ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

I'm fine with rule that you can change games after start of the event. There is always chance that there will be game that we thought that we'll not play, but after premiere we'll change mind.

Btw, we should post our final list at the end of December? I know I'll make minor changes till the end and right now I'm just editing my post, but someone can miss that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

There0 was never "an additional" challenge that required us to own all games before 2020, it's just a take some of us are doing, because we actually have the actual games in the backlog and a wishlist (like you), so, I think that it's logical for those of us who actually already have tons of games in our collection, that we would try to play as much of those as we can, and only buy more if we are missing an entry or something. 

Sure, I get that. If you have 400+ games in your backlog, you probably have most of the letters covered. I have maybe 60 games, and they cover about 15 letters (more if you force some of those free PS+ games that look okay to me, but wouldn't be my first choice for this event). That's at least ten games that I have to buy, compared to the 1-2 for most community events. If each of those games is $30, which is typical for a full price indie game or discounted AAA title, I could have to pay up to $300 if the selection I chose for each missing letter doesn't end up on sale next year. That's not a small amount of money for what is supposed to be a casual community event.

@iXanon Are we allowed three backups per letter, or three backups in general? I don't think it's clear right now.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 5:36 AM, iXanon said:

@gazdavis11 @Sofa King @Neocarleen @Matto_lsi @SupergiantStarr @Lorajet @Cassylvania

Apologies if you've already advised you're waiting until BF / Xmas sales to post a list (it would have taken more time than I have available to check).

Just thought I would give you a nudge.. ?

I'm just trying to find enough games I own to qualify for this :P  The 100% requirement is screwing me up.  I have plenty of games, but I don't buy DLC, so that's very limiting.  I guess here's a preliminary list, but as I mentioned in my first post, I'll have a final list much closer to the start of the event.  It's not even December yet! lol

Another World
Bioshock
Cave, The
Deadly Premonition
Ether One
Final Fantasy X
Goosebumps: The Game
History Legends of War Patton
In Space We Brawl
Just Cause 2
Knowledge is Power
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Mad Max
NieR: Automata
Order: 1886, The
Papo & Yo
Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut
Ratchet & Clank
Syberia
Twenty-Sixty-Four (2064): Read Only Memories
Unmechanical: Extended
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Walking Dead: The Final Season, The
Xeodrifter
Yooka-Laylee
Zone of the Enders HD

I have a few back-ups in mind, not sure if I'll switch them out before January or just use them as alternatives, I need to research some of these games more before committing to them, but at least I have a loose list at this point.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'm just trying to find enough games I own to qualify for this :P  The 100% requirement is screwing me up.  I have plenty of games, but I don't buy DLC, so that's very limiting.

Ergh, yeah. I didn't even consider DLC. I think I'm just going to withdraw from this event. Realistically, I'd only end up playing "safe" games that would make less of a dent in my backlog than playing whatever I want.

Best of luck to those participating! I've seen a lot of really good titles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Ergh, yeah. I didn't even consider DLC. I think I'm just going to withdraw from this event. Realistically, I'd only end up playing "safe" games that would make less of a dent in my backlog than playing whatever I want.

I am with you. As I am fairly new to this event I need to buy a ton of games to qualify. It is nice for people with huge backlogs however. Hopefully I can join further down in the years when I grow my backlog too. 

21 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'm just trying to find enough games I own to qualify for this :P  The 100% requirement is screwing me up.  I have plenty of games, but I don't buy DLC, so that's very limiting.

Oh I forgot DLC was a thing for a moment! Going to have to switch around a few things now. Thanks for the indirect reminder!

• Like 1

Okay I've made quite some changes. The list should be final now, I'm not checking back in this topic until 1st of January to avoid making changes again :P

Brutal Legend

Erica 

The Hong Kong Massacre

(the)Quiet man

XMedal of Honor: Frontline (swap)

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 7:42 PM, FairyCal said:

I'm fine with rule that you can change games after start of the event. There is always chance that there will be game that we thought that we'll not play, but after premiere we'll change mind.

Btw, we should post our final list at the end of December? I know I'll make minor changes till the end and right now I'm just editing my post, but someone can miss that.

I think it'd be easier if you continue to edit your post, and if you notice the spreadsheet is out of date nearer the time, flag it to @ArtikSkarab ?

On 11/30/2019 at 5:10 PM, Cassylvania said:

Sorry to see you go, but as with others - if you change your mind feel free to PM / tag me.

Welp, here it is.  I have high hopes for this list!

A- Anna: Extended Edition
B- Batman TT
C- Crossovers by Powgi
D- Donut County
E- Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
F- Foxyland
G- Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
H- Here They Lie
I- Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
J- Jack and Jill DX
K- Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne
L- LA Noire
M- Murdered Soul Suspect
N- Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
O- One Word by Powgi
P- Planet of the Eyes
Q- QueensQuest 2
R- Rime
S- South Park The Stick of Truth PS4
T- The Mooseman
U- Until Dawn
V- Vrobot
W- What Remains of Edith Finch
X- Xblaze Embryo
Y- Yoku's Island Express
Z- Zertopian Invasion
  • Like 4

Anyone saving their POWGI (or easier) games in-between the more difficult ones, or play them straight off the bat? I'm planning to play Mixups and Deponia first just to get the ball rolling, then play Catherine. By playing one of my harder games early in the year, the better chance I have to complete. We'll see if that's true.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Anyone saving their POWGI (or easier) games in-between the more difficult ones, or play them straight off the bat? I'm planning to play Mixups and Deponia first just to get the ball rolling, then play Catherine. By playing one of my harder games early in the year, the better chance I have to complete. We'll see if that's true.

Yep.  I actually enjoy them for a break between the longer or grinder games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Anyone saving their POWGI (or easier) games in-between the more difficult ones, or play them straight off the bat?

I don't even own any POWGI games ?

I plan on starting with a 'medium' game, maybe Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've lost track how many times I started it on PC, but stopped mid-way through..

• Like 2

I'm not really planning anything to big, and was mainly going for a full offline list, because boost can be annoying.. 

Said that, a friend recently asked me if I wanted to boost My Hero One Justice, so, I will add that to my list, since he's reliable. Other than that, I have been thinking about Blades of Time, but it has 1 online trophy, and may end up being a bad idea to use it. 

Other than that, I will just play whatever I feel like (Atelier and Deponia to start probably), and go from there... At least I hope to be able to focus ob each game for a change.. 

• Like 1

My starting point is going to depend on Xmas and what I get that I can't wait to play LOL. That said I still haven't settled on a list yet.

I may make a start with one of the long games on my list as well as something shorter so maybe The Witcher 3 off the bat with something like Darksiders 2.

• Like 2

:bronze: - Beaten

:gold: - 100% Achieved 

:platinum: - Platinum Achieved 

My List: 

Amnesia Collection 

Bioshock(PS4)

Control

Detroit Become Human

Escape Plan (Vita) => 89% :bronze:

From Dust (PS3)

Ghost Recon Breakpoint => 5%

Hotline Miami 2

Injustice 2

Judgement => 1%

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

Last Guardian

Mass Effect Andromeda

Nioh

Okami (PS3)

Psychonauts

Q (Swap) Mortal Kombat 11 => 8%

Resident Evil 0

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order => 100%:platinum:

The Talos Principle

Unravel Two

Vessel (PS3)

Wipeout Omega Collection

Xblaze Lost Memories

Yakuza Kiwami 2 

Zombie Driver HD

My backups are going to be stuff I haven’t gotten around to but have wanted to.

- Kingdom Come Deliverance

- Dragon Age Inquisition

- Danganronpa 3 

Edited by Slugger_VII
Updated list
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slugger_VII said:

I am going to jump in this! Never done a contest on the site so please let me know if I mess anything up. Side question, for updates and discussion do we just continue posts within this thread? My current list is pretty ambitious so I may change some of the longer platinums. I also need to add my backup games.

Welcome along! Yes, for updates and discussion simply continue to reply to this thread ?

I think most lists are going to be quite ambitious unless loaded with POWGI / TT titles. I admire everyone wishing to participate with me!

..and speaking of backup games, I guess I should add some really (though I don't intend to use them).

• Like 2

Tiny update on my list. I'll jump in on the # category and put in 11-11: Memories Retold. I originally wanted to put in 428: Shibuya, as did pretty much every one else, but I'm not paying 65$ for an old VN. Lists should be up to date; as usual, hit me up if I missed anything.

My personnal plan for this event will probably be, weirdly, going in order. I have 3 games with online trophies: 2 quick ones (Jojo, One Piece) and 1 big grind (Project Cars), so I might do them simultaneously. But, if I get bored/frustrated, I might jump around.

4 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Other than that, I have been thinking about Blades of Time, but it has 1 online trophy, and may end up being a bad idea to use it.

Hit me up if you ever need a partner for that quick trophy, I'll help you out.

Hello to all new competitors! Make sure to read all of the rules on the 1st post. Especially the complete list, DLC/100% and backup games rulings.

Less than a month before the beginning; hype is flowing!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Tiny update on my list. I'll jump in on the # category and put in 11-11: Memories Retold. I originally wanted to put in 428: Shibuya, as did pretty much every one else, but I'm not paying 65$ for an old VN. Lists should be up to date; as usual, hit me up if I missed anything.

My personnal plan for this event will probably be, weirdly, going in order. I have 3 games with online trophies: 2 quick ones (Jojo, One Piece) and 1 big grind (Project Cars), so I might do them simultaneously. But, if I get bored/frustrated, I might jump around.

Hit me up if you ever need a partner for that quick trophy, I'll help you out.

Hello to all new competitors! Make sure to read all of the rules on the 1st post. Especially the complete list, DLC/100% and backup games rulings.

Less than a month before the beginning; hype is flowing!

Great! 

That helps me deciding on B and X (Xblades and Blades of Time, since they are related). 

I don't remember PC1being that big of a grind (the SP, ya, that's a huge grind, and why I'm still not done with it), PC2 is the one with the nig online grind (really big...). 

Not sure what One Piece game you are talking about, but if it's PW1 on ps3 (I started it, but is on standby), I can help, same if it's World Seeker (I have the game, but wasn't thinking in using it because it's to long, but if you want, we can do the online. 

Also on 428 Shibuya, it's currently on sale for 15€ on EU!! (lucky me!).. Didn't it got a sale on the US too? It's part of the Christmas sale that started on Monday. 

• Like 2