some grind trophies), then i seen these leaked list

https://underbuffed.com/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-trophies-leaked/

???

I hope seriously this set is a fake.

That list looks just like the Steam achievement list, minus a few.

I am quite ok with it, assuming it is true.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

No trophies for killing thousands and thousands of enemies and not levelling up Squall? Noice.

9 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, a bit disappointed in the trophy list... 1f615.png I was hoping it was going to at least be close to an UR plat, but I think any hope of that has disappeared (this'll probably be around 25-30%). 1f605.png

Ya know having played FFVIII dozens of dozens of times, I never actually did the no level for highest stats strategy. So I was actually kinda looking forward to it. I would have played the game twice, once to enjoy it as it was always meant to be and then the no level run.

But I digress, I've been hawking about what bothers me the most and thats not including every side quest(no shumi village? Really? Or no Winhill side quest???!) Sigh

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya know having played FFVIII dozens of dozens of times, I never actually did the no level for highest stats strategy. So I was actually kinda looking forward to it. I would have played the game twice, once to enjoy it as it was always meant to be and then the no level run.

But I digress, I've been hawking about what bothers me the most and thats not including every side quest(no shumi village? Really? Or no Winhill side quest???!) Sigh

yeah I was also looking forwards to all GFs, but no phoenix, no odin (okay you have to get odin to get tombery), you can get all G.F. either the one or the other way, so no ultima weapon if you don't want to. and I thought they put the chocobo world in the game but no trophies regarding that? I was looking forwards to explore that. not complete at all... but I'm still happy its not a grind. there are a few other FF games coming like crystal chronicles that I love too so at least it won't block me for too long.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

So I got my first answer today which was basically:

"You can add the theme to your profile after sending the preorder, after that you can use it"

I laughed hard and then wrote a nice and very long email about custumer support (which I also work in) and reading an email BEFORE answering them the wrong way.

So no helpful answer so far...

Great lol
Doing their best as usual

• Like 1

On 20/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

i preordered ff8 5 minutes ago and there is no preorder theme :( has anyone else this issue? it wasn't in the download list, only the game, telling me that I have to wait another 13+ days. I want that theme, I payed for it :( I tried to find it in the store, in the bib and my themes...

Same, it even didn't appear on my XMB for the pre-download and the countdown time (but my PS4 is kinda "special": it's a FAT 500 GB bought it at D1, more than 2000 hours of lifetime, works perfectly even in summer with 31 degrees in house and 10-11 hours of continued gaming session lol

9 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

12 has cheats? That explains why people like it now.

You could always avoid using them. Unless you're one of those idiots that think that optional cheats "ruin their experience" for whatever reason, as someone wrote in the Steam discussions for that game (yeah, it's really full of idiots and whiners as i write this post)

The only good and useful thing they added is the speed boost, it's basically like pressing the spacebar on PC emulators lol.

4 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

but I'm still happy its not a grind. there are a few other FF games coming like crystal chronicles that I love too so at least it won't block me for too long.

Wait, Crystal Chronicles is getting a remaster too? It's been even longer since I played that than it's been since I played VIII (I don't think I ever finished it either). ? That's really a surprise though, I thought they'd re-release VI before Chronicles. :hmm:

6 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Wait, Crystal Chronicles is getting a remaster too? It's been even longer since I played that than it's been since I played VIII (I don't think I ever finished it either). ? That's really a surprise though, I thought they'd re-release VI before Chronicles. :hmm:

lol you didn't got the news? I'm happy to break them to you :D

it will come this year (earlier this year they said 2019 on ps4 and switch) but there is still no release date like it was with ff8. I think it will be november and I am SO HAPPY about it xD

• Like 1

Just now, Cryogenicide_X said:

I was wondering, I don't know a lot about FF8 but when getting all the GFs do you get them all like story related? Or are there certain things you have to do to get them all?

There are definitely optional ones, & if I'm not mistaken, I think at least one can even be missable. :hmm:

4 minutes ago, Masamune said:

There are definitely optional ones, & if I'm not mistaken, I think at least one can even be missable. :hmm:

Almost all are missable as you need to draw a lot of GFs from story bosses.

Edit: I learned that the hard way the first time I played FFVIII. Kept wondering when I would get my next GF ?...

Edited by The Tick

3 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Almost all are missable as you need to draw a lot of GFs from story bosses.

Edit: I learned that the hard way the first time I played FFVIII. Kept wondering when I would get my next GF 1f601.png...

Oh, so most the GFs if not all are acquired through using draw on the bosses.