The Matrix 4 Movie Announced

kidson2004

Saw this on IGN’s IG and Here’s the article link from Variety:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/amp/

what do y’all think? Me personally I’m not sure what to expect from this. But I’ll keep an eye on it for now. 

Just the other day I was questioning if there would be any future Matrix movies. The first (and arguably the only good entry) turns 20 this year so a sequel, reboot or soft-reboot would make sense because Hollywood.

Edited by Dry

I really don't think The Matrix needs another sequel especially with how poorly received Reloaded and Revolutions was. But I guess like Terminator, some things just aren't allowed to stay dead as far as Hollywood is concerned no matter how poorly planned and thought out it is.

45 minutes ago, YROSHIKU said:

So Hollywood completely ran out of ideas, huh 1f4a9.png? Welp just like with sequel to Blade Runner I'm gonna stay away from this one as well.

You missed out on a fantastic movie, correct that immediately.

But I'm not so sure about Matrix 4, since the 2nd and 3rd ones never really did it for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Realizing how many of you were toddlers or not even born yet when the first matrix movie came out makes me a little sad. 

I’ll definitely see matrix 4 at the theater when it comes out, just like I’ve seen the rest of them there. 

Thanks for making me realize that it came out ages ago.. For some reason I hadn't noticed that it was so long ago.. 

Years pass and we don't even realize it, until someone decides to revive some ancient things.. 

I still remember the game from the movies too.. Played quite a bit of it at the time.. 

As for a 4th movie. I always thought that the 3rd gave closure to everything, I really don't see the need to mess this any further. 

Plus, the 3 movies (or just the 1st?) was a showcase of new technology and techniques to film back then (I think that was why the 1st was so well received), but with current film culture, I doubt that we will see anything innovative at all.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Thanks for making me realize that it came out ages ago.. For some reason I hadn't noticed that it was so long ago.. 

Years pass and we don't even realize it, until someone decides to revive some ancient things.. 

I still remember the game from the movies too.. Played quite a bit of it at the time.. 

As for a 4th movie. I always thought that the 3rd gave closure to everything, I really don't see the need to mess this any further. 

Plus, the 3 movies (or just the 1st?) was a showcase of new technology and techniques to film back then (I think that was why the 1st was so well received), but with current film culture, I doubt that we will see anything innovative at all.. 

Same, I don't see the point to point out how old the 1st one is.

I don't remember people saying: omg I'm about to retire but I remember when the original Tetris came out, just saying lol

Oh and for the movie, of course I want to watch the new one.

I honestly have no desire in a sequel because I feel the story ended perfectly and continuing on would be pointless.

Now if they wanted to maybe tell the story of one of the other Ones and make it a prequel I could maybe see that.

In the end much like Indy 4 Terminator 3 and Star Wars 7 and 8 (and probably 9) I wish they would just let these franchises die already.

• Like 3

Back in 1999, when the first movie was released, I went 7 days in a row to see this, it was mind-blowing. 
God, I love this film soooo much.

Not sure about the Matrix-4. Is it really necessary? lol

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Same, I don't see the point to point out how old the 1st one is.

I don't remember people saying: omg I'm about to retire but I remember when the original Tetris came out, just saying lol

Oh and for the movie, of course I want to watch the new one.

Because the opening post said “what do y’all think?” So I wrote what I thought.

• Like 1

The first film was a masterpiece of it's time. I enjoyed the second although i think I'm in the minority. And the less said about the third the better. The animatrix was pretty good too.

I'll probably watch it when it releases but honestly I'm not expecting a lot. Which is a shame because Keanu Reeves.

• Like 1

I was 6 when the first movie came out, and never watched it until I was 22. LOL! (Great movie btw) Never got around to watching the other 2 as I heard that the series only goes downhill from there, but after seeing the announcement for a 4th movie, maybe I'll go back and watch the sequels.

Not sure how I really feel about a 4th movie.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

2 hours ago, TheLakota said:

The sequel was a fucking masterpiece. It's unfortunate you opted not to watch it based on such myopic principles. 

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

You missed out on a fantastic movie, correct that immediately.

But I'm not so sure about Matrix 4, since the 2nd and 3rd ones never really did it for me.

To be completely honest with you guys I didn't watch it because I was just too afraid thinking that they might have screw it up big time and ruin the original vision of Ridley Scott. And I just didn't want that, but now reading your replies it kinda made me curious. I don't think that I'm fully convinced to watch it, but I might check out what other people thinks and maybe look for some spoiler free reviews.

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Because the opening post said “what do y’all think?” So I wrote what I thought.

4 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Feeling old when you're reminded of something from your childhood/past is pretty common, too. Not sure why the hostility. :dunno:

No hostility really, I just didn't connect with the comment, I perceived some condescending vibe. If that was not the case, good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YROSHIKU said:

To be completely honest with you guys I didn't watch it because I was just too afraid thinking that they might have screw it up big time and ruin the original vision of Ridley Scott. And I just didn't want that, but now reading your replies it kinda made me curious. I don't think that I'm fully convinced to watch it, but I might check out what other people thinks and maybe look for some spoiler free reviews.

I am the same way. The ending of Blade Runner (at least the director's cut) left whether he was a Replicant open to interpretation....then SEQUEL. 

It might be a great film, but I prefer the ending of Blade Runner as is and have no need for a sequel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am the same way. The ending of Blade Runner (at least the director's cut) left whether he was a Replicant open to interpretation....then SEQUEL. 

It might be a great film, but I prefer the ending of Blade Runner as is and have no need for a sequel. 

I know right? The ending as ambiguous as it was, it was just perfect and I never felt like it needed a continuation. That was it, case closed the "good guys" won the day and our "hero" got the girl he wanted. What happened next to Deckard and Rachael was up to imagination.