Traditionalist

Just spent a large sum to try and get it and failed coming away very annoyed. At 3300 steel or so so I still got a good number of attempts left but... has this trophy become harder? As I understand new faction cards were added which are in the arena. I've come close a few times, once having 4 different cards at x2 but never got a x3.

I've read on the little I can find that at times they've had 1 faction only events in the arena... that something that happens often? It the only real way to get this trophy? If you can't count on such at thing... any tips? Like, cards you notice show up more than others?

Unrelated but does the arena give more XP then standard play?

I don't know for sure but I would expect this trophy to be harder with more cards added to the game. I did it at the PS4 launch and it took me quite a few games before I finally managed to draft three of the same card. Best you can do is just keep playing arena, which isn't a bad idea for grinding XP anyway.

Andd yes, there have been faction events where it's pretty easy to get like five to six copies of the same card. Not sure if they're still a thing though.

Well I did 30 attempts so yeah, it is no joke now. Event is changing over in a day or two so I'm hoping that arena events are a thing still yes as I don't see how it can be gotten otherwise. Just not going to bother with using the steel I got left after that and save it for last. 

Okay I finally got it after another 10 attempts. 1st, 4th, and 15th card. A Bronze Skellige card.

However yeah, anybody starting this should be aware that the Traditionalist trophy has become much harder to get due to there being more cards. Granted it ultimately is luck based so you could get it straight away if lucky, but the % of getting it is much reduced just be aware of that.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Worked for me a month ago. Are you 100% sure that you had the exact same cards? Plenty of similar looking cards.

Yes, I'm pretty sure. The first time it didn't pop I told myself that maybe I was wrong, that maybe one version of the card was a premium one and another was a standard one, but apparently that's not the case. I checked myself - I got the three of the exactly same cards another 2 or 3 times, and still no trophy.

18 hours ago, DennisBosater said:

Yes, I was wondering the same.
I've had three of the same cards on two different occasions now. No trophy.

Yeah, I really thing it's bugged or something :/

I also noticed now that the last person who got the trophy on the site, got it on 28 of August... Maybe the last updates of the game fucked up something, who knows...

Edited by TheDarkBlade9
  • Like 1

On 8. 9. 2019 at 5:32 AM, TheDarkBlade9 said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure. The first time it didn't pop I told myself that maybe I was wrong, that maybe one version of the card was a premium one and another was a standard one, but apparently that's not the case. I checked myself - I got the three of the exactly same cards another 2 or 3 times, and still no trophy.

Yeah, I really thing it's bugged or something :/

I also noticed now that the last person who got the trophy on the site, got it on 28 of August... Maybe the last updates of the game fucked up 

Yep, same problem here... My arena deck has three Drummers but no trophy :(.

• Like 2

Okay, it is the last trophy remaining before the platinum for me ?

Do you know if it was before or after the last hotfix, which was released after the latest patch (given at the start of Dryad season)?Actually, after the patch, there was a big lag and some seasonal quests were bugged, which were the reasons of the hotfix. 

So please give details.

Moreover, by looking before on the gwent site, an easy thing to do would be to reinstall the game and if it would make this trophy pop (by chance). 

You can also write to gwent support. I wrote to them about the issues above and I got an answer one day after (cd projekt always serious?). They will tell for sure if is a known issue or not (take your id gwent in the menu options)

Hello, nothing new, only short news:

1. The trophy records on psnprofiles says that nobody has gotten this trophy since August 28th, which indicates that the trophy is almost surely currently bugged (surely from the start of the season of the Dryad and its patch ... ). 

2. I am going to write to Gwent support to tell them about this issue, to check in which measure this bug is known and taken into account by them and also to ask them, when they solve it (I hope in the next patch which should release around the new season starting October 2) to put a patch note about it.

Edited by djippps

7 hours ago, IDiivil said:

No one has earned the trophy in a month. Definitely bugged. 

After many Arena runs I eventually got three copies and it didn't pop. Argggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is after I've had so many two copies cards lol. I had one game where i had 4 of 2 card copies. Oh well I still have the 6 win run to do

i got the following answer for my message: 

Hey,
Thank you for reaching out.
Please try triggering the achievement after downloading the today's update. It should be fixed already.
Regards,

So the patch of today released with the start of the season of the cat (October 2, 2019) should solve the issue, fingers crossed!! 

Update 1: The next 2 weeks there is a special Arena mode now corresponding to the release of the "Iron Judgement" expansion and RESTRICTED to the cards of the expansion, implying the chance of  getting the same 3 cards is significantly increased. Thus the next 2 weeks seem the perfect time to go for this trophy (if it is unbugged of course). 

Update 2: I have just got "Traditionalist" on Arena (following Update 1). So yes, CD Project has fixed the issue!!

Good luck fellows!! ? 

Edited by djippps

• 2 weeks later...