Neef-GT5

Thank you, trophies!

11 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Which brings me to the point: I would probably have missed one of the best games of the decade if it hadn’t had a trophy list attached. So – thank you, trophies!

Yep, felt the same.  Let the game sit around for a year before I went back as I really didn't like it.  Once I got the hang of Gwent and figured out the potions/combat, I really started to enjoy it!

Thanks for reminding me about this gem - I plan on finishing it this year.  I already know I'll need to play through again because I messed up the "bring everyone to the battle".

On 21/08/2019 at 10:35 PM, WaffleJedi said:

Once I got the hang of Gwent and figured out the potions/combat, I really started to enjoy it!

Funnily I really don’t have the feeling with Gwent, haven’t tried to play it again since the very first encounter at the inn... I’ll have a closer look at it in NG+ ;-)

Yeah seriously DLC done right! 

I gotta get through The Witcher 1&2 on PC before I do Witcher 3 again but on PS4. One of few games I have on multiple platforms (damn I even bought the GOG version).

Glad to hear you stuck with it OP. 

On 8/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, Sky_RykerXD said:

Glad to hear you stuck with it OP. 

OP ? 🤔

14 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

OP ? 1f914.png

It's original/opening poster, the one who creates the theead.

Now, I'd be curious for some tips for the battle system, because I'm really not liking  not being able to heal in Death March.

7 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

It's original/opening poster, the one who creates the theead.

Now, I'd be curious for some tips for the battle system, because I'm really not liking  not being able to heal in Death March.

Thanks for the explanation, was feeling a bit lost in translation ;-)

I’m afraid I’m short of tips for Death March as I’m playing on the easiest difficulty setting and even there, it’s not that easy. Main things to keep in mind is that slashing in the Leeroy way will lead you nowhere, you really want to be patient, observe and wait for an opening. It’s tricky at first but when you get it, combats are really satisfying & rewarding.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:14 PM, Neef-GT5 said:

Which brings me to the point: I would probably have missed one of the best games of the decade if it hadn’t had a trophy list attached. So – thank you, trophies!

That is exactly my point on the nintendo switch not having a trophy system thread. You play games you would normally give a miss if it didnt have trophies. Sometimes i look at the trophy list before i look at the gameplay of a new game because a intresting trophy list can really draw you into starting a game. Well done by the way

8 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

You can heal with the swallow potion and by consuming food and drinks (you should pick up plenty of food while looting). You can also buy a perk that will heal you automatically during the day, not during the night though. And to refill potions, just meditate for an hour.

I always have something like water equipped alongside a few potions so I can take a sip while out of combat to regain health, or if I'm taking loads of damage during a fight I will drink swallow and water/eat dried fruits at the same time to get more healing per second.

Reviving this thread so I can develop my feelings about this game, now that I’m almost done with it. Gents, what a game!!! I’ve been on it for over six months now (I don’t play that much and tend to take my time) and don’t even feel bored or willing to quit. Rather sad to no longer have any main quest waiting for me in the log…

I could write for hours about it. About its organically perfect open world, about the great narrative and the addictive plot in which your choices actually do matter, about the characters so interesting you end up caring about them, about the massive content, about the care brought by the devs to the various side quests and optional plots, about the exceptionally well-matched dialogs and how they always adapt to fit in the way the player has advanced in the story… I could keep going on and on until I bore everyone.

So will just keep it simple and consider it as one of my GOAT games, along with other masterpieces like Ocarina of Time, the God of War reboot, Red Dead Redemption, F-Zero or Metroid Prime. I discovered videogames on NES in the early 90s so coming from me, that’s really saying something.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:49 PM, GoDBoss173 said:

Dont forget to play the Dlc's which are as good or even better than the main game. 1f609.png

Indeed, I could not agree more. Both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine should be set as examples for all developers who consider adding DLC to any game – both could well have been standalones actually. B&W is quite great but I particularly enjoyed HoS and its superb cast, with a special mention to Gaunter O’Dimm – man, what a freaky character! Almost a nobody when you first met him in White Orchard, and quite a bit more when he re-enters the story. The more the plot develops, the more you get uncomfortable with the bloke… Definitely my favorite villain in a quite a while!