Online co-op games for 2 people?

Gr4de_04

Hey everyone,

I fell in love with this girl and we wanted to play some co-op games with each other. She's in the USA and I'm in EU so I am looking for online co-op games that can be played with 2 people. I'm looking for PS4 recommendations. Anything is fine as long as it isn't super difficult and if its a game that we could play at our own pace. Something you can do without too much critical thinking so we also have time to have nice chats with each other without having to interrupt it by calling out commands or having to focus constantly to not to die or something. genre doesn't really matter.

p.s.: I did found this thread but these all seem to be offline co-op titles, i can't find any threads for online co-op titles.

• Like 1

A few that come to mind are:

- Borderlands

- God Eater

- Dying Light

There's definitely much more options but these are the ones that come to mind. They may require some thinking early on, but once you have a grasp of the games mechanics you can really talk about anything while playing. 

• Like 1

My best friend and I love playing games together online so I have a couple that we have played that are great fun.

Borderlands 1, 2, Pre-sequel (and 3 when it comes out) - These are one of the last great co-op multiplayer games I feel, and they are simply a blast. Whether you want to proceed with the campaign or just screw around these games supply hours and hours of fun.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 - These are classic PS2 titles that got released on PS4 and are just some old fashioned co-op arcadiness that I can't get enough of. They may feel somewhat aged now but I don't think it hinders any of the good times that can be had.

Monster Hunter: World - Monster Hunter games aren't for everyone so be sure to check it out, but the MH games are some of the best co-op around. Taking down monsters the size of buildings with swords the size of VW's, while standing side by side with your fellow hunters is an incredible sensation.

A Way Out - I haven't actually played this one, but it looks good and is on my list. A story driven prison breakout game with some cool uses of the two player co-op theme of the game.

Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh - All souls or soulslike titles that utilize the funky summoning multiplayer of those games. Co-oping through these games can be a bit tough due to this strange system, but are actually waaaaay more fun that way. In my opinion.

Some others are God Eater and Dying Light, as mentioned above, Elder Scrolls Online if you like MMOs, or For Honor, but the Campaign in that game is super short so it's probably not worth buying if you will only play the campaign.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Destiny, Minecraft, Diablo 3, Don't starve together, keep talking and nobody explodes, world war Z, sniper elite 2 - 3 - 4 or zombie army trilogy, Far cry 4 - 5 - new dawn, killing floor 2, saint's row 4 - Gat out of hell, Resident evil 5 - 6 - revelations (raid mode) Dead island 1 - riptide. 

If I remember anymore I'll update.

Edited by danielc655

Dying Light (insanely fun game, with tons of replay-value and content)

Dead Nation

Far Cry 4, 5, and New Dawn

Borderlands, The Pre-sequel, and 2 (3 also comes out next month)

God Eater, 2, and 3

Man of Medan (based on what the developers have said about coop so far)

Me and the wife have been playing alot of farm together and wolfenstien young blood.

Young blood you can buy the 40 dollar version and play with two people on separate consoles. 

Farm together is really relaxing to be honest. Our nights for the last month have been logging in to check the farm. Do some stuff and then logging out. Stuff grows in real time while you are logged out. Crops are 15min to 2 days. 

Hey man if your needing too find some games I would suggest checking out the site Co-Optimus it's a site catered specifically to showing which games have co-op couch, online, Lan whatever. You can even sort that games by genre and system so you both can easily find stuff to check out. I use it with my buds all the time when we look at getting games since there four of us

• Like 1

I have been playing Helldivers in 2-player online coop recently. It's a lot of fun, and it doesn't have long cutscenes or anything. Choose your planet / mission and 20 seconds later you're shooting extraterrestrial bugs.

You can also leave your session open and up to 2 more random people can join your game (they often do), or make it so only your "friends" can join. 

On PS4:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

DIablo 3

Overcooked 2

No Man's Sky if you just want to spend time exploring

Resogun

On PS3:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank All For One

Syndicate

It really depends what you are into but some I have played with my husband:

Portal Knights 

Monster Hunter: World 

Diablo III 

Conan Exiles

Alienation

Destiny 2 

Dead Nation

All ps4.

Also Don't Starve Together, although he won't play that with me.

Hope that helps! ?

• 2 weeks later...