ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

This is now the official event progress recorder for myself, I guess. If a game is any shade of green, that means it's 100% finished. If a game is any other color, it's not finished. 

198X (PS4)

Rose in the Twilight (Vita)

Broforce (PS4)

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (PS4)

Double Dragon Neon (PS3)

Everybody's Golf (PS4)

Fallout 4 (PS4)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Dairy (Vita)  

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone (PS4)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)

Infinifactory (PS4) 

Just Cause 3 (PS4)

Jet Set Radio (Vita)

King's Quest: The Complete Collection  (PS4) 

L.A. Noire (PS4)

Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)  

Ninja Pizza Girl (PS4)

Nekopara Vol. 3 (PS4)

Oddworld New 'n Tasty (PS4) 

Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

Persona 5 Royal (PS4) 

Psychonauts (PS4) 

Quest of Dungeons (PS4) 

Quantum Conundrum (PS3)

Riddled Corpses EX (Vita)

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS4)

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)

Spyro the Dragon (PS4)  

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS4) 

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (PS4) 

Trinity Universe (PS3)

Touhou Genso Rondo (PS4)

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4)

Uncanny Valley (PS4)

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) 

Will: A Wonderful World (PS4)   

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (PS4) 

Xeodrifter  (PS4)

Yomawari: Night Alone  (Vita) 

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Vita)

Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3)  

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition (PS3)

+ Persona 3 FES but it doesn't really count since it doesn't have a trophy list.

Edited by AuroraHistoire
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS4) - Is this allowed? In any case, people need clarification if Tom Clancy, Middle Earth etc can be excluded from titles too.

My gut wants to disallow your example as I've never known the game referred to as just "Ultimate Alliance".

"Tom Clancy" games on the other hand, I refer to them as just "Splinter Cell" or "Ghost Recon" for example so would allow that.. ?

15 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

I do have a question though @iXanon, where do games with numbers to start the title land? Would they be considered based on the letter of the number? An example I have is 428 Shibuya Scramble, would that fall under F for Four?

I hope that my recent update makes this clear.. ?

• Games that start with Numbers can be counted as either the first letter of the number - or - the first actual letter from the game's title - without penalty
    • eg. "101 Ways to Die" as "O" (One Hundred and One) - or - "W" (Ways)

14 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

Personally I think the waiting until January is what's going be the hardest for this event, since we've got the signup so EARLY. People are likely to sign up then forget all about it since it's 4 months until the start date, and they have to be UNPLAYED by January 1st, which means they're basically not allowing themselves to play those games until then. So I'm not sure if there's anything to do there, maybe allow it to actually start early and give a few extra months? That's a lot of games to 100% in one year as well, so the few extra months wouldn't hurt. Just an idea though! 

You raise a very valid point.

I quite like the idea of having an early start as a reward for those who are decisive and commit to a list early. It allows that bit of extra time for RPGs to be more easily considered, and there's potentially more events a list can be combined with should people wish to do so. Perhaps the event could go live on 1st September 2019 for those who wish to commit - but the list cannot be changed once they have done so. However, a user will need to signal to me that they are starting.

Edited by iXanon

12 minutes ago, iXanon said:

My gut wants to disallow your example as I've never known the game referred to as just "Ultimate Alliance".

"Tom Clancy" games on the other hand, I refer to them as just "Splinter Cell" or "Ghost Recon" for example so would allow that.. ?

Ok I will change it.

12 minutes ago, iXanon said:

You raise a very valid point.

I quite like the idea of having an early start as a reward for those who are decisive and commit to a list early. It allows that bit of extra time for RPGs to be more easily considered, and there's potentially more events a list can be combined with should people wish to do so. Perhaps the event could go live on 1st September 2019 for those who wish to commit - but the list cannot be changed once they have done so. However, a user will need to signal to me that they are starting.

I liked that there was time to prepare for it. Me and my gf are trying to do GTA 4 and 5 right now, and I kinda wanna finish a few online stuff for other games before the start of this event. Also what would the point of this thread be if it was a 2020 event.

2 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

I liked that there was time to prepare for it. Me and my gf are trying to do GTA 4 and 5 right now, and I kinda wanna finish a few online stuff for other games before the start of this event. Also what would the point of this thread be if it was a 2020 event.

An earlier start still allows that, people who don't wish to start until January don't have to do so (and that is still when the event officially begins).

People with itchy trigger fingers can start early, but they cannot change their list once they have started.

I'm like you, I have quite a few other games I want to finish before 2019 is out (I've committed to finishing some in another event) - but starting early means I could combine games from more events, and I'm not restricting myself from starting any games in the meantime - which would go against the reason for starting this in the first place!

There's at least 26 games that participants have to complete.. It's unlikely that anyone will start and finish before 2020, and if they do then congrats to them.

I like the idea, and I thought about participating.

But atm I´m gonna pass

I´ve got a lot of unfinished games, but not a lot of unstarted games sadly. Even games with only the "tutorial trophy" AC Brotherhood(PS3) and GTA4 aren´t allowed :(

So that´s the rule that keeps me from joining currently.

I need to check my ps+ games again, but atm I think I need to buy like 15 games.

That´s quite the commitment, even for someone who buys a lot of games spontaneous.

Or hope the free games fill my blank spots.

But I´m sitll lurking to check for new games I may enjoy :D

7 hours ago, iXanon said:

An earlier start still allows that, people who don't wish to start until January don't have to do so (and that is still when the event officially begins).

People with itchy trigger fingers can start early, but they cannot change their list once they have started.

I'm like you, I have quite a few other games I want to finish before 2019 is out (I've committed to finishing some in another event) - but starting early means I could combine games from more events, and I'm not restricting myself from starting any games in the meantime - which would go against the reason for starting this in the first place!

There's at least 26 games that participants have to complete.. It's unlikely that anyone will start and finish before 2020, and if they do then congrats to them.

I just find it a bit silly. I feel like it makes the contest and challenge irrelevant.

If this is the case and people are allowed to start on September 1st 2019 on a '2020 challenge', 16 months instead of 12? I'm not gonna participate if that's the case.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

Why not make it so participants can start at any time (once they have a list) but have exactly one year from when they start to complete it? That way its still a one-year challenge for everyone (which ends in 2020), and no one has four extra months over others who waited until the official start?

Wouldn't be much harder to track - assuming you’ll make a spreadsheet of participants and their lists, you could just add an extra row/column next to their names with their start dates. Or if you’re only tracking within this forum topic, then just some extra text next to names.

Either way, you can sign me up :) I’ll come up with a list later once I’ve looked through my backlog

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Why not make it so participants can start at any time (once they have a list) but have exactly one year from when they start to complete it? That way its still a one-year challenge for everyone (which ends in 2020), and no one has four extra months over others who waited until the official start?

Wouldn't be much harder to track - assuming you’ll make a spreadsheet of participants and their lists, you could just add an extra row/column next to their names with their start dates. Or if you’re only tracking within this forum topic, then just some extra text next to names.

Either way, you can sign me up :) I’ll come up with a list later once I’ve looked through my backlog

That is a better idea i think. I'd be a bit more on board with that idea. I still believe it should be from January 1st. But I'll accept that idea seen as everyone will have exactly a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

51 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

That is a better idea i think. I'd be a bit more on board with that idea. I still believe it should be from January 1st. But I'll accept that idea seen as everyone will have exactly a year. 

I think whilst rules are still being discussed and finalised, we'll leave the start date as it is for now - and I'll tag everyone who has entered in a post to remind them.

@Last-_-Judgment for example you're now allowed 1 FREE letter swap ?

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 2

@iXanon  I vote (are we voting? :lol:) for keeping it as a 2020 year long event, no early start.  So many games will be on sale for Black Friday and the Christmas gifts I'm sure quite a few of us will have new games to start.  In the meantime, there are other events to keep us occupied (if we need that!) for this Fall.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

@iXanon  I vote (are we voting? :lol:) for keeping it as a 2020 year long event, no early start.  So many games will be on sale for Black Friday and the Christmas gifts I'm sure quite a few of us will have new games to start.  In the meantime, there are other events to keep us occupied (if we need that!) for this Fall.

I agree. Keep it a 2020 year long event. Play any other games in your free time while playing event games as a second job :P

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I agree. Keep it a 2020 year long event. Play any other games in your free time while playing event games as a second job :P

5 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Glad you both think so too! People MUST have backlogs and other unstarted games. We are trophy hunters after all and it's not hard to avoid the urge to start those 26 games in the next 4 months. I know I've got many things I could do outside those 26 games I've named.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
  • Like 4

Well here's my list, which even includes a game that starts with a number

0-9 8 To Glory

A Adventure Tine Pirates of The Enchiridion 
B Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)
C Cabela's Outdoor Adventures 
D Dead Space 1
E Escape Dead Island 
F Falling Skies (EU)
G G-Force
H Happy Feet Two
I Ice Age 4 Contential Drift Arctic Games
J Jak X
K Killer is Dead
L Lego City Undercover
M Majin and The Forsaken Kingdom
N Nat Geo Challenge Wild life (NA)
O Obut Petanque
P Prison Break
Q Queens Quest 2 Stories of Forgotten Past
R Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 
S Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter 
T The Bureau Xcom Declassified 
U Uncharted Golden Abyss 
V Vesta (HK)
W Wet
X X-Blades
Y Young Justgice Legacy 
Z Zombi

Cannot Wait for January 1st 2020 to get this started :D 

• Like 1

I'm interested but like others have said I'd wait until closer to the event starting before setting a list in stone.

I'm sure between now and then I'll have plenty more games to choose from.

• Like 1

A question, since we are only allowed to start in 2020, are we allowed to add the game's trophy lists to our profile earlier, but keeping it unplayed? 

I'm starting to draft my list, and I ask this because of 2 things:

1st - me adding them to my list will make it easier for me to commit to those games (will also annoy the hell of me.. But that's why it helps me to commit to said games..) 

2nd - I already have Valkyria Revolution on my profile, 0%, not started once, and want to play it before Valkyria Chronicles 4, but I'm postponing it, so, I would likely end up using Valkyria Revolution for the event.. I also have Persona 4 Golden Na version on the same situation, but it's more likely that I will use 1 of the 3 dancing games for the event. I'm not using P5R for the event because I want that plat for a milestone, and I doubt that I will hit a bit one on 2020 (I will play the hell of it when it releases, that's for sure, just not getting the platinum). 

My current draft is still a mess, since I'm mainly evaluating games/series, without really taking in account time needed for each game. And there are a few that I may start sooner (Dragon Quest 11, MediEvil, at least), so, I'm not counting on them for the event. 

Current draft:

#: 428: Shibuya Scramble

A: Atelier Meruru

B: Blades of Time 

C: Conception 2
D : Deponia, Chaos in Deponia, Goodbye Deponia, Deponia Doomsday (all 4 required) 

E: Earthlock: Festival of Magic 
F: Faery: Legends Of Avalon

G: The Grand Tour: The Game 
H: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

I: I Am Setsuna

J:Jurasic Park

K: Kick-Ass 2
L: LittleBigPlanet 3
M: My Hero One Justice 
N: Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call, Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (all 3 required) 
O: Our World is Ending 
P: Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight, Persona 4 Dancing All Night (PS4), Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight (all 3 required) 
Q: Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS4), Q.U.B.E. 2 (both required) 
R: Republique
S: Sly 2, Sly 3, Sly 4, Sly Mini-games (all 4 required) 
T: Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tomb Raider Legend (both required) 
U: Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] 

V: Valkyria Revolution 
W: World End Syndrome

X: X-Blades

Y: Ys VIII

Z: Zenith 

Extra stand ins:

Mery Skelter

Atelier Ayesha 

Lollipop Chainsaw 

Note: Games in bold are unlikely to be changed. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

A question, since we are only allowed to start in 2020, are we allowed to add the game's trophy lists to our profile earlier, but keeping it unplayed?

Yes, so long as no trophies are popped before January 1st ?

I'm interested and I'm in. For most of my list, I decided to go with games that are above average in terms of difficulty with some easy games to play in between. I also to tried my best to avoid games that are part of a series and games that are popular and mainstream. The last 5 letters along with Q are pretty limited in options so you'll see a lot of repeats between lists. My list is pretty much final and I don't intend on changing any of the games.

10 Second Ninja DX (PS4)
Action Henk (PS4)
Bloodrayne: Betrayal (PS3)
Curses 'N Chaos (PS4)
Downwell (PS4)
Exile's End (PSVita)
Furi (PS4)
Grim Fundango (PS4)
Hyper Light Drifter (PS4)
In Space We Brawl (PS4)
Jotun: Valhalla Edition (PS4)
Kill The Bad Guy (PS3)
Lumo (PS4)
Mighty No. 9 (PS4)
Nova-111 (PS4)
OlliOlli (PS4)
Papers, Please (PSVita)
Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Rive (PS4)
Shadow Complex Remastered (PS4)
Titan Souls (PS4)
Unravel (PS4)
Velocity 2X (PS4)
What Remains Of Edith Finch (PS4)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (PS3)
Yoku's Island Express (PS4)
Zombi (PS4)

Edited by Mohd_AAAA
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 7:06 AM, iXanon said:

This event does NOT start until 1st January 2020

Holy cow! Five months is a LONG time to wait to start a game! xD

I don't know if I can wait that long. Then again, after playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 for so damn long, I probably have a lot of unfinished games on my list. :)

You couldn't have done this in 2019...I would have loved to join but I can't replat the whole alphabet two years in a row :P

But if anyone joining this wants to attempt an Alpha Plat Rain day I encourage you to try.

Trying to find a game for every letter of the alphabet that you can save up to plat in one day is a fun challenge

• Like 1