This game is awesome!

ZenRhino

Surprised it’s not being played more tbh. 

I’m not massively into card games, but I am really enjoying this game. 

The platinum looks crazy crazy hard at the moment, especially the timed run. 

Edited by ZenRhino
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:13 AM, ZenRhino said:

Surprised it’s not being played more tbh. 

I’m not massively into card games, but I am really enjoying this game. 

The platinum looks crazy crazy hard at the moment, especially the timed run. 

Its very popular on PC I feel like console gamers don't really like card games as much.  I bought slay the day it released on PS4 and played over 120 hours in like 3 weeks and never got bored going for the plat.  I even bought it on Switch after for when I am on the plane.  Usually after a plat I completely quit playing the game but not with this one it is just too good.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11.01.2021 at 3:59 PM, pathtoninja said:

This game is fantastic. 

For some reason watching someone play it doesn't look all that entertaining and art design is...well, weird lol. However playing and learning the game is awesome!

Actually, this game is very entertaining to watch, the numbers of viewers on Twitch go into thousands, try watching Baalorlord or Lifecouch1981 (the latter may be better to watch on a re-run with 2x speed as one game takes him from 4-8 hours, but he analyzes literally every move; he is also one of the best StS players). 

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2021 at 11:11 AM, det_gittes said:

Actually, this game is very entertaining to watch, the numbers of viewers on Twitch go into thousands, try watching Baalorlord or Lifecouch1981 (the latter may be better to watch on a re-run with 2x speed as one game takes him from 4-8 hours, but he analyzes literally every move; he is also one of the best StS players). 

Totally agree with what u say about "Lifecoach".

I bumped into a stream of his a week ago or so. Id totally forgot about StS till then tbh!!

I subbed to him immediately & been playing StS since.

Its epic imo!!!

Edited by Duke_Bubblez

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 3:11 AM, det_gittes said:

I watch a lot of Jorbs even tho I dont play much STS anymore,  I love his dry humor and his fuck you chat attitude.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 5:11 AM, det_gittes said:

On 2/23/2021 at 1:14 PM, Duke_Bubblez said:

Totally agree with what u say about "Lifecoach".

I bumped into a stream of his a week ago or so. Id totally forgot about StS till then tbh!!

I subbed to him immediately & been playing StS since.

Its epic imo!!!

Finally decided to back to this gem and have to retract my previous opinion that it "wasn't fun to watch"...I guess the first few content creators I came across weren't very entertaining. 

In particular, I like Baalorlord: he's very good, explains things and has a good streaming/recording voice.

• 8 months later...

It's great to see that the number of players of this wonderful game is steadily going up, maybe partly due to the fact that now its price tends to drop to 60% off (at the time of writing) for practically the unlimited amount of content / replayability it offers.

And if you're not convinced just yet, as the previous posts inform, there is a lively and welcoming community of StS players / streamers on Twitch, just try to catch a stream from Baalorlord (a fantastic overall player), Merl61 (current record-holder for the longest winning streak on Watcher - 25), Xecnar (current record-holder for the longest winning streak on Silent - 10), Jorbs (a bit of an acquired taste but lots of people enjoy his streams and he's definitely among some of the best players) or others (Lifecoach1981 currently taking a break, hope he comes back as he's an exceptionally good player, too) - you will learn a lot and probably have a good time if you're into this kind of entertainment.

That's all, just a little shout-out to this great game and some of the creators ;) 

Edited by det_gittes
Typo.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, det_gittes said:

It's great to see that the number of players of this wonderful game is steadily going up, maybe partly due to the fact that now its price tends to drop to 60% off (at the time of writing) for practically the unlimited amount of content / replayability it offers.

That's all, just a little shout-out to this great game and some of the creators ;) 

It's such a complete game in itself that it feels ridiculous to ask for "more", but I would be so stoked for a 5th character or any future development. I finally reached platinum with A20 Defect, but I expect to gradually ascend my other characters over time as this game is too good not to come back to.

Basically just here to:

• Echo the post title - this game is awesome!
  • Throw a different shout out your way @det_gittes - your posts here were my first exposure to this game so I'm not sure I would have played it otherwise! Also started great threads around strategies for the trickiest challenges. I learned a lot from some of those streamers ("Overexplaining StS" from Jorbs really helped early), but I definitely got the most from what you shared right here. Thanks a bunch!
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

It's such a complete game in itself that it feels ridiculous to ask for "more", but I would be so stoked for a 5th character or any future development. I finally reached platinum with A20 Defect, but I expect to gradually ascend my other characters over time as this game is too good not to come back to.

Basically just here to:

• Echo the post title - this game is awesome!
  • Throw a different shout out your way @det_gittes - your posts here were my first exposure to this game so I'm not sure I would have played it otherwise! Also started great threads around strategies for the trickiest challenges. I learned a lot from some of those streamers ("Overexplaining StS" from Jorbs really helped early), but I definitely got the most from what you shared right here. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks so much, and glad I could be of help! Sadly, I don't think the game will be further developed, but as you said, it's got a decent amount of content as it is. Also, it's easy to come up with different restrictions on your runs (well, actually it's much easier on the PC with mods, but even on consoles you can do rotating character ascenscion climbs or boss swap runs or whatever else) so it's really hard to get bored. Let's hope the next game from MegaCrit will be just as good!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This game nothing really hard iam spend about 30 hours but already beat 11/20 accsend.I playing turn base game a lot and I can usually say Darkest Dungeon is hardest turn base/rogue like game I ever played.This game if u have good plan step by step each act and little luck to obtain a good card like Feed for ironclad early on u can build a deck that make immortal 

Edited by dark358story

• 3 weeks later...