Final Fantasy VIII Remastered launches 9/3

Just now, Cryogenicide_X said:

Oh I see. Well, I doubt it'll take very long for a guide to come out for it. 

There is a missables guide over at Steam, that will probably cover a lot more than what you need for the PS4 version though:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=600052120

Just now, The Tick said:

Almost all are missable as you need to draw a lot of GFs from story bosses.

I remember quite a few need to be drawn from bosses, but I couldn't remember if you missed them, you could get them at other locations or not. ?

I just remembered I got a strategy guide for it (along with every other PS1 FF game) earlier this year at a yard sale, I need to dig that out. :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Oh, so most the GFs if not all are acquired through using draw on the bosses. 

Yeah I think most of them, the other ones are related to sidequests. I’m not too sure about this as I haven’t played this game in years but I think the only GFs you automatically get are Quetzalcoatl, Shiva & Ifrit at the start of game...

Edited by The Tick

2 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Oh, so most the GFs if not all are acquired through using draw on the bosses. 

I found my guide! :yay: Looks like 5 of the 16 GFs (Siren, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, & Alexander) need to be drawn from certain bosses.

• Like 2

yeah all bosses that has to be drawn from bosses can be drawn exactly 2 times, but you can it only own one time. but if you miss it the first time you have to wait until the final dungeon, for a lot of reasons that should be avoided. and you cant miss for example alexander bc without him you cant get doomtrain so the one missed trophy would cause other missable trophies too.

Diablos is the most missable because he is only acquired through an item Cid gives you. Others can be drawn from bosses. If you miss X boss, you can draw it later from U's Castle, but there is a special requirement involving Alexander and Doomtrain, where Doom is missable if you don't get Alex the first time you can

Edited by sephiroth4424

56 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Diablos is the most missable because he is only acquired through an item Cid gives you. Others can be drawn from bosses. If you miss X boss, you can draw it later from U's Castle, but there is a special requirement involving Alexander and Doomtrain, where Doom is missable if you don't get Alex the first time you can

1 hour ago, The Tick said:

Yeah I think most of them, the other ones are related to sidequests. I’m not too sure about this as I haven’t played this game in years but I think the only GFs you automatically get are Quetzalcoatl, Shiva & Ifrit at the start of game...

Unfortunetly Doomtrain and Diabolos dont look to be on the trophy list :( Including Eden

I still encourage people to get them though

So boss related ones that need to be drawn from only

I can remember exactly which ones are drawn from bosses for the trophies

Trying to be vague for those that havnt played/dont remember the game at all

Siren: On top of the communication tower drawn from the second boss fight

Carbuncle: During the Parade drawn from either of the lizards, boss fight

Leviathan: In Balamb Garden from a boss fight

Pandamonium: In Balamb(the town) drawn from a different boss

Alexander: Galbadia Garden drawn from Edea boss fight

Edited by Dav9834
Changed one after thinking

So, I perused (but did not scour) this thread, and am wondering: does anyone know if they are going to find a way to add the material that was previously only available via PocketStation? I don't so much care for the PocketStation, but I would like to see some of the additional summon items; I've never seen them before.

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Unfortunetly Doomtrain and Diabolos dont look to be on the trophy list :( Including Eden

I still encourage people to get them though

So boss related ones that need to be drawn from only

Missing GFs, sidequests, & a lot of other stuff... it sounds like they stopped working on the trophy list half-way through or something. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Missing GFs, sidequests, & a lot of other stuff... it sounds like they stopped working on the trophy list half-way through or something. 1f605.png

Yeah. That's why I'm hoping this is only a partial list (although the article writer is crazy if he thinks there will be a low-level game trophy - no one ever does that, though Square did come close with their KH "Keep the same equipment" trophy).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, I perused (but did not scour) this thread, and am wondering: does anyone know if they are going to find a way to add the material that was previously only available via PocketStation? I don't so much care for the PocketStation, but I would like to see some of the additional summon items; I've never seen them before.

Is that the Chocobo World thing? According to the wiki, it was in the PC version, but removed in the remaster (but you can still get the exclusive items via Angelo)? :hmm:  https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chocobo_World

The

Chocobo World mini-game has been removed from Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. The exclusive items, however, can still be obtained via Angelo Search

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Is that the Chocobo World thing? According to the wiki, it was in the PC version, but removed in the remaster (but you can still get the exclusive items via Angelo)? :hmm:  https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chocobo_World

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I don't really care about the pocketstation game itself, but I've always wanted to see a Moomba summon (at least, my old strategy guide tells me there's such a thing).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I don't really care about the pocketstation game itself, but I've always wanted to see a Moomba summon (at least, my old strategy guide tells me there's such a thing).

Oh yeah, that little tiger looking thing, I almost forgot about him. xD I think the summon was suppose to be pretty good too (like always dealing 9999 damage).

I don't like the trophy list at all, and I don't see why cheats should disable trophies when they didn't in the previous ports (as the writer of that leak article suggested). I wish they did though, and I hope the leak is wrong or this could end up being my most common plat. We'll see ?

But, trophies are always secondary, I'm looking forward to experiencing this game again! :)

8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

You could always avoid using them. Unless you're one of those idiots that think that optional cheats "ruin their experience" for whatever reason, as someone wrote in the Steam discussions for that game (yeah, it's really full of idiots and whiners as i write this post)

The only good and useful thing they added is the speed boost, it's basically like pressing the spacebar on PC emulators lol.

I just hate 12 lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, cik93 said:

Where’s the definitive trophy set for ps4?

i’m downloading the game right now but no list yet 1f611.png

They're letting you DL now? It says I have to wait another few days and 4 hours to download

1 hour ago, cik93 said:

Yeah but i can’t play it until 3/9 1f602.png

Hey at least you get to download now ^^

So your all set till the launch!

I guess in Europe they're allowing downloading ahead of time, NA doesn't seem to have that luxury :(

8 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Hey at least you get to download now ^^

So your all set till the launch!

I guess in Europe they're allowing downloading ahead of time, NA doesn't seem to have that luxury :(

I went into the game in my library & it's letting me download it now too. ^_^ It's actually a lot smaller than I expected (3.338GB), VII & IX were around 4 & 5GBs. :hmm: 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I went into the game in my library & it's letting me download it now too. ^_^ It's actually a lot smaller than I expected (3.338GB), VII & IX were around 4 & 5GBs. :hmm: 

I hate you masa! 

Why cant I!!

:'(

Ok when I wake up imma investigate this, I needz ze dowloadz!

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 5:02 PM, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

I already contacted the support bc I wanted the theme BEFORE that day, pleasant anticipation and all... in the description I see that I will receive the theme when I payed the pre-order and I don't see why I should renounce for 2 weeks when my overall idea was to use the theme for the weeks before the game launches.

So hopefully the support can do something.

Yes, first world problems, I know.

Don't know if you've noticed, but on my end, the FF VIII theme appears on my theme list, but unlocks only in 1 day and 10 hours. Seems like some of us only get the preorder theme once the game is out !

• Like 1