How do you progress in this game?

NashtyMouse

I really don’t understand how this game works. Is there any way to make overall progression, or do you have to start over literally every time you die? I’ve Went through like 5 runs so far and keep getting to 1-3, but it’s already getting tedious having to play through the beginning levels each time I die. Am I missing something?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/20/2019 at 1:06 PM, Stormwarrior90 said:

Why it's a ultra rare plat? Too grindy? 

Grindy is certainly one way to say it! It mainly comes from completing the Tome of the Ancients. This means you need to acquire everything in the game at least once, which includes consumable items, artifacts, all endo- and exo-mutations, lore, and endings, among a few other minor things. Keep in mind, this game is a rogue-lite of sorts, so you are at the mercy of RNG to give you the things you're missing!

The part that irks me about this is that the devs must have patched in new "consumable items" that you don't actually use, that are now required for the 100%. You can only find them in the first world, from skeleton carcasses. I've found about 5 of them, but they keep giving me the same ones over and over and over again, so I'm still missing about 10 of them. 

Another glitchy trophy is for the completing the Cathode Raider tasks. I have done every single one at least 3 times now, but the trophy won't pop. But 3 other ppl have completed it, so it's definitely possible!

Such an awesome, hidden gem of a game! Tricky trophies aside, I very highly recommend this one. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.12.2019 at 8:10 PM, integra_93GS-R said:

Grindy is certainly one way to say it! It mainly comes from completing the Tome of the Ancients. This means you need to acquire everything in the game at least once, which includes consumable items, artifacts, all endo- and exo-mutations, lore, and endings, among a few other minor things. Keep in mind, this game is a rogue-lite of sorts, so you are at the mercy of RNG to give you the things you're missing!

The part that irks me about this is that the devs must have patched in new "consumable items" that you don't actually use, that are now required for the 100%. You can only find them in the first world, from skeleton carcasses. I've found about 5 of them, but they keep giving me the same ones over and over and over again, so I'm still missing about 10 of them. 

Another glitchy trophy is for the completing the Cathode Raider tasks. I have done every single one at least 3 times now, but the trophy won't pop. But 3 other ppl have completed it, so it's definitely possible!

Such an awesome, hidden gem of a game! Tricky trophies aside, I very highly recommend this one. 

How often did u finished the game, i thought, or hoped that, the more complete runs you have, the Quests will change... But it's after all an idea, i dont understand the mechanics in it's smallest parts... oO

GrEEtZ

9 hours ago, Suntropology said:

How often did u finished the game, i thought, or hoped that, the more complete runs you have, the Quests will change... But it's after all an idea, i dont understand the mechanics in it's smallest parts... oO

GrEEtZ

I need to disappoint you on that, the quests on some of the items are an utter rng nightmare and you will most likely need hundreds of runs to get everything. I had 150 and the last 40 alone for 1 task and I think @integra_93GS-R had even more since we worked together on figuring out how to speed up things. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fleks_Mhteam said:

I need to disappoint you on that, the quests on some of the items are an utter rng nightmare and you will most likely need hundreds of runs to get everything. I had 150 and the last 40 alone for 1 task and I think @integra_93GS-R had even more since we worked together on figuring out how to speed up things. 

Thanks @Fleks_Mhteam for helping me work everything out! @Suntropology it really is just pure RNG to make the tasks happen. There are some things you can do to increase your chances at certain tasks, and I'd be happy to offer tips and suggestions on what the tasks are and how to get them. There are 2 tasks in particular for the Cathode Raiders, one in which you need a cave to spawn, and another that requires a bomb shelter to spawn on the 1st 2 levels. Even then, you are at RNG's mercy to even get those tasks from the Raiders.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, integra_93GS-R said:

I should also clarify something I posted previously: both @Fleks_Mhteam and I got the Nerd trophy to pop without having acquired all of the consumable items mentioned here, so the thought is they may not be required. I got the last endo mutation I was missing and was still missing one of said items when I got the trophy. I'd say to anyone going for that, don't focus so much on those but completing the rest of the Tome first. 

• Like 2

The game is fun but that sounds really horrible... xD
Grindfest RNG Hell... actually i stopped playing it coz of the fact that i still run nearly blind through the game, i don't know what to do to maximize the runs...

but when here now one of the 100% Players is writing...
what's to do for Green Machine (i got the first 2 plants there, don't know the third - didn't saw a third one oO)

and same with Greed Is Good (I'm Chrome Member, right now the Trophy didn't pop, so i think that Desert Chrome and Chrome aren't the same) - how much is needed for that one?

Is a little guide planned on this game...

I still find it is a hard game, normaly I'm a friend of Range in such games... And on youtube isn't that much about it...

Thanks in advance

Edited by Suntropology
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 4:09 AM, Suntropology said:

The game is fun but that sounds really horrible... xD
Grindfest RNG Hell... actually i stopped playing it coz of the fact that i still run nearly blind through the game, i don't know what to do to maximize the runs...

but when here now one of the 100% Players is writing...
what's to do for Green Machine (i got the first 2 plants there, don't know the third - didn't saw a third one oO)

and same with Greed Is Good (I'm Chrome Member, right now the Trophy didn't pop, so i think that Desert Chrome and Chrome aren't the same) - how much is needed for that one?

Is a little guide planned on this game...

I still find it is a hard game, normaly I'm a friend of Range in such games... And on youtube isn't that much about it...

Thanks in advance

Honestly just keep playing! I don't think there is a whole lot you can do to maximize your runs. You'll keep unlocking new things in the tome as you play. Try to pick up every item and artifact that you find, you don't have to use items to get the entry for them in the Tome.

Okay, if you're missing the 3rd plant, it is a King Fruit that can only be found on levels 3-1 and 3-2. The trick to it is, you have to find it on 3-1 to be able to give it to the gardener guy. They are a bit rare and harder to spot, but you find them the same as the other fruits.

You are correct, Desert Chrome is different and I think it requires 5000? I can't remember exactly.

Unfortunately there is not much information out there on this game. I have considered doing a trophy guide for it, but it may take me some time to complete! There is quite a bit to cover here. 

• Like 1

On 24.1.2020 at 3:58 PM, integra_93GS-R said:

Honestly just keep playing! I don't think there is a whole lot you can do to maximize your runs. You'll keep unlocking new things in the tome as you play. Try to pick up every item and artifact that you find, you don't have to use items to get the entry for them in the Tome.

Okay, if you're missing the 3rd plant, it is a King Fruit that can only be found on levels 3-1 and 3-2. The trick to it is, you have to find it on 3-1 to be able to give it to the gardener guy. They are a bit rare and harder to spot, but you find them the same as the other fruits.

You are correct, Desert Chrome is different and I think it requires 5000? I can't remember exactly.

Unfortunately there is not much information out there on this game. I have considered doing a trophy guide for it, but it may take me some time to complete! There is quite a bit to cover here. 

Thanks for the Information...
A Guide would be great but i don't know if it's worth the hard work coz the game is still a little underrated and not that popular i think...
But i would take it for sure coz the game is really fun but hard AF too i think... xD

but i think i will do some fresh runs these days :)

thx

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 4:14 AM, Suntropology said:

Thanks for the Information...
A Guide would be great but i don't know if it's worth the hard work coz the game is still a little underrated and not that popular i think...
But i would take it for sure coz the game is really fun but hard AF too i think... xD

but i think i will do some fresh runs these days :)

thx

Just so you know, our guide has been uploaded and is available today! For whenever you are ready to jump back in @Suntropology ;) 

• Like 1

On 31.1.2020 at 5:18 PM, integra_93GS-R said:

Just so you know, our guide has been uploaded and is available today! For whenever you are ready to jump back in @Suntropology ;) 

Was directly on with Favourite tagged :)
Yesterday i get the Rayman Platinum, so now is a little more time for a daily run :)

Hope i will get some more progress :)

thanks guys...

• Like 1