tjoe1bkhjtqxm

NG+ and side missions already completed?

8 posts in this topic

I've just started NG+ and I have a question about the side missions I have already completed in my first run. 

I'm obviously playing on the same savegame but how are counted now?

I have to repeat all of them for the trophy? 

It will appear the yellow exclamation mark ! only for the side missions I haven't done in first playthrough or it will appear even for those I have already done (with the risk of doing again a mission I have already done)? 

And another thing: when I'm playing the main story it asks me "Do you want to skip this part of game you have already done Yes or No". Since I want to complete the whole game DLCs included at 100% I can choose Yes with no worries or there's a risk I miss to receive some side missions or discover some named place that can be accessible in the part of the game I'm skipping? 

Sorry for all these questions but it's some months I'm not playing huge games that requires lot of attentions to complete them 100% and Borderlands 2 is definitely one of these 😂 thankfully I have already killed Jimmy Jenkins and received a weapon from Michael that spawned immediately in Sanctuary 

The side missions need to be completed in one playthrough for the trophy, you can't do half of them on normal mode and other half on TVHM. You'll have to either complete them all on TVHM or switch back to your first playthrough at the main menu and complete them all on normal mode to get the trophy.

If you're looking for advice, you're probably better off doing them on normal mode for that trophy, since you've presumably already completed many of them on that playthrough.

1 minute ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

The side missions need to be completed in one playthrough for the trophy, you can't do half of them on normal mode and other half on TVHM. You'll have to either complete them all on TVHM or switch back to your first playthrough at the main menu and complete them all on normal mode to get the trophy.

If you're looking for advice, you're probably better off doing them on normal mode for that trophy, since you've presumably already completed many of them on that playthrough.

This^

Everything has to be done in 1 playthrough, else it won't count. The only trophies you can spread over the 3 playthroughs, are the ones related to challenges and visiting every part of every map.

If you answer yes to the "Do you want to skip this part of game you have already done Yes or No" question, then you can royally screw yourself over when it comes to the location trophies so always say "no".

Posted (edited)

On 20/8/2019 at 0:56 PM, ZitMeatloaf said:

On 20/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, HuntingFever said:

This^

Everything has to be done in 1 playthrough, else it won't count. The only trophies you can spread over the 3 playthroughs, are the ones related to challenges and visiting every part of every map.

If you answer yes to the "Do you want to skip this part of game you have already done Yes or No" question, then you can royally screw yourself over when it comes to the location trophies so always say "no".

😒😳 Alright thanks, I should have asked before starting this game, so many hours wasted lol 

Open world games of nowadays are definitely not so messed up as this one, so I should do all the side quests again ahah no thanks, goodbye platinum 👋 

Hoping the 3 will have the easy standards ways of most recent games to achieve the platinum. 

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

On 20/8/2019 at 0:56 PM, ZitMeatloaf said:

switch back to your first playthrough at the main menu and complete them all on normal mode to get the trophy.

Sorry man for quoting you again but that day I was busy and I've read your answer too quickly... I misunterstood your answer thinking that even if I switch to my first playthrough with my character the counter of side missions done was set back to 0.

Instead no right? Switching to normal mode it still counts all the side quests I've already done

4 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Sorry man for quoting you again but that day I was busy and I've read your answer too quickly... I misunterstood your answer thinking that even if I switch to my first playthrough with my character the counter of side missions done was set back to 0.

Instead no right? Switching to normal mode it still counts all the side quests I've already done

The game allows you to switch between playthroughs so you can always return to the previous one to complete any sidequests you have left to do. Some sidequest are kinda designed that way with the recommended level requirement being something like level 50 when you should be around level 30 when finishing your first playthrough.

Posted (edited)

All missions must be done on one playthrough, either on normal or True Vault Hunter. You can switch between normal and TVHM playthroughs anytime by selecting your character.

As right now, I have one side mission left: beating Terramorphous the Invincible on normal mode. I have yet to level up at least to 50. I’m doing the DLC on True Vault Hunter mode in the meantime so I level up faster.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

2 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Correct, any side quests you've already finished on normal mode will still be completed. You won't need to redo those quests.