Hardcore Risette Fan Pain

FoolForCool

I've been at this trophy for probably 15 hours now and am at a loss for where to go to or what to do to earn more lines, I've looked at so many guides and followed them to the best of my ability but I'm stuck in a ditch right now.

Does Rise's social link ability where she scans the enemy and tells you what it's weak to count towards the lines? I haven't unlocked this ability yet but I've seen a lot of guides put her lines for this ability down. It doesn't follow the usual pattern of seeing her portrait in the top left along with text, but I'm wondering if this is an exception to that rule?

Where can I go to easily farm multi-knockdown lines? I've searched almost every dungeon looking for enemies in groups larger than 2 to do this with, but they always seem to either only come in groups of 2 enemies with the same weakness or all the enemies have the same weakness not allowing me to get the line for the multi-knockdown. Assistance on whereabouts I can go to get these lines easier would be very helpful.

Any other general tips or help in regards to getting HRF would be much appreciated too. I feel like I'm goin' crazy trying to earn this trophy, it's the last one I need for the elusive platinum. ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FoolForCool said:

I've been at this trophy for probably 15 hours now and am at a loss for where to go to or what to do to earn more lines, I've looked at so many guides and followed them to the best of my ability but I'm stuck in a ditch right now.

Does Rise's social link ability where she scans the enemy and tells you what it's weak to count towards the lines? I haven't unlocked this ability yet but I've seen a lot of guides put her lines for this ability down. It doesn't follow the usual pattern of seeing her portrait in the top left along with text, but I'm wondering if this is an exception to that rule?

Where can I go to easily farm multi-knockdown lines? I've searched almost every dungeon looking for enemies in groups larger than 2 to do this with, but they always seem to either only come in groups of 2 enemies with the same weakness or all the enemies have the same weakness not allowing me to get the line for the multi-knockdown. Assistance on whereabouts I can go to get these lines easier would be very helpful.

Any other general tips or help in regards to getting HRF would be much appreciated too. I feel like I'm goin' crazy trying to earn this trophy, it's the last one I need for the elusive platinum. 1f622.png

There's much unclear about what actually counts and what doesn't and whether lines carry over to NG+ or not and people have been making claims that contradict what others say, which only adds to the confusion.

There are a couple of threads about it, so maybe you can find something that helps in these:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

There's much unclear about what actually counts and what doesn't and whether lines carry over to NG+ or not and people have been making claims that contradict what others say, which only adds to the confusion.

There are a couple of threads about it, so maybe you can find something that helps in these:

Thank you for the reference to the other threads, thankfully found a promising lead on where to get multi-knockdowns but have still yet to see where to reliably find the 4 Rainbow Twin + 1 Raindrop Musha combo.

Yeah, it's really a pain about all the conflicting information about HRF. I'm almost certain lines don't carry over though, I'm sure I would be having a way easier time right now if that were the case.

58 minutes ago, FoolForCool said:

Thank you for the reference to the other threads, thankfully found a promising lead on where to get multi-knockdowns but have still yet to see where to reliably find the 4 Rainbow Twin + 1 Raindrop Musha combo.

Yeah, it's really a pain about all the conflicting information about HRF. I'm almost certain lines don't carry over though, I'm sure I would be having a way easier time right now if that were the case.

It's really hard to tell if lines carry over unless you do the trophy more than once to confirm by crossing out lines said from each one and leave some out.

But it did seem to pop for me sooner than expected when crossing out lines as she said them on my second run. But again, we're in the dark unless someone on the dev team confirms or denies.

I would HIGHLY suggest getting a list of all the lines and cross them out as she says them. It's how I did it, and was wayyy less painful

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

there was a guide made for this trophy, don't remember where i used it but it was a big help because i think it listed areas/enemies you could face off with to get unique lines. i'm thinking it might have been on gamefaqs. i played on the easiest difficulty on my 2nd play through and got it, but it sure did take quite the work. i remember going as far as keeping a note pad open on my computer and typing in every unique line that i would come across and people say you shouldn't play on the easiest difficulty to get it, its still possible just takes more work. 

did the same thing for P5 with the note pad thing.

• Like 1

It seems like I was just on the cusp of getting it before I put the system down last night. Got it in only 2 more encounters. ?

A tip for anyone else going for it, try to go into the TV on rainy days if you need multi-knockdown lines. The group of enemies (4 Rainbow Twins + 1 Raindrop Musha) with the best knockdown potential only spawns in Secret Lab B7-8 during rainy days. Would have saved me a lot of time.

Edited by FoolForCool
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoolForCool said:

It seems like I was just on the cusp of getting it before I put the system down last night. Got it in only 2 more encounters. 1f604.png

A tip for anyone else going for it, try to go into the TV on rainy days if you need multi-knockdown lines. The group of enemies (4 Rainbow Twins + 1 Raindrop Musha) with the best knockdown potential only spawns in Secret Lab B7-8 during rainy days. Would have saved me a lot of time.

There is a list of all the line available? I'll start the game soon and HRF Is the only trophy that worry me.

1 minute ago, UItimate_Battler said:

There is a list of all the line available? I'll start the game soon and HRF Is the only trophy that worry me.

I don't think anybody has put a comprehensive list of all lines available but there's a ton with 300 or more that'll keep you set on the right path. Here's a few of the better resources I found while doing it.

Chrisbobomb's Guide, which is a simple and easy one to follow.

Excel sheet great for tracking, I didn't use it when I started and kinda regret it, has a ton of lines but I don't think all of them count.

KADFC's guide, which while being more technical than Chrisbobomb's, has more in-depth information on how to obtain the trophy.

• Like 1

I got two time Persona 4 Golden platinum and the hardcore Risette fan unlocked in the same dungeon. 

Spoiler

Heaven Dungeon

What I did is actually nothing really special, first thing to note is the outfit change, if your change main protagonist's clothes while you are in a dungeon, Risette will say something about it and I'm 80% sure that those line count. Something I did while play the previous dungeon before go to the dungeon I mentioned above is farm a little with characters I usually never use (in my case Kanji, Kuma and Naoto) and get the most comun or easy status like poison, confused etc,. Is really importat fight a lot, don't care about the hands enemies, it's your main source of experience but the rest of enemies can help you with this trophy so fight a lot and try to get status or do things that can Rise say something, when you reach the point in the game where you have a lot of dungeon to explore re-play them and find enemies which can do status more fast than others.

The trophy is actually no hard and I highly recommend you get it in your first playthrough, because the second time you play P4 (if you go for the platinum of course) you can chose a lot of nice bonus and you want them.

• Like 2