Automated BTs Scripts (Arumat + Edge 30k and others)

4 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Wow thanks for all the effort, awesome! :)

I hope it will also work with the ps3 version :)

How difficulty was your 10 min EQ fight ? 

I'm not sure how it would work on ps3 version but I really hope it's somehow possible ?

For 10 min EQ fight......well, I tried for about 3 fights on 6 Winged EQ, and my best time was 10:17, and got pretty lucky on that one. I think if I were to go back now I could do it in under 10 minutes, since I have a better idea of how to blindside with Meracle to wreck her. So I loaded up an old save of 2 Winged EQ, about 8 hours before I was even ready to fight her (since I had no super-tri emblems), and beat her in 2:50. So it's kind of ridiculous how overpowered she becomes, by far the most difficult BT I know of, though I haven't had to do any Faize trophies yet (which apparently are just grindy). 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Ok nice, congrats for that EQ fight??

Its fine if this doesn't work with the ps3 version, back in the days i already Invest 100+ hours in this Game with my old Account, so i know what kindof a grind i have to expect??

So do you want to build a Script for faize also ??

For the 55 Grigori? haha, I wonder if it's even possible, it takes a lot of routing but I do think some of it is slightly possible. Fighting Gabe though, I'm not sure how I can write a script for that ?

• Like 1

Great Work , this easily shoves away around 150+ hours of boring and tedious grinding.

the last set of trophies (Jumping, Rolling, etc..) could be AFIKed using turbo controllers, but still this script is much better, too bad it won't work for PS3, anyways,that leaves Ethereal Queen with Lymel under 10 Minuites, Baccus Ology drops, and Fayze's Grigori BT, as the only troubling BTs, that and the silly bunny races.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hsn963 said:

Great Work , this easily shoves away around 150+ hours of boring and tedious grinding.

the last set of trophies (Jumping, Rolling, etc..) could be AFIKed using turbo controllers, but still this script is much better, too bad it won't work for PS3, anyways,that leaves Ethereal Queen with Lymel under 10 Minuites, Baccus Ology drops, and Fayze's Grigori BT, as the only troubling BTs, that and the silly bunny races.

True true, I'm hoping to get back to the Cadronian Mothership tomorrow to get a Bacchus robotics drops script in, since I missed it my first playthrough. Those bunny races, man they are rough but the SO3 Bunny races were insanely dumb. I wrote a script to do those too lol, took 70 hours I think. Bonkers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I could also use the colosseum Script to get the fight 3000 Battle's with faize, right?

I'm not really into BT's from faize, sorry if this is a dumb question ^^

According to the BT guide by Vexacion, you can indeed!

But if I had to guess, the -Ology drops script would be faster, all it does is Use Meracle's Ocarina > Wait for Battle > Check if battle is finished, if yes > Repeat loop.

So I think with weak enemies grouped up you can get about 5-10 fights / minute where as colosseum is about 1.4 / minute

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 1

Just now, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Oh ok thank you for the Info! @Septomor

Did you know if there is any difference between the ps3 and ps4 Version? Like the savestate for the battle trophies etc. or is everything like the ps3 version? :)

I'm not sure since I haven't played the ps3 version, but my understanding is every thing is the same. For ps4 at least, once you save at any time, your BT save file is saved as well. But you still can't have 2999 battles on one save file, and get the last battle on a different one. That's about all I know ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Septomor said:

I hope I made it clear, I'm not trying to start a debate about anything, just trying to show, people wanting to automate it for the last 9 years, if it goes against your beliefs then I'm sorry you feel that way. In no way do I diminish what others who have achieved it legitimately, I exalt those people. If you don't want to use them, then you are free to do so, I hope people who get it legit take pride.  1f642.png

Nicely said. And I’m not judging or anything. Many people will probably make use of this and they should if they want to. I’m not a fan of a laptop doing all the hard work for you, that’s all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I can understand the statement from @The Tick also, for Games like FF9 i wouldn't use any of these.

But in Star ocean its a 200+ hours grind, where it doesn't matter if i use my hori Controller, a rubberband or a Script.^^

Especially after I have already finished the ps3 version.1f643.png1f605.png

I do feel bad for writing the FF9 jump rope one, at the time it was more just to see if it was possible (plus I had already done it on the PS1). Since then, I've been mostly reserving it for things that are repetitive rather than skill based. For instance in FF9, the Bloodlust (?) trophy for killing 10000 enemies (hey that sounds familiar) even with the script + 3x speed took 35 hours after beating the game. That kind of automation I feel more justified in and will try to remain scripting to those ? Though I do admit it's a dangerous path, I just hope we don't see full games done this way.

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2019 at 3:42 AM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I could also use the colosseum Script to get the fight 3000 Battle's with faize, right?

I'm not really into BT's from faize, sorry if this is a dumb question ^^

Oh boy and i've forgot these bunny races1f643.png1f605.png?

Hey good news, I was able to get a good Faize script for the 3000 battles. Turns out you just have to run from battle and it still counts! It's also pretty fast, about 240 battles per hour if in the Palace of Creation, probably faster than possible manually ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josey_Wales_1865 said:

I'm not computer savvy.  Can something like this be done for the PS3 version as well?  I recently picked that version up.

I just looked it up, it seems there is something for PS3 remote play, while I don't intended to for the time being pick up the ps3 version of the game, it actually looks like it might be nearly the same thing. 

Download for PS3 Remote Play

Info:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00012677

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/downloads/W0006064

but I'm a little confused about how to get any of this, as it states only certain models of PC's can use it? In addition, though I don't think it'd be a problem, they list that only windows 7 options (which I don't think would be an issue if you have 8, 8.1 or 10). I can try testing out just playing my PS3 later and see if it's even possible from Windows 10.

Edit: Alright, I'm understanding it a bit more, there are ways to make this work for ps3 for sure, though I'm unsure if the current scripts will work for it, and the process is a tad annoying as you have to "patch" the PS3 Remote Play application a bit to run from your PC. It appears sony did try to lock out most computers by putting an "accepted computers" list, but people have figured out how to get around it. Anyways the answer is yes.

Edit edit: Yeah it's completely possible, these scripts won't work out of the box with the PS3 version though, some editing would be necessary, also note that PS3 Remote Play is significantly laggier than PS4 Remote Play, in addition to apparently SO:TLH is prone to crashing in long sessions. That being said, maybe one day we can look into it ?

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Septomor said:

Hey good news, I was able to get a good Faize script for the 3000 battles. Turns out you just have to run from battle and it still counts! It's also pretty fast, about 240 battles per hour if in the Palace of Creation, probably faster than possible manually 1f642.png 

Good News ??

Thanks for your work!

maybe i really try these Scripts for the ps4 Version.

Buti  i think i will play the ps3 version in the normal way again at first.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, boomgo99 said:

I have not been able to get it to work.  It stays in an infinite loop.  Meracle plays the ocarina but in battle he only heals (Edge) but does not attack.  What am I doing wrong?

I'll be blunt, you're better off just doing the kills manually than using a script every time and expecting it to work. Just slap on a Youtube video, Hulu, Netflix, whatever, and just marathon a series of some sorts or something to pass the time. It is not that bad that you have to abuse something like this to just fall flat on your face, then give up because it will not work.

To reiterate, manual kills, both 30k kills, can be done faster than simply using something like this. It is a pain in the ass, yes, trust me I did it manually on PS3 as well, but it is not worth it in the end to turbo or whatever and get kills. What happens if the actions the script follows does not go through while you are asleep or afk? Then what? Well, for starters, you just wasted what time you could have utilized to get kills manually, but instead you have Edge standing there doing nothing. At least when you manually do it, it is based on you and you alone rather than just depending on something else entirely. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, boomgo99 said:

I have not been able to get it to work.  It stays in an infinite loop.  Meracle plays the ocarina but in battle he only heals (Edge) but does not attack.  What am I doing wrong?

If you can give me a few hours I can fix it. The problem is due to an update to ps remote play after the ps5 came out. Someone pointed it out to me and I fixed one of the scripts but didn't update the rest at the time. Sorry about the confusion. 

Also if you could give some info, what buttons do you use to attack, open up the menu, cancel? Because I haven't play SO4 in 3 years, but if I remember you have to open the menu to heal, so you press :triangle: and then select heal somehow. Also you don't want to resize the window or move things around. I have to download SO4 so it'll take me a few hours to check that it works. 

Edited by Septomor

12 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

I'll be blunt, you're better off just doing the kills manually than using a script every time and expecting it to work. Just slap on a Youtube video, Hulu, Netflix, whatever, and just marathon a series of some sorts or something to pass the time. It is not that bad that you have to abuse something like this to just fall flat on your face, then give up because it will not work.

To reiterate, manual kills, both 30k kills, can be done faster than simply using something like this. It is a pain in the ass, yes, trust me I did it manually on PS3 as well, but it is not worth it in the end to turbo or whatever and get kills. What happens if the actions the script follows does not go through while you are asleep or afk? Then what? Well, for starters, you just wasted what time you could have utilized to get kills manually, but instead you have Edge standing there doing nothing. At least when you manually do it, it is based on you and you alone rather than just depending on something else entirely. 

I can attest to this.  When I was grinding kills for Edge/Arumat, Netflix and Hulu were my friends.  I honestly think I couldn't have stayed conscious if I didn't have access to some kind of streaming service.