ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

So, non-plat games are good and the target is to complete the alphabet by the end of 2020? With unstarted games? 

If I hadn't started so many already in the past few months, I would join more easily (I'm clearly some of those at the moment). But since I can mix other stuff in there, it may work for me. 

Said that, for the time being I will just follow the thread and decide closer to the deadline to sign up, since 2020 is still so far away, that any game list that I would do now would be heavily edited by January 1st anyway. 

On this note, when's the sign up deadline? 

12 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So, non-plat games are good and the target is to complete the alphabet by the end of 2020? With unstarted games?

Correct - episodic games with a list per episode (ie. Jurassic Park) should be the full game (will clarify in rules).

12 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

But since I can mix other stuff in there, it may work for me. 

Said that, for the time being I will just follow the thread and decide closer to the deadline to sign up, since 2020 is still so far away, that any game list that I would do now would be heavily edited by January 1st anyway. 

On this note, when's the sign up deadline? 

That's absolutely fine, I was toying with the idea and figured I would gauge interest ?

The sign up deadline is open to discussion, but I was thinking January 31st 2020 potentially.

Edited by iXanon

I'll definitely join this one! I need to get a list together, not sure if I have enough games to fill the whole alphabet, too be honest I don't even know all games I own anymore. I'll also check my purchased list in the PlayStation Store.

[edit]

I guess we can change the list up until the event starts? I can put all my games on here, but there might be a couple I'll start somewhere this year. 

[edit 2]

I have a ton of games, but they all share the same letters, to fill up the whole alphabet is going to be a tough task. Although I would be adding more games as I purchase them, but if the list has to be final before the event start, it would mean that I would have to play double the amount to fill in the blank spots within the alphabet

Edited by neospoon

Sounds interesting, but like Han_The_Dragon, I'd rather wait until closer to 2020.  Do have a question and a suggestion.

First a question, how are you going to handle games starting with articles like "The" and "A".  PSN counts those and T and A of course, but because of that T has a ton of titles and it may benefit people to be able to count at least T games that begin with "The" as the letter of the first actual word.  So something like The Walking Dead could be W.  You'll also want to consider games that start with numbers and symbols and what to do with those, the starting letter of the first number or the symbol could work, or the first actual letter could work.

As far as a suggestion, I do think you should allow swaps for very uncommon letters like Q, X, and Z to not count towards a penalty. The amount of games that start with these letters is very few and it may be possible nearly every participant will need a swap there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Correct - episodic games with a list per episode (ie. Jurassic Park) should be the full game (will clarify in rules).

That's absolutely fine, I was toying with the idea and figured I would gauge interest 1f642.png

The sign up deadline is open to discussion, but I was thinking January 31st 2020 potentially.

OK, cool. 

I do have unstarted games for nearly all letters (Q.u.b.e 1 and 2, Xblaze, Wolverine, or was it X-man?, Yakuza Kiwani 1+2, Zombie Drive). 

But I never know what I may start earlier, so, I will only do my list closer to the date. 

And if we are able to sign up in January, it works for me, because I will only look in a more serious way around December. 

32 minutes ago, neospoon said:

I guess we can change the list up until the event starts? I can put all my games on here, but there might be a couple I'll start somewhere this year.

Yes, just make sure you let me know which is your final list.. ?

48 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

First a question, how are you going to handle games starting with articles like "The" and "A".  PSN counts those and T and A of course, but because of that T has a ton of titles and it may benefit people to be able to count at least T games that begin with "The" as the letter of the first actual word.  So something like The Walking Dead could be W.  You'll also want to consider games that start with numbers and symbols and what to do with those, the starting letter of the first number or the symbol could work, or the first actual letter could work.

Great question and your point has been noted. I think it is only fair to allow substitution of those games without penalty, using your example The Walking Dead for W.

Also, where numbers are concerned I think it makes more sense using the first actual letter.

51 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

As far as a suggestion, I do think you should allow swaps for very uncommon letters like Q, X, and Z to not count towards a penalty. The amount of games that start with these letters is very few and it may be possible nearly every participant will need a swap there.

Perhaps I could allow 1 or 2 free swaps, and/or reduce the 5 game/letter swap to just 1 additional game instead of 3? How does that sound?

I want to keep some form of penalty as it's actually only 1 extra game per swap, and these swaps could be as easy or as hard as you like.

48 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

But I will create a beta-list. Count me in!

That's all we're doing at this stage.. Pre-event beta-lists or whatever you want to call them ?

My final list.. ?

⏸️ Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) => 7%
⏹️ Brink (PS3)
⏹️Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)
⏹️ Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
⏹️ Earthlock (EU) (PS4)
⏹️ Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (PS4)
⏹️ God of War II (PS3)
⏹️ H <=> Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
⏹️ InFAMOUS (PS3)
⏹️ Journey (PS4)
⏹️ Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3)
⏹️ Life is Strange (PS4)
⏹️ Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3)
⏹️ Naughty Bear (PS3)
⏹️ Oxenfree (PS4)
⏹️ Plague Inc: Evolved (PS4)
⏹️ Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS4)
⏹️ Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
⏹️ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
⏹️ Toy Story 3 (PS3)
⏹️ Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)
⏹️ V <=> Far Cry 3 (PS3) + ⏹️ Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3)
⏹️ What Remains of Edith Finch (EU) (PS4)
⏹️ XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
⏹️ Yooka-Laylee (PS4)
⏹️ Zombie Driver HD (PS3)

Backup #1: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4)

Backup #2: Get Even (PS4)

Backup #3: Rocket League (PS4)

--EDIT--

11/12/19 - List is final and won't be changing.

19/11/19 - Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (EU) (PS4) swapped for Naughty Bear (PS3), Human: Fall Flat (PS4) swapped for Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3). Penalty game added for second non-letter swap Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3).

17/10/19 - Black Mirror (PS3) swapped for Brink (PS3)

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 1

I will likely join this but I won't post a list until much closer to January. I still have to come up with 10 unplayed games for KYC in November but I'll start building a beta-list to see where things stand.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

Here's my list so far, I'd have to look which games I have when I get home. I just hope I can fill in more spots, cause otherwise it means I need to add 20 more games. I'll edit this post until the challenge starts. I'll probably have a couple games done already by the time it starts

:platinum: American Fugutive (14th Sep 2020)

Brutal Legend
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (97%)

Control (15%)
Detroit: Become Human
:platinum: Erica (11th Jan 2020)
Fear Effect Sedna 
Guacamelee 2 (45%)
Hydrophobia
inFamous 2 
Jak 2 
Killer is Dead 
:platinum: Life is Strange: Before the Storm (2nd Jan 2020)
:platinum: Meow Motors (1st Jan 2020)

:platinum: Need for Speed Heat (5th Feb 2020)
Okami HD 
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

(the)Quiet man
Ruiner
Sega Bass Fishing

The Hong Kong Massacre (24%)
Unravel 2
:platinum: Valentino Rossi the Game (10th Feb 2020)
Wet
XMedal of Honor: Frontline
Yakuza 0  (48%)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Swap Titles

Days Gone
Metro Exodus
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts

Edited by neospoon
Completed some games
  • Like 1

People tend to spend more time creating events like this than actually playing games. How many more? Don't we already have around 60 events like this? Is the urge to have an own event/thread so big? This site is quite literally drowning in stuff like this. Less is more. :facepalm:

Sounds interesting, I'm in. (:
Here's a first draft of my list, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to change at least one game. :D 

Anna: Extended Edition
Borderlands
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Elex
Final Fantasy VII Remake
God of War 3 Remastered
Heavy Rain
Iconoclasts
Just Cause 3
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect
Ni No Kuni 2
Overcooked
Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands
Q.U.B.E. [PS3]
Red Dead Redemption
Sports Champions 2
The Escapists
Under Night In-Birth Exe: Latest
Valkyria Revolution
Wipeout Omega Collection
XCOM 2
Yakuza Kiwami
Zone of the Enders

3 hours ago, iXanon said:

Perhaps I could allow 1 or 2 free swaps, and/or reduce the 5 game/letter swap to just 1 additional game instead of 3? How does that sound?

I want to keep some form of penalty as it's actually only 1 extra game per swap, and these swaps could be as easy or as hard as you like.

I think one extra game for five swaps is fair since you're also adding extras for the swaps as it is and you can also implement a max for swaps.  I'm suggesting this because to be honest, I doubt I'm alone in having a lot of unstarted games be unstarted because they are long.

• Like 1

Hmm, I am pretty sure I have enough for every letter among my PS4, PS3, and PS Vita unplayed backlog.

I do have a question though @iXanon, where do games with numbers to start the title land? Would they be considered based on the letter of the number? An example I have is 428 Shibuya Scramble, would that fall under F for Four?

Personally I think the waiting until January is what's going be the hardest for this event, since we've got the signup so EARLY. People are likely to sign up then forget all about it since it's 4 months until the start date, and they have to be UNPLAYED by January 1st, which means they're basically not allowing themselves to play those games until then. So I'm not sure if there's anything to do there, maybe allow it to actually start early and give a few extra months? That's a lot of games to 100% in one year as well, so the few extra months wouldn't hurt. Just an idea though! 

• Like 2