Community thoughts

happyman778

58 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

People say it's a lot better to play it in Co-Op, if anyone is looking for a partner I'm available

How's the game, is it buggy like some reviews are saying?  Still on the fence of buying it now or once things are fixed.

53 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

How's the game, is it buggy like some reviews are saying?  Still on the fence of buying it now or once things are fixed.

I'm seeing and hearing some mixed things.  From the gameplay that I have seen the game can be pretty punishing, especially solo.  Also, when playing co-op the enemies will scale to the player with the highest level.  So if you are way below your co-op partner(s) you are going to get destroyed.  The trophy list isn't really anything crazy, mostly just grinding out gear, traits, scrap, and weapons.  The bosses, I'm assuming, are story based depending on whether or not each boss is in each playthrough due to the randomized nature of the game (not sure on that one).  I read the Slant Magazine review and it's a terrible review, not going to pay attention to that one at all.

It's almost a given that this game will require multiple playthroughs if you are going for the plat.  It's going to be a grind for sure.  Now I'm just wondering if I should wait as the dev has stated there will be DLC for the game or pick it up while there is still a playerbase.  Since this game is flying under the radar of so many gamers it is hard to tell just how big the community will be for the game in a month or two, especially with Borderlands 3, MHW: Iceborne, and Shadowkeep releasing soon.

To anyone who has played the game: How are the loading times in between different areas and after deaths?

7 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Does this game have a difficulty setting? Can you play it on easy if you’re playing solo? 

No difficulty settings as far as I can tell. I believe it's like Dark Souls where you can't change and then it gets harder with each NG+. There is a "reroll world" option at checkpoints but I haven't explored it yet. Believe it starts the game over, with you retaining everything you've earned, rearranges the areas you will see in that run and resets the enemy levels so enemies in each new area you enter will be your level plus one. 

One thing I learned quickly was that you need to stay stocked up on bandages and other negative status removing items especially when playing solo. Bleeding and such last a LONG time in this game and you're going to burn through your healing items very quickly if you don't remove the negative status. Reggie in Ward 13 sells them. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, SirShavesALot said:

I'm seeing and hearing some mixed things.  From the gameplay that I have seen the game can be pretty punishing, especially solo.  Also, when playing co-op the enemies will scale to the player with the highest level.  So if you are way below your co-op partner(s) you are going to get destroyed.  The trophy list isn't really anything crazy, mostly just grinding out gear, traits, scrap, and weapons.  The bosses, I'm assuming, are story based depending on whether or not each boss is in each playthrough due to the randomized nature of the game (not sure on that one).  I read the Slant Magazine review and it's a terrible review, not going to pay attention to that one at all.

It's almost a given that this game will require multiple playthroughs if you are going for the plat.  It's going to be a grind for sure.  Now I'm just wondering if I should wait as the dev has stated there will be DLC for the game or pick it up while there is still a playerbase.  Since this game is flying under the radar of so many gamers it is hard to tell just how big the community will be for the game in a month or two, especially with Borderlands 3, MHW: Iceborne, and Shadowkeep releasing soon.

To anyone who has played the game: How are the loading times in between different areas and after deaths?

The loading times aren't too bad. They're longer than most games, but they're pretty far between most of the time. Death loading screens don't take near as long.

As far as difficulty goes, there's 3 options Normal, Hard and Nightmare which you can select when you reroll the world. Rerolling resets all loot, bosses and progress, but not you're weapons, traits or character stats. 

The game is good. There are a few glitched trophies right now (I've run into 4 myself). 

If you're going to start it solo, be prepared to die a lot. Actually, either way, be prepared to die a lot. :P It's a lot easier with others due to revives and the extra guns, but I've heard enemy toughness and amounts increase slightly. 

Overall, it's a great game!

Edited by LostLightLegacy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LostLightLegacy said:

The loading times aren't too bad. They're longer than most games, but they're pretty far between most of the time. Death loading screens don't take near as long.

There is no loading on a Pro after dying. The game takes you immediately back to the last checkpoint. This is huge considering how much you'll be dying, especially solo. 

The game is pretty compelling despite the bugs, trophy glitches and single-player mode feeling a bit unbalanced.  Exploring feels very rewarding because you're going to need every bit of scrap, crafting material and equipment you can find. 

14 minutes ago, reiner- said:

I've been hearing that this is "a Souls like game with guns".

How true is this?

Being a Souls fanboy I would jump at this in a second.

Id say that's pretty accurate,  I definitely get the Souls feeling from it.  There are bonfires, and the difficulty Is up there, bosses are great from what I have fought so far and there is stamina management and dodge rolling.   Enemies don't have set spawns and pathing tho like in souls it is more random.

Also the game randomly generates your world so you wont fight every enemy on every playthrough, different loot in different games,  and map layouts are different.  

I just played some online public games,  got some good loot from someone else's world and then went back to mine which I find amazing.  

As a Souls fan as well I would recommend it I am having a blast playing.  One thing I want to mention is the first hour is pretty lame and the game doesn't look that great for some reason in the tutorial area but once you get into the actual game the game looks a lot better.

• Like 1

I gotta be honest, I'm actually intrigued... It seems to be very similar to Immortal: Unchained, which was also described as a "soulslike but with guns", but with a more interesting setting and enemy design. I will keep an eye on this... 

I hope Gunfire Games optimized this game better than Darksiders III... Not surprised to hear about bugs and too long loading times to be honest ?

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I gotta be honest, I'm actually intrigued... It seems to be very similar to Immortal: Unchained, which was also described as a "soulslike but with guns", but with a more interesting setting and enemy design. I will keep an eye on this... 

I hope Gunfire Games optimized this game better than Darksiders III... Not surprised to hear about bugs and too long loading times to be honest 1f605.png

It definitely has its issues,  it has crashed a couple times on me but nothing too bad,  I am honestly having as much fun as I did with Sekiro and Sekiro was my favorite game to release this year.  If you can put up with a crash or two I would say it is definitely worth it.  Loading times can take a bit but nothing too bad and you won't be loading much,  you get about 30-40 minutes of gameplay per area then load the next area so it isn't so bad.

• Like 1

You don't lose anything upon dying which is a big difference from Souls but yeah, there are definitely similarities. To touch on something that hasn't been mentioned, the equipment upgrade system works like Souls where you upgrade standard equipment to +5 using Iron then +6 to +10 takes forged iron and so on. You can make weapons and mods from boss "souls" as well and those weapons require special materials to upgrade. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happyman778 said:

Is it only a digital release? I couldn't find it on Amazon.

I have only just realised this. ?

Quite disappointed. I always prefer physical copies but if this game is as good as you guys say then I'm willing to go ahead and purchase it.